#1 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/champ-neptune

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

This has been posted here to keep the first comp simple and to get a general idea of how to go about this. This is not restricted to the battlers in any way. Just trying this out. The previous idea on the board was brought back up, so i decided to take that idea and refresh it a bit.

With the help of Jondis, the group is created here:STMB COMPILATIONS

Anyone on the board is free to join in. Rules/guidelines are being set in place. If you have ideas or anything to contribute, please do.

The first comp deadline is next friday, the 7th of Jan.

Come through, drop a beat, listen, whatever you want.

The idea is to get artists together and to hear other music, so with that said...lets get it movin.

#2 Htet

Htet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Pronounced 'tet'

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

nice idea champ. just so i'm clear, are we putting out a comp like every week? are we gonna have a 'cd cover' for it and zip the files as well? Thanks.

#3 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

nice idea champ. just so i'm clear, are we putting out a comp like every week? are we gonna have a 'cd cover' for it and zip the files as well? Thanks.

right. thats what im hoping for, we just need to bring in more members. Yes, im hoping for all the works, covers, individual track art, etc.

Yea, but the tracks have to be made downloadable...and im thinking about zipping the files up and releasing them on another site such as bandcamp or something with album art, so the entire albums can be downladed cleanly. The previous site that the older members used was "soundclick" so that is also an option. The kinks are being worked out.

If you want to design a cover, please do and send to either me or jondis, Cause your work is fire.

#4 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

yo i just uploaded one champ.

i like the idea of getting artwork on this and uploading to bandcamp. i wouldnt mind takin the time and uploading on my bandcamp, but if u wanna make a new bandcamp or somehting, thats cool too!

once a week might get a lil crazy imo. maybe once every few weeks. lets see how this goes first.

good work champ and jondis for runnin this shit!!!

#5 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

right. thats what im hoping for, we just need to bring in more members. Yes, im hoping for all the works, covers, individual track art, etc.

Yea, but the tracks have to be made downloadable...and im thinking about zipping the files up and releasing them on another site such as bandcamp or something with album art, so the entire albums can be downladed cleanly. The previous site that the older members used was "soundclick" so that is also an option. The kinks are being worked out.

If you want to design a cover, please do and send to either me or jondis, Cause your work is fire.

i hope i got it right - as german i'm not 100% sure if understood the idea: i send you some downloadable tracks/beats and you'll put it to the compilation? well here are some - but most not downloadable - but i can enable it... www.soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris

or should i uploud it to a fileserver?

tnx enzo

#6 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

i hope i got it right - as german i'm not 100% sure if understood the idea: i send you some downloadable tracks/beats and you'll put it to the compilation? well here are some - but most not downloadable - but i can enable it... www.soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris

or should i uploud it to a fileserver?

tnx enzo

dope, glad your participating. No, all you have to do is click on the "STMB COMP" link at the top and go to the "dropbox" tab and share a track. it will be reviewed for approval.

note: the only reason that the tracks are not automatically accepted is because there will be too many people dropping tracks that are either not a part of the stones throw fam, or have no intention of being apart of the "comp." That's why we are also asking for anyone participating to become a member.

Yes please make your track downloadable, it makes it the final transfer to bandcamp or other site easier.

SHIT! actually that reminds me, bandcamp only accepts "wav's" so if you all can, please upload a wav to the dropbox. if not the tracks can be converted to wavs. but doing that for every comp album will be tedious, and slow down transfer/release time.

Thanks.

#7 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

SHIT! actually that reminds me, bandcamp only accepts "wav's" so if you all can, please upload a wav to the dropbox. if not the tracks can be converted to wavs. but doing that for every comp album will be tedious, and slow down transfer/release time.

Thanks.

okay... i think i'll upload an extra track in wav!
untill then "hawk" is o.k.

#8 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

yo i just uploaded one champ.

i like the idea of getting artwork on this and uploading to bandcamp. i wouldnt mind takin the time and uploading on my bandcamp, but if u wanna make a new bandcamp or somehting, thats cool too!

once a week might get a lil crazy imo. maybe once every few weeks. lets see how this goes first.

good work champ and jondis for runnin this shit!!!

much respect on the offer, but currently theres a page up right now(under construction) haha

So heres where art is very important.

Right now there is a basic construction and basic "stones throw" art related stuff up. but if you guys want it more personal to the stmb fam, please work up some art and send.

thanks, site link will be provided soon.

#9 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

okay... i think i'll upload an extra track in wav!
untill then "hawk" is o.k.

thats fine, but there is a one beat per person limit. so decide which you want, the other must be removed.

You can also add the "hawk" one in a wav format if you have it. but send a message to me on soundcloud and let me know whats up.

Thanks.

#10 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

ok, here is our bandcamp official:
EDIT:(closed until release date)

its at its most basic state. I used a original copyright st pic and then made a custom banner. Once we get people submitting art and stuff, the page will feel more ST based.

#11 St Clair Bandit

St Clair Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

ill idea, i'll upload a beat later tonight

#12 Jadoe

Jadoe

ch-POW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

try my best to make a decent beat..
hasn't been happening recently

#13 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I got a real nice beat I finished up, i'm putting a DOOM Acapella over it though and adding some scratches, might add a little PR in there as well. Is that kool with you Champ?

