• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:49 AM

I have heard a few people with questions similar to mine so I'm going to go ahead and let people know (who don't already know) how helpful fruity loops can be.

Some of my boys came to visit ATL last night and they sat me down and schooled me on what fruity loops can do.

Basically, it can be used as a great sequencer. I have been mashing rough beats from my sp303 onto acid. Then I can take chops/smples from that and put them in fruity loops to really start cleaning it up and making it sound nice.

Lastly, fruity loops is great for bass lines in that any sample you load on to it, you can play with different pitches and lay down your own bass line.

It is also a lot easier (for me) to get decent high hat sounds on fruity loops.

I'm starting to see the light on fruity loops. It's fun and despite what you might think, you can make beats knock on it.

#2 ANT8U

ANT8U

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Im a Funky Mathmetician.. Suave herbalist local pot doper presentator and mediator.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:28 AM

hunter, why dont you ever answer your phone???

#3 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

hunter, why dont you ever answer your phone???

I fuggin' deleted your voicemail when you left your number, bro. My bad, call again and leave a number again. I'm really bad about that.

#4 TIMP

TIMP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

I was kinda doing the same thing for a while, except I started with FL and added the 303, I only made one beat from the combo cause I think i might've fucked up my 303's memory card reader along with the pads have latency issues (it might've just been my inexperience with it tho). I gave it to my boy, Im about to get it back this week to give it a second shot.

one good piece of advice I can give you is, make a drum pattern in FL, record it into the 303, dirty it up, then record it back to your computer and put it back in FL.

#5 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:15 AM

I was kinda doing the same thing for a while, except I started with FL and added the 303, I only made one beat from the combo cause I think i might've fucked up my 303's memory card reader along with the pads have latency issues (it might've just been my inexperience with it tho). I gave it to my boy, Im about to get it back this week to give it a second shot.

one good piece of advice I can give you is, make a drum pattern in FL, record it into the 303, dirty it up, then record it back to your computer and put it back in FL.

Shit, good idea. I love how crunchy/boom-bappy the samples become with the 303.

#6 scabs

scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:06 PM

the 303 with w/ fl can be obvious if you dont know how to use it or GOD LIKE if your keen and pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users