Cis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image
http://rushhour.nl/s....php?item=66060

When cut loose on the Rudy Ray Moore/Dolemite catalog to put together the release that came to be known as OhNoMite, Oh No was like the clichéd kid in a candy store. With so much material to pull from it was inevitable that some cuts couldn’t be squeezed into the final OhNoMite project, some would with different mixes and some were never fully realized. Oh No turned this material over to his alter-ego, Dr. No, for the further finishing touches for this all instrumental outting. The result is contained here on Dr. No’s Kali Tornado Funk.

Coming at you with fists flying this full length features instrumentals and alternate mixes from the OhNoMite record, thoroughly funk filled blasts that didn’t find their way into the final OhNoMite project and much more. Kali Tornado Funk is the total experience; the Doctor’s prescription for those whose asses just don’t move enough, a

recommended treatment for those whose ailment is a lack of soul

:D

#33 flowmontana71

flowmontana71

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image
http://rushhour.nl/s....php?item=66060

When cut loose on the Rudy Ray Moore/Dolemite catalog to put together the release that came to be known as OhNoMite, Oh No was like the clichéd kid in a candy store. With so much material to pull from it was inevitable that some cuts couldn’t be squeezed into the final OhNoMite project, some would with different mixes and some were never fully realized. Oh No turned this material over to his alter-ego, Dr. No, for the further finishing touches for this all instrumental outting. The result is contained here on Dr. No’s Kali Tornado Funk.

Coming at you with fists flying this full length features instrumentals and alternate mixes from the OhNoMite record, thoroughly funk filled blasts that didn’t find their way into the final OhNoMite project and much more. Kali Tornado Funk is the total experience; the Doctor’s prescription for those whose asses just don’t move enough, a

recommended treatment for those whose ailment is a lack of soul

:D

Good looks....can't wait.....

That's what's up.....

http://soundcloud.com/fm71 - No $ - No Toke!!!!

#34 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Seems intriguing; hopefully that's not really the album cover...
  • GC90 likes this

#35 yasharwan

yasharwan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

OH SHIT DOPE CANT WAIT

http://www.undergrou...e=1&InStock=Yes

#36 Orthodox Odd

Orthodox Odd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Not sure if this has already been addressed--is there instrumental for this?

#37 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

No there is not at this point. I'm not sure if there will be one either.

#38 Pattch82

Pattch82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I've been listening to the Tornado Funk instrumentals for the last few days now and they're BANGIN'!!!!!

Can't believe some of these beats didnt make the final cut for Ohnomite, obviously I know there's time restraints but DAMN!! Pretty much every beat on here is a heater!!!

Cheers!

#39 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

yes, big geech been listening to these too! great album!

geech

#40 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Picked up Dr No's Kali Tornado Funk on wax the other day at a local shop and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. When I first heard the announcement for an Oh No album in which he would be using Rudy Ray Moore's reels I was so hyped. Though I really dug the Ohnomite LP this is the project I had dreamed of for the last few years. A few of the instrumental versions off Ohnomite appear herein only in shorter form, the new beats are banging and quite funky, but the overall feel is an extremely well executed beat tape/album. I also dig the fact that so many bangers were snugly fit onto one vinyl disc; I know that for playing out the one record isn't as nice, but for enjoying in the confines of my home it is a pleasure to only have to flip the record once. I highly recommend adding this one to your collection even if it takes a bit of effort to track it down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users