wow, i was not feeling that at all

#4 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:03 AM

what is a .rar file? what am i supposed to do with it? im workin on a mac by the way...

#5 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:04 AM

i just unzipped mine

#6 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:07 AM

i just unzipped mine

ahha. i opened it with stuffit exxpander and got a "format error" message and then an empty folder! brilliant! so whats the music like anyway?

#7 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:19 AM

sounds like bad fruity loops beats with some kid who is trying to sound like paul wall acting like hes gonna rap but never actually rapping

#8 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:25 AM

sounds like bad fruity loops beats with some kid who is trying to sound like paul wall acting like hes gonna rap but never actually rapping

wow. i'm suddenly really gutted that i just emptied my trash.

#9 T-Bear One8III

T-Bear One8III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:hip-hop and spinnin wax

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

judging by the replies, i havent even bothered to download this. but just for future info, a .rar file is just like a .zip file. you need winRAR to open it. you can download winRAR for free. just do a search.

#10 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

whoah!!!!!! hot cocoa, you just disrespected the whole essence of pure hiphop dude. that was extremely immature of you to make any of the comparisons that you just made. i'm shocked that you went so far out of bounds....

MPC/crates/dusty/raw/rugged/experimental/honest

an unreleased j-live track
a jay dee tribute
real life situation documenation

good shit is what you can expect.
i don't know where cocoa was coming from...

see for yourself

#11 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

whoah!!!!!! hot cocoa, you just disrespected the whole essence of pure hiphop dude. that was extremely immature of you to make any of the comparisons that you just made. i'm shocked that you went so far out of bounds....

MPC/crates/dusty/raw/rugged/experimental/honest

an unreleased j-live track
a jay dee tribute
real life situation documenation
good shit is what you can expect.
i don't know where cocoa was coming from...

see for yourself

all that ranting just coz someone didnt like it?

wow. imagine if every artist bitched and moaned like that when they get dissed.

hmm. and you're callin Hot Cocoa immature? :(

#12 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

here we go again :(

p.s. this was posted in the wrong section....

#13 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:06 AM

can someone else listen to it please :( i need more people on my side

#14 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

MPC/crates/dusty/raw/rugged/experimental/honesty

i just listened again and it dosnt sound like you sample anything sounds like your using all the fruity loop presets,help me out

#15 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

dude, i don't even know what the fuck fruity loops is!! i only know 9th wonder fucks with it.

i've been 100% akai mpc and records for years. sometimes i add a little keyboard on top or underneath. i'm honestly in shock.

#16 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

dude, i don't even know what the fuck fruity loops is!! i only know 9th wonder fucks with it.

i've been 100% akai mpc and records for years. sometimes i add a little keyboard on top or underneath. i'm honestly in shock.

i wish i could here this now... i need a laugh

#17 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

i wish i could here this now... i need a laugh

hes got a few songs up on his myspace

#18 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

I checked his myspace. Your head needs to shrink, you ain't that great. Maybe not as bad as Cocoa called you but seriously, if your gonna come on a message board full of producers and call yourself out as the next big thing in the wrong section of the message board, you should probably come with nothing but ridiculous heat, which in my opinion you didn't. Maybe like, luke warm coffee heat that needs to quit thinking it still tastes great. I use Fruity Loops and my drums sound better than yours :(

#19 lordquas4293

lordquas4293

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

^^^^^ exactly i mean im not a producer or anything but that really was not very good.

3.4/10

#20 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

my only advice would be to keep practicing cause the beats are decent, but please dont say anything over them

#21 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:00 PM

DUDES!!!! FUCK MY MYSPACE PAGE. I JUST POSTED 12 TRACKS and gave you a link. lets say a new jurassic 5 cd comes out, they send the cd to URB magazine for review, and urb goes to J5's myspace page and writes a bullshit, uneducated, and irrational review of the 3 myspace tracks... how ignorant would that be?

heres the deal: if you listen to my entire artistic expression and can't get with the music, ok. BUT AT LEAST GIVE THE SHIT A COMPLETE LISTEN. madlib is one of my favorite producers, ever, but he had plenty of shitty beats on the beat konducta cd that he put out last year. but i listened to the whole cd, several times, and there are several tracks that i can turn the volume up to. but there's a bunch that i just wasn't feeling. but madlib is still the ace, one of the coldest in my book.

what i'm jaded about is for you 3-4 dudes coming in here either making such outlandish and uninformed comments or trying to criticize some shit that you didn't even listen to. i know your lazy and close minded and not really willing to open yourself up very often, thats cool. But which part of your asshole did you pull the paul wall comments from? do you listen to paul wall dude? i don't. do you have his cd? i never did. are you using fruity loops? i don't. i chopped every single hi hat sound, every single snare sound, and every kick drum sound on every one of these motherfuckin beats. i put time into these tracks. i put heart into these tracks. i've put years into developing my shit. years. i'm a true head. so for somebody to try to dismiss me or the shit that i'm offering up for free as some chump shit, or some weak shit, or some gimmick shit, i just can't feel you on that.

because there are some real solid joints on this little mix i compiled for you all as a gift. i was hoping there would be some true hiphop dudes coming thru the board, that might be a JROCC fan, or a oh no fan, or a madlib fan, or a PBW fan from when he was still producing who might give my music a listen, and enjoy the angles that i was coming with. this music i posted and my real life situation ain't a joke. i'm going thru some tuff times, so i decided to offer this up. i really would like to acquire some music work. and i feel as though my version of hiphop is clean. i've got some tight shit. if you got a tight pair of shoes, i'm going to compliment your kicks. if you got a fly outfit on, i'm comfortable enough with my shit where i can be like "a, thats a clean ass outfit you got on man".

if you dudes are inclined, give me some real feedback. give me some informed feedback.

i'm tired of dudes hating just to hate, always trying to dog a motherfucker. i've put in too much work for that.

