188 replies to this topic

#181 flowmontana71

flowmontana71

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

No complaints on this one! the packaging is nice and the sound quality is great! ABOUT TIME! :lol:

Just got mine today...have to agree....

Great sound quality.....

http://flowmontana71.podomatic.com 'Real' Hip-Hop!!!!

#182 HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

Just realized that the Professionals track has a Doctor Who sample in it. Awesomeness.

#183 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Also very satisfied with the quality

#184 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

I'm about to go jack a postal truck and see if there are any Nittyville vinyls inside. Shit is taking forever to reach the record stores.

#185 mau

mau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

MMS: 1 was super low and had no bass

MMS 3: was also low and the levels were all over the place on all my copies. (I even bought the 2lp one and it was really bad too). There were also a few cases where the ink stuck to the plastic.

MMS 5: was ok when played but still had to be turned all the way up to hear any bass

MMS 7: all my copies skipped on the D side but sounds gorgeous! Even my 2lp version skipped. Due to this issue I recieved mms#10 for free :D

MMS 11: had really bad split seams on the plastic jacket as well as the black paper jacket. ST replaced them, but the plastic seams on the replacements were still split. Plus the vinyl skipped on ALL of my 3rd discs (even my replacements) :(

I dont mean to bitch cus I LOVE the series, but maybe Im the only one havin bad luck over and over again...

You're not the only one ;] but you experienced more trouble than i did with the mms series. I thought all the problems were fixed when 11 came out. My copy is fine, but because i experienced so much trouble with st's physical products in the past i decided to stop buying their products.
I love st of course and the music they put out. I even used to buy a record if there would be only a few tracks that i like, just to support st and the artists, but those days are over. I'll still the madlib stuff on vinyl but that's it....

#186 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

You're not the only one ;] but you experienced more trouble than i did with the mms series. I thought all the problems were fixed when 11 came out. My copy is fine, but because i experienced so much trouble with st's physical products in the past i decided to stop buying their products.
I love st of course and the music they put out. I even used to buy a record if there would be only a few tracks that i like, just to support st and the artists, but those days are over. I'll still the madlib stuff on vinyl but that's it....

Did you get mms# 9? How'd it turn out?

p.s. (I was looking at the "put your covers up thread" and you have the best mms# 5... what number did you get? Just curious)

#187 mau

mau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:44 AM

my copy of 9 didn't arrive yet at the record store. but i don't think i got the best mms5 cover hehe, i wanted one with the cars but they were all gone, it's #264

#188 Liv

Liv

the mean mugging scapegoat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

Today I envisionned a video for Party Your Pain Away and it was brilliant B)

#189 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

That little bit of Karriem Riggins Is a nice Detroit touch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users