318 replies to this topic

#301 lightingpill

lightingpill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/csoim-blank-vids

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

I don't know whether to thank him for both making such solid beats AND furthering my crush on Lisa Bonet (Yep, I'm another one) or to make a beat in his honor. I couldn't stop listening to his and Dibia$e on GodsConnect YouTube channel. Next thing you know, I am checking his albums.

#302 SwaggieJay

SwaggieJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

Ok guys.

What we really need right now is a split joint filled with knx & mndsgn remixes.

This

#303 Torch

Torch

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

https://www.thefader...ction-knxwledge

On your album Hud Dreems, all of the beats are edited tight, none longer than two minutes. Is that a style choice? To be honest, I do that because I really don't think about the listener. Probably should, but nah, fuck that [laughs]. That's how I want to hear it, to be honest, so that's how long you guys are gonna hear it.

LOL.

What's next for you? Try to finish these rap records. There's some rap stuff in the works with probably the three most incredible rappers in my opinion. I got stuff with Prodigy coming out. With the Infamous Mobb, actually, too, and my man Big Twin. Shoutout Twin. He's a fucking G. That used to be my neighbor, and he just moved.

There's some joints with young fucking Roc Marciano. And then my man Action Bronson got some joints coming soon after. He's fucking singing his heart out with this record. He's a good dude. He treats me good when he's out here; he has Body call me. It's hilarious. He has Big Body Bes call me like "Yo, where the fuck is you at, man?" Incredible fucking cuisine every time. Phenomenal.

He cooks you a four-course meal while you're chopping up samples. Most rappers won't even break up weed for you. Aw man. Come on man. He's just wild exceptional, man. I can't ask for more. He's good people.

Dude has a bromance with Action Bronson. I still maintain that Action Bronson is less than interesting.

#304 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:29 PM

Listening to Hallways today, didn't realize Knxwledge did this beat, one of my favorites off that record

• felixherandez, GPBear and l i f like this

#305 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

To be honest, what upsets/motivates me about KNX is he hears music in a way I don't.

No part of my being says, "Ambient pads." I just don't "get" it. Kinda like Dilla's electronic phase, or Madlib's brazillian stuff at first, Tribe after Midnight Marauders, Q-Tip on Amplified. But over time, I figured out what I didn't understand before about the music, and it furthered me along

I like it because he's got a couple years on me, let's me think somewhere down the line in my beatmaking, I'll figure something else out.

• GC90 likes this

#306 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

To be honest, what upsets/motivates me about KNX is he hears music in a way I don't.

No part of my being says, "Ambient pads." I just don't "get" it. Kinda like Dilla's electronic phase, or Madlib's brazillian stuff at first, Tribe after Midnight Marauders, Q-Tip on Amplified. But over time, I figured out what I didn't understand before about the music, and it furthered me along

I like it because he's got a couple years on me, let's me think somewhere down the line in my beatmaking, I'll figure something else out.

it feels amazing when you finally do come up with some way to make your beats stand out in comparison to everyone else's though.  i have a few tricks up my sleeve that i use regularly, although i would rather not mention specifically what they are...but yeah -- Knx. has definitely built up a distinct formula that almost always ends with interesting-sounding beats, whether they're good or not.

• GPBear likes this

#307 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

What's your formula JF?
  • felixherandez likes this

#308 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

he records everything in a 6 foot tall blue wolf costume

IMG_4169.jpg

you've changed, JF, you've changed

• Yvon, GC90 and James Frank. like this

#309 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

Project ghost/Hood apparition

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

Coming out of my cave to say that I love Hud Dreems. Knx is the rap Rauschenberg. It's pretty much the beat tape I've always wanted, which is ironic because I wasn't even feelin the dude for some time.

• Low Hiss likes this

#310 JJ

JJ

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

Knx is the rap Rauschenberg.

you need to come up with these quotes in time for us to slap 'em on stickers & press releases
  • soulREBEL360, DJ Primate, GC90 and 5 others like this

#311 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

Project ghost/Hood apparition

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

you need to come up with these quotes in time for us to slap 'em on stickers & press releases

Hook me up with some advance releases and I'll gladly provide my amateur copywriting services.

• soulREBEL360, GC90, GPBear and 2 others like this

#312 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:23 PM

i also find his demeanor quite distasteful.

Uncle+Leo.png

• GPBear likes this

#313 norieaster

norieaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

just got the vinyl in the mail today. Side D is incredible. Goes pretty far out there. Def elevates the whole album for me. Not that i wasn't already playing it on repeat.

• GPBear likes this

#314 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

damn i wish i could hear side D but my mthfkin record player is broke smh

#315 d-prock

d-prock

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/d-prock

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

I don't know whether to thank him for both making such solid beats AND furthering my crush on Lisa Bonet (Yep, I'm another one) or to make a beat in his honor. I couldn't stop listening to his and Dibia$e on GodsConnect YouTube channel. Next thing you know, I am checking his albums.

Lisa Bonet = Belle de Jour

#316 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:13 AM

Hexual Sealings 9.

Dope.

Work ethic? I feel like he's a beatmaking cyborg...

Listen, and understand! That Knxwledge is out there! He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are nodding your head.

#317 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:17 AM

btw I pre ordered the LP from hhv.de and now I get an email telling me delivery is delayed because the record label postponed the release. Whassupwitdatden? Has there been some production fuck-up? Do the European versions still get pressed up by PIAS? Or is it a case of hhv.de not pre-ordering enough copies to match demand?

Long and short of it - will I ever get my hands on that vinyl? STBot?

#318 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 01:41 PM

Hoping that won't happen with my Fat Beats order :(

#319 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Long and short of it - will I ever get my hands on that vinyl? STBot?

Haven't seen hhv's email, but no worries, there was no production fuck-up.  We announced June 30 as our vinyl release date, and we're going to hit it. We had a hiccup in supply last week because of high demand for this record, but it looks like we're on track for June 30 just as we planned.  (Many ST pre-orders have already been shipped and delivered.)  Keep in mind, we're in the same city as our pressing plant and places overseas might end up with vinyl later due to the realities of shipping time. 

• GPBear likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users