#14 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

I got a real nice beat I finished up, i'm putting a DOOM Acapella over it though and adding some scratches, might add a little PR in there as well. Is that kool with you Champ?

%100 cool with it. if you have album art, drop that too.

#15 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

k dropped mine

gonna work on some album art now :D

#16 scabs

scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Bandcamp detects when a track has been converted from mp3 back to wav and prevents the upload. No wav no dice.

#17 Htet

Htet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Pronounced 'tet'

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Champ and Jondis and whoever else for putting this together! I was thinking that for this first compilation, it'd be cool to put whatever tracks we want but for later ones maybe we should have certain themes. And also we really should have a DJ who can mix these tracks together.

And yeah maybe I can do the art once the tracks are in, but it seems others wanna try as well. Whatever works.

#18 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

Bandcamp detects when a track has been converted from mp3 back to wav and prevents the upload. No wav no dice.

serious? well what I meant by "converting" was running the mp3 through my software and exporting it as a new version(wav) that's how I've done a gang of my tracks on bandcamp. but that's interesting, some really picky shit.

#19 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Champ and Jondis and whoever else for putting this together! I was thinking that for this first compilation, it'd be cool to put whatever tracks we want but for later ones maybe we should have certain themes. And also we really should have a DJ who can mix these tracks together.

And yeah maybe I can do the art once the tracks are in, but it seems others wanna try as well. Whatever works.

most def htet, i didnt really come up with the idea of stmb comps. it was a previous idea from old old members. but it was brought back up and I decided to just try it. but its all in good fun.

I think thats a dope idea. like how we got that guilty rip for battle #150, we could do some special theme on for example: comp #10. I can dig that idea.

for the DJ, most definitely...someone offered in another post, forgot who. and for the art, pleased do fire up your Photoshop and come up with something. If we get a bunch of album art, well just have a small quick vote or something. but as of now, the slot is open.

#20 dcap

dcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

pretty cool.

i just finished a beat and hope ull pick it. i just have a small problem. my recording gear is broken. ill should get a new soundcard this week. ill bounce it asap.

#21 St Clair Bandit

St Clair Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

yo just uploaded a beat of mine, titled raid

hope you enjoy

#22 B.M.P.

B.M.P.

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

I cant found out what bandcamp is, i uploaded a beat to the soundcloud groupe, and every thing seems fine there, do i have to do something on bandcamp or is it all right just to place the beat at soundcloud??

#23 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

I cant found out what bandcamp is, i uploaded a beat to the soundcloud groupe, and every thing seems fine there, do i have to do something on bandcamp or is it all right just to place the beat at soundcloud??

all you need to do is place the beat in soundcloud, the mods will do the transfer to bandcamp. Just be sure to upload your file to soundcloud in wav and make it downloadable

#24 Minvk

Minvk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

First off shout outs to fuken champ and jondis for this!

i uploaded a track, but i dont know why my wav files come out to be really big. Its 17MB. I can reupload if you need me to as a mp3 files because when i save them as mp3 from FL studio, they come out at a low size. However i dont know how to convert to wav. Haven't really looked into it, and am lazy, sorry. Can you help me out?

#25 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

okay - i submitted a new track in .wav - "hawk" is replaced with "how could you"...

i guess there are enough guys on the artwork-project. but if you need some vector-graphics, just tell me and i'm in!

keep on

enzo

#26 OBEY!

OBEY!

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

i just upped the wav version, you can let the other version slide. cool idea btw!

#27 earlchambers

earlchambers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:12.5%
  • Soundcloud:/earlchambers

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

i would love to here a mix of past winners.
collecting all the tracks would be a challenge i'd say.
not sure if this compilation idea makes sense to me, but good luck with it.
it looks time consuming!

btw, Minvk
try http://www.freemp3wmaconverter.com/, a free converter. it's decent.

#28 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

First off shout outs to fuken champ and jondis for this!

i uploaded a track, but i dont know why my wav files come out to be really big. Its 17MB. I can reupload if you need me to as a mp3 files because when i save them as mp3 from FL studio, they come out at a low size. However i dont know how to convert to wav. Haven't really looked into it, and am lazy, sorry. Can you help me out?

the file size is cool. no worries. but to cut down the mp3 size in FL, just record your track into "edison." it will create an "audio only" track. and from there drag the audio track onto your "playlist" once your track is in the playlist, mute all the "midi" or "solo" the audio track. Then from there "render as audio file" i dont know how your layout is, but mine is at the top right hand corner of my fl window. it looks like a squiggly line above a floppy disk image.

click it. then it will ask you were you want to save. in the file type drop down menu, the default type will be wav. but if you want to change it, hit the drop down and choose the file type. after you hit that it will bring up a new fl window. hit: "START"

#29 DjMastadon

DjMastadon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Just turned in my contribution. Hope yall dig it.

#30 St Clair Bandit

St Clair Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

i uploaded my track as an mp3 because it was about 25mb as a wav and i didn't have the time to upload that. is that all good ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users