• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image

Stones Throw Beat Battle #200

• Producers

• SAMPLEhttp://www.zshare.net/audio/8461076834e95512/
  • Flip the sample and make a beat (see below for Production Rules)
  • Upload your beat to the ST Beat Battle page

Production rules

• flip the chosen sample any way you want
  • outside drums and bass are allowed
  • outside keys/synths ALLOWED
  • no acapellas
  • vocal samples/skits are allowed
  • cuts/scratches are permitted

Questions about posting, production, voting, deadlines? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Follow the STMB Beat Battles on Twitter

UPDATE-new battle schedule:
Post - by Wednesday at Midnight NYC time
Vote - by Friday at Midnight NYC time
Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time

#2 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Happy New Year Everyone ! Beat Battle #200 is up and running. Sample is uptop, just clik the link. Synths are allowed this round . Lets get it in !
Peace

#3 Komplikated

Komplikated

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/komplikated

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Congrats with beatbattle 198 Jondis!
Happy Newyear everyone! Too bad! I forgot to vote so sorry for that! (holidays and so on on) :( :D

Love that sample !

#4 MOXATRON

MOXATRON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Bashing out Beats on my MPD, skateboarding, Drawing skulls, and other stuff... like playing pool.
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/moxatron

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Word up! Hope you all had a good new year!

I just finished the beat for this weeks, some real good sounds to chop out of the sample!

Respect to Jondis to keeping this running!

I'm still not back at mine yet so I had another chance to try and get to grips with Albeton.

It's got some great features that I'm finding!!

Peace.

#5 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/champ-neptune

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

YO!

make sure you guys come through and member up on the STMB COMPILATIONS group, over at soundcloud.

The first comp album deadline is next fri the 7th of jan. Anyone can enter...rules n shit are in the "info" section. please read them and also take a peek at the "discussion" section as well.

And please take part in this, Jondis and I have been trying to get this moving cold turkey, so please come through. we are looking to have a comp album at least every week.

If the pressure of a comp beat and the battle beat is too much, please say so. Thats what the discussion thread is for in the group. We are serious. join in, drop a beat, listen, participate.

Thanks, and great 200 samp.

#6 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

word,
congrats jondis...and thanks for everybody that gave me a vote. this text on a computer screen doesnt really convey how much i appreciate the support. you guys that post comments are what keep me producing!

the stmb compilation sounds cool.
i was talking about doing something like this a while back, but more like a DJ mix with serato.
but, i was thinking that the comp should be only the winning (and possibly runner up) entries of the past 15 or so battles.
maybe another kind of comp all together as you guys are talking about doing a weekly deal.
perhaps after we get a few of these going, we can decide on one that should be mixed,
but i am down to make a mix!

school is starting in a week so im not sure how much time i can devote to putting up two stones throw beats plus the soundcloud battle. but, i will try

i appreciate you guys putting this together.
really thankful that ive found a place to work on my production!

peace

#7 Dax

Dax

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Been watching these beat battles go on from a far for a bit now, may decide to try my hand on this one.

#8 Kaytradamus

Kaytradamus

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:REAL HIP HOP & ELECTRO

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

I'm new at this stonesthrow battle stuff ... i'll just try then

#9 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

word,
congrats jondis...and thanks for everybody that gave me a vote. this text on a computer screen doesnt really convey how much i appreciate the support. you guys that post comments are what keep me producing!

the stmb compilation sounds cool.
i was talking about doing something like this a while back, but more like a DJ mix with serato.
but, i was thinking that the comp should be only the winning (and possibly runner up) entries of the past 15 or so battles.
maybe another kind of comp all together as you guys are talking about doing a weekly deal.
perhaps after we get a few of these going, we can decide on one that should be mixed,
but i am down to make a mix!

school is starting in a week so im not sure how much time i can devote to putting up two stones throw beats plus the soundcloud battle. but, i will try

i appreciate you guys putting this together.
really thankful that ive found a place to work on my production!

peace

thats what this is all about mate, making great music and supporting your peers.

About the 2 beats a week plus whatever personal stuff artists are doing...ive been thinking about that, its all up to you guys. Jondis and I only chose friday because we wanted to make a deadline to get everyone moving. without some type of order, it could take weeks to fill up a full comp joint. people are busy, thats understood. So if anyone wants to brainstorm a better schedule for the comps. share.

Lets finish this first one. Then from then on we can do one with a series of past winners. and then there is the one where its all about the "outside st beats."

well you currently are assigned to doing a mix of all the tracks. We can release it as a "hidden" bonus track on bandcamp for those who take the time to download it. great ideas.

but check this out, nothing special but ST was lookin out for our 200 battle well being haha

Front Page Coverage

and welcome to the new guys up there...

#10 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

ok everyone, our bandcamp is up here:
EDIT:(closed until release date)

its all basic shit right now. Copyright ST image and custom banner.

#11 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

Dude this comp is gone be dope, bandcamp is a good look . Just got in ima try to rap up this beat im workin on for 200. And Welcome to all the newcomers, lets get it in !
peace yo

And thanks Champ for setting this Bandcamp page up,, and YO Thanks everyone for all the love yall are the shit for real

#12 flyingWill

flyingWill

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

this is cool.

#13 Jamie

Jamie

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Yo I just discovered this today, excited that such a thing exists on the internet AND at Stones Throw. Lookin forward to finishing up my 200 track. Peace

#14 airjordan0815

airjordan0815

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Longs walks on the beach, beats, rhymes, life, and kittens

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

allan tew is the shit

#15 NegroSaki

NegroSaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hopefully I'll be able to submit something for 200.

