#511 DDAA

DDAA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

^this
How nice from Lex to mess with their base.

Is it a Lex thing or is it a DOOM thing? Seems the dude is hitting new levels of laziness. Fair play to him, if there are enough mugs out there.

#512 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Is it a Lex thing or is it a DOOM thing? Seems the dude is hitting new levels of laziness. Fair play to him, if there are enough mugs out there.

Was thinking this as well. New level for DOOM though, this shit hasn't even been out a year and he rereleases lol

#513 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Was thinking this as well. New level for DOOM though, this shit hasn't even been out a year and he rereleases lol

Ummm no. Occult Hymn anyone?

#514 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Kind of a difference between a free MP3 EP and re-releasing a retail album with new material less than a year later imo

Edit: I don't think Occult Hymn got any kind of retail release anyway

#515 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

wtf ?
9 tracks that coulda fit on the OG version, if done right.
thats the other half of that album i bet,

#516 DDAA

DDAA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'm still copping though - I liked Keys but it felt a bit sparse on DOOMs end, no doubt the butter version will feel like a more complete listen. But yeah, we're being sold the other half of the record.

#517 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

im broke. but i will have to own these "new" songs in some format.

#518 heile

heile

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

http://m.soundcloud....kstar-feat-kirk

Is this a new DOOM beat? Pretty good. I can't remember the last time I heard a new DOOM beat.....

#519 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

http://m.soundcloud....kstar-feat-kirk

Is this a new DOOM beat? Pretty good. I can't remember the last time I heard a new DOOM beat.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjD15kxCe5A
  • James Frank. likes this

#520 heile

heile

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

ah, I figured it couldn't possibly be new. More of the same from DOOM, gotta love him.

#521 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

For a min I've been watching all these half assed DOOM performances and delayed albums, so I was like fuck DOOM! Then I laid back and listened to his latest lyrics and it made me remember why I cared. One of the few rappers I can actually listen to and think about what's said even after the 30th listen. Keeping it sophisticated and relevant.

#522 heile

heile

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I still love DOOM, I just wonder what's wrong with him. Something about him changed when his output started slowing down and I don't think it will ever be the same. I still love his emceeing though, he really is the tops. JJ DOOM was hot shit.

#523 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

^ concern for the villain man.

I wish there were MORE unheard stuffs on this Butter Edition frankly. We'll see what the price tag difference is...
3 still-unheard DOOM tracks, 2 still-unheard remixes. I'd trade all five remixes for tracks with new verses, though I do enjoy that Dave Sitek one and Clams has grown on me. Anybody else find Thom Yorke's remix attempts to be weirdly...off? I like that Retarded Fren remix beat (there will be blood OST sample?) but it still feels pretty incongruous to the delivery of the verse and the mixing is all weird. I must admit I am curious about the Beck remix of Banished though.

AND it's kinda awesome and hilarious that he inserted 3 tracks into the middle of the tracklist, cause he's a real tracklist-structure perfectionist.

#524 Pattch82

Pattch82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Dunno if anyone has seen this...

Lex records are offering free JJ DOOM vinyl single for all customers... you only need to pay for the postage...

PROMO COPY - Limited Edition pantone blue disc, free to all customers - all you pay for is the postage!

A - RHYMIN' SLANG
B - RHYMIN' SLANG (JJ TRON REMIX)

Posted Image

I ordered a copy on Friday and it arrived in the mail on the Saturday morning!! Are Lex based in the UK...? That's the only explanation I could think of for the super speedy delivery!!

Anyway, here's the link...

http://shop.lexrecor...in-slang-single

Cheers!
  • James Frank. likes this

#525 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I ordered a copy on Friday and it arrived in the mail on the Saturday morning!! Are Lex based in the UK...? That's the only explanation I could think of for the super speedy delivery!!

Good looks on sharing this piece of info!

And yes, Lex is based out of the UK.

#526 BOBO

BOBO

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

I respect Masta Ace because he's hiphop,but that MA DOOM was wack..Not everyone should get on DOOM beats..also in his interviews bout it he kinda talks like he's above the villain too..not really a humble dude

#527 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

also in his interviews bout it he kinda talks like he's above the villain too..not really a humble dude

Every Ace interview I read when that project dropped was cool, I definitely didn't read any hostility towards DOOM into anything either. Ase is a legend in this game, he doesn't need to be humble at this point anyway though.