#22 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

what if i just genuinely think its shit?

am i allowed? .... shit. the hip hop police (led by KRS) are gonna come round and smash up my yard.

my thoughts on your tunes only go by your myspace material coz your .rar file doesnt seem to unzip properly on my mac.

if your stuff on the .rar file blows the myspunk tracks away, fair play.

thats good, coz the myspaff shit is fuckin wack. . in my opinion. <<<< rememeber those key words dude, before you flip the fuck out .

someone else out there might love it. so stop whining like a lil bitch.

#23 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

haha. you're a funny dude. i guess you'll never know. and thanks for stopping by the myspace page.

#24 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

i guess you'll never know.

somehow i'm ok with that.

#25 lordquas4293

lordquas4293

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

DUDES!!!! FUCK MY MYSPACE PAGE. I JUST POSTED 12 TRACKS and gave you a link. lets say a new jurassic 5 cd comes out, they send the cd to URB magazine for review, and urb goes to J5's myspace page and writes a bullshit, uneducated, and irrational review of the 3 myspace tracks... how ignorant would that be?

heres the deal: if you listen to my entire artistic expression and can't get with the music, ok. BUT AT LEAST GIVE THE SHIT A COMPLETE LISTEN. madlib is one of my favorite producers, ever, but he had plenty of shitty beats on the beat konducta cd that he put out last year. but i listened to the whole cd, several times, and there are several tracks that i can turn the volume up to. but there's a bunch that i just wasn't feeling. but madlib is still the ace, one of the coldest in my book.
what i'm jaded about is for you 3-4 dudes coming in here either making such outlandish and uninformed comments or trying to criticize some shit that you didn't even listen to. i know your lazy and close minded and not really willing to open yourself up very often, thats cool. But which part of your asshole did you pull the paul wall comments from? do you listen to paul wall dude? i don't. do you have his cd? i never did. are you using fruity loops? i don't. i chopped every single hi hat sound, every single snare sound, and every kick drum sound on every one of these motherfuckin beats. i put time into these tracks. i put heart into these tracks. i've put years into developing my shit. years. i'm a true head. so for somebody to try to dismiss me or the shit that i'm offering up for free as some chump shit, or some weak shit, or some gimmick shit, i just can't feel you on that.

because there are some real solid joints on this little mix i compiled for you all as a gift. i was hoping there would be some true hiphop dudes coming thru the board, that might be a JROCC fan, or a oh no fan, or a madlib fan, or a PBW fan from when he was still producing who might give my music a listen, and enjoy the angles that i was coming with. this music i posted and my real life situation ain't a joke. i'm going thru some tuff times, so i decided to offer this up. i really would like to acquire some music work. and i feel as though my version of hiphop is clean. i've got some tight shit. if you got a tight pair of shoes, i'm going to compliment your kicks. if you got a fly outfit on, i'm comfortable enough with my shit where i can be like "a, thats a clean ass outfit you got on man".

if you dudes are inclined, give me some real feedback. give me some informed feedback.

i'm tired of dudes hating just to hate, always trying to dog a motherfucker. i've put in too much work for that.

u told me to be the judge and my judging was that its complete shit

#26 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

aaaaaaahh, alright dude, alright.

#27 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

I don't think what I heard on your myspace is anywhere close to complete shit, I just think your arrogant, anyways I'm downloading the file hopefully I have something to unzip it with

#28 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:making music,crate diggin,traveling

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:38 AM

for the record i think you guys are being a bit harsh i mean the man just wanted to share his music with us thats all. instead of coming up with ways of flat out disrespecting his music maybe you could be more constructive? i might catch some heat for saying this but i really don't care. i listened to his tracks on his myspace and i dont really find them that bad, that old school joint has a really nice break going bass and drums and i like the build up on the first beat it starts of minimalistic then it grows gradually. overall not bad at all im gonna d/l this mix and check it out before i say anything about that but thats my opinion. we all have an opinion i think some need to work on better ways of expressing it

dialogs 2 cents on this heated topic

peace and god bless

#29 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,497 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:08 AM

. the hip hop police (led by KRS) are gonna come round and smash up my yard.

hahahahahaha!! that really did make me laugh

i downloaded the album only listend to a couple of songs and checked the myspace page there was a song on there that i just could not get my head around it just confused me

erm yeh maybe il write sumthin of substance later :lol:

#30 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

i listened to the 15 tracks twice(once again when you said you mostly used samples) and listened to the songs on your myspace and honestly the songs on your myspace sounded better to me. Im not trying to put you down im giving you my honest opinion. When patch asked me what it sounded like I tried to make some comparisons to give him a feel for how it sounds and i wasnt trying to label you at all. If the sound goes into my ear and I dont like it, isnt it better for you to hear that then for me to pretend its good or not respond at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users