Big up to all the producers on here, and big up to Stones Throw for recognizing all of us.

#16 nice nate

nice nate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Beats...

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Been watching these beat battles go on from a far for a bit now, may decide to try my hand on this one.

You better do it Dax! I've been tellin you to hop on this shit!

#17 Beatronome

Beatronome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:41 AM

thats what this is all about mate, making great music and supporting your peers.

About the 2 beats a week plus whatever personal stuff artists are doing...ive been thinking about that, its all up to you guys. Jondis and I only chose friday because we wanted to make a deadline to get everyone moving. without some type of order, it could take weeks to fill up a full comp joint. people are busy, thats understood. So if anyone wants to brainstorm a better schedule for the comps. share.

This is just an idea:

Put a maximum on the number of tracks. (like 23)
Whether you use old beats, beat battle beats, or new beats is up to you.
Everyone gets to send in (share in the soundcloud group) two beats until the deadline. (like January 21, midnight)
After that, everyone gets 3 votes, you have to vote on different tracks. And you have to vote on 3 tracks. The 23 tracks with most votes make it to the compilation.
(Alternative: the 10 best make it to the compilation, after that there will be another round with the other tracks, because some tracks will stand out, and it could be possible that this way a track with only one vote will end up in the compilation or something.)
Only people who participate can vote? So no one will recrute his friends to join the voting.
Voting runs until January 24, midnight.

Or something...

#18 PaulZigfrist

PaulZigfrist

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Cut records and papers to make beats an patchworks

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

Just discover the STBB...and immediately register!!!

Respect to ST and all the producer here from Italy

PZ

#19 Kashuks

Kashuks

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:hip hop producing

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

posted a beat. Happy New Year to ya'll!!!!

#20 ifah

ifah

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

mine is up too.
though competition tho. some interesting beats.

#21 Dax

Dax

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

You better do it Dax! I've been tellin you to hop on this shit!

Ha it's in progress man, in fact it would be done by now but I'm just waiting for my friend to bring back my synth that he borrowed, want to try a few things out on that before I set it in stone. Probably have it up by tonight or early tomorrow.

Only I'm not sure that I know who you are? Unless you're joking with me haha.

#22 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

This is just an idea:

Put a maximum on the number of tracks. (like 23)
Whether you use old beats, beat battle beats, or new beats is up to you.
Everyone gets to send in (share in the soundcloud group) two beats until the deadline. (like January 21, midnight)
After that, everyone gets 3 votes, you have to vote on different tracks. And you have to vote on 3 tracks. The 23 tracks with most votes make it to the compilation.
(Alternative: the 10 best make it to the compilation, after that there will be another round with the other tracks, because some tracks will stand out, and it could be possible that this way a track with only one vote will end up in the compilation or something.)
Only people who participate can vote? So no one will recrute his friends to join the voting.
Voting runs until January 24, midnight.

Or something...

interesting ideas. the first come first serve one with the 23 limit is a bit on the harsh side. For this first one i would actually like to see all who take the time to make the jan 7th deadline make the comp. even if we have to split it into 4 comp albums all based on the one album. Theres plenty of room on bandcamp you know?

Keeping it at one beat per person is safe, well have thousands of beats in there for 1 comp. gotta keep some type of limit there.

I like the voting idea a lot, but keeping it as simple as possible for people is the key. I fully understand the system you have...and want to try it out. cause it cant hurt. but for this particular comp, we should keep it light and everything in place. i thinking changing the deadline and rules/voting now would cause a bit of chaos, and maybe even cause some to turn away...

but ive been posting ideas and things in the actual "discussion" thread on the group page. so please read and comment there as well. i think we need a stmb streaming chat joint. this logging in and out and refreshing pages is tiring haha

well, what does anybody else think of beatronome's idea? I really like the voting, it helps to keep things in check and to a min. thinking bout doing that for the second for sure. need lots of input though. Thank you beatronome for adding this. and btw your "signature" is dope. love waking life.

#23 Jamie

Jamie

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

Just added my entry, surprised how many there are this early in the game. Damn! Some good tunes spread throughout.

-wabberjocky

#24 naijafootballer

naijafootballer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:making beats

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

yea i agree with champ its to early to over complicate things. the voting idea does sound good though

#25 4FIVE

4FIVE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Damn, i didn't realize how many people participated in the beat battles now.
Good stuff guys, im guessing it was the jump to Soundcloud -- nice to see more people participating

#26 Beatronome

Beatronome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

Fair enough Champ! I just went thinking the compilation had to be 'album length', but yeah, this is the digital era. And keeping the votings simple is a good idea also...

Uploaded my track by the way.

And waking life is genius.

#27 Don Substance

Don Substance

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Sup everyone!

Brand new to the board. Had a go at this, uploading as I type! Look forward to hearing how everyone else flipped it.

Peace!

Don Substance

#28 WhoisFCtheTruth

WhoisFCtheTruth

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:all things musical

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

yeah just uploaded my beat!
Shout out to everyone on here.. we all share love for this art we call hiphop!

peace ya'll.

#29 Dizah Blacc

Dizah Blacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:diggin' for records, making beats, working, and sexing up my girl on the regular! thats the life for me.

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

Just posted my flip.. Hope yall feelz me!

this is my first time ever submitted any beat. lol

#30 Dizah Blacc

Dizah Blacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:diggin' for records, making beats, working, and sexing up my girl on the regular! thats the life for me.

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

Sup everyone!

Brand new to the board. Had a go at this, uploading as I type! Look forward to hearing how everyone else flipped it.

Peace!

Don Substance

I feelz your joint man haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users