#528 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

• SunnyMeadowz likes this

#529 BOBO

BOBO

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Every Ace interview I read when that project dropped was cool, I definitely didn't read any hostility towards DOOM into anything either. Ase is a legend in this game, he doesn't need to be humble at this point anyway though.

#530 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Dunno if anyone has seen this...

Lex records are offering free JJ DOOM vinyl single for all customers... you only need to pay for the postage...

excellent find, man-- thanks! i ordered a copy along with the Gazillion Ear EP...did anyone else realize that they got the acapella on that shit??? cause i sure didn't...

#531 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

what's going on with this butter edition?? Isn't it supposed to be out on the 8th? no peeks at the packaging yet? I want to hear that Del feature dammit, despite his recent output. first Del/DOOM collab? and apparently Gone (featured on the also unheard "The Signs") is another Jneiro alias... I wonder if we'll get to hear them trade verses or (more likely) it's another JJ solo track?

#532 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

The "Butter Edition" is now up for pre-sale on itunes, the 2CD is up on UGHH. No snippets yet, the pre-sale comes with instant download of the Clams/DOOM joint we've all already heard. No real details other than tentative release date of August 20th, but they're gonna be updating in the next few days.

They say there will definitely be vinyl as well. I hope that JJ Tron remix test pressing is still available to tack onto my order.

EDIT: snippets up on amazon. check that beck banished remix. calling it right now that it bests the original.

Pause Tape sounds like it's gonna be...weird, The Signs is a JJ solo verse and apparently the BBNG version of Guv'nor features all new verses? why it's still called Guv'nor I'm not sure.

You can essentially listen to the whole songs here. Click dem headphone icons. I stand by my beck remix statement. And it turns out DOOM just does an intro on Viberian Son, it's just one Del verse.
...and Pause Tape IS weird. But has a good JJ verse.

EDIT AGAIN: Lex has put up 3 of the new tracks on their soundcloud: Pause Tape, The Signs, and Viberian Son. They're holding onto the Beck and BBNG tracks for some reason, but they can still be found at the link above. The "new" version of Guvnor is interesting, some dope new verses that mesh and play with the old verses in cool ways. Opinions?

#533 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

New tracks streaming...

https://soundcloud.c...ey-to-the-kuffs

Beck remix still waiting on audio...

#534 nervous

nervous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

#535 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

what is that?

#536 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

what is that?

it's almost surely the 3rd LP from the Butter. appeared on Lex's twitter a few days ago.

Beck remix still waiting on audio...

Check it here. the BBNG track too.

#537 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image

Ha. Was just coming over here saying I hope the new material will just be a 12" instead of releasing a 3LP (would be pretty shitty to people who bought the record earlier this year).

Picture disc though, so will probably be all overpriced at 20-30 bucks anyway -_-

#538 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

BBNG track too.

I didn't even realize they were doing a cut for this!!! Hell yes.

#539 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Officially Announced/ Up for Order at Lex

Looks like they are in fact taking a lot of care to not screw over those who already bought the album. Despite the reordered tracklist we've seen (new tracks plopped in the middle), guess that only applies for the digital version. They're selling the new material as a standalone 3rd CD or LP (the pic disc), the CD comes with a fancy "outer sleeve" so you can "build your own Butter Edition":
Posted Image

Personally would have gone in for a whole new 3LP package but I can appreciate the woes of those who already bought. Nice of them to call this what it REALLY is on the packaging: JJ DOOM bonus EP. But it's $19 for the 3rd LP and only $34 for the 3xLP set...bargain of 10 bucks for those who haven't picked up the vinyl yet. Either way it's overpriced, and it's hilarious that they printed up new T-shirts, as though people were dying for that new Bookhead icon in the logo.

OH AND THE VINYL DOESN'T SHIP UNTIL LATE OCTOBER.
I'd be frustrated, but DOOM's verses have been so fucking on point (see the BBNG track for example) it's hard to not just throw them my money. If only he had a verse on Viberian Son other than his awesome intro, I've wanted to hear DOOM spit over that track since the instrumental dropped. But o' that Beck remix...
  • GC90 likes this

#540 Jay Stone

Jay Stone

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

That Beck remix is insane!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

mrvaughn