5 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Just copped an XL, got a good deal on it too, this shit is like $700 or 800 retail and I got it for $300

Do any of you guys use this synth? how was your experience with it, and is this better than just the microkorg? cause people say the xl is just beefed up version of the microkorg

#2 dirtykics

dirtykics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:beats and rhymes, kids, my girl, graffiti, ANIME ALL FUKIN DAY! and blackcherry shakes and malts...

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

it's got a few more sounds... i think the sound engine is the same... which has samples from the ms2000... i think the voice count for the vocoder went up a few... but other than the digi display their isnt really that much of a difference... it is an upgrade tho... i have a regular microkorg and coupled with a roland sp fx board it's a beast... if i got another small keyboad itd be the korg R3 or micro X...

#3 E.Powers

E.Powers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Finding weird ish inside record covers.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

I don't have it, but them shits is fun as hell!! B)

#4 assembly_line

assembly_line

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Just copped an XL, got a good deal on it too, this shit is like $700 or 800 retail and I got it for $300

Do any of you guys use this synth? how was your experience with it, and is this better than just the microkorg? cause people say the xl is just beefed up version of the microkorg

first thing i will say that alot of xl users don't realise is that you should immediately download the microkorg-xl sound editor from the korg website. it gives you acess via usb to the sound from the MK,MS2000 and MS2000B!

#5 dishwater

dishwater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

really, 700-800?? I got one for 330 euros... is the dollar that fucked?

it is a fun machine but i get tired of the knobs that are hard to read, and have considered selling and going for an older synth that has more direct interface, less options with more immediate control.

and yeah what assembly_line said!

#6 naijafootballer

naijafootballer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:making beats

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

330 euros is like 450 US dollars i think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users