• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dirk W

Dirk W

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

so i've got about a dozen or so 45's i want to rip for a mix i'm putting together. my plan is to do it as follows... numark pt-01 -> sp-303 -> audacity. either that or my 1200 with shure white labels. my problem is leveling. anyone else use their 303 as a pre-amp for such purposes? what do you set your mic and volume levels at? i've tested a few 45s already. some come out fine, others clip. is there a better method to getting quality mp3s from my wax? fill me in people. thanks.

#2 High Dreams

High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:24 PM

do you have a pc? i have my 303 going both in and out to garageband. then out the dj mixer (from a pt-01 and tt200) to the 303's mic in with the mic in volume all the way DOWN. the light on the 303 should turn red on the songs' loudest parts (e.g. when the snare hits). the output volume of the 303 is all the way UP going into garageband. i don't know if this will clip in audacity, but with garageband you can have whatever's coming into it so loud its distorting, and the record levels go all the way up to the top in garageband without clipping (as long as the input record level of garageband and the computer are all the way DOWN). once you start bringing up the input level in garageband it will start distorting and clipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users