11 replies to this topic

#1 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:29 AM

soooo i was going through some old stuff on zip disks on my mpc the other night and there was tracks that i had used but i was in two minds wether to delete them and free up disk space or keep them just incase? i mean there is hi hats and stuff i could re- use but for the best part they are there for no reason

anyone else just keep shit hanging around or do you all wipe it once done and dusted?

#2 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:59 AM

ill keep something that i really thing i can turn up dope later on ... other shit right out the window.

#3 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:09 AM

I try to keep as much as I can. I love listening to some cuts or a beat I made back in the day that I thought was whack at the time... a lot of times it wasn't half as bad as you thought it was and sometimes it's dope.

But what ever you do delete, there is no looking back, don't even think about it.

#4 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

If I don't like it when I'm doing it, I don't save it. But... if there's something that I think I could use in the future, but don't really like the whole thing... I'll keep it. (i.e. drums or the sample)

#5 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

I always save to much. I have so many beats that I hear and I'm like wtf was I on or thinking that day

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

I always save to much. I have so many beats that I hear and I'm like wtf was I on or thinking that day

ahahaha man thats so true,im one for making a beat whilst stoned(i dont smoke that shit no more folks rots yer brain)and thinking its the next level in rap history only to re listen in the morning to find that its just plain crap or average

also i used to have a mini disk of beats id make real quick then wipe them,i stopped doing that when i listend to it and found a really dope track i had done but no idea where the sample came from or anything!

#7 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

"i stopped doing that when i listend to it and found a really dope track i had done but no idea where the sample came from or anything!"

thats exactly why i write down all of my sample sources...

#8 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

"i stopped doing that when i listend to it and found a really dope track i had done but no idea where the sample came from or anything!"

thats exactly why i write down all of my sample sources...

since learnt my lesson and keep a notepad

#9 straight outta fremont

straight outta fremont

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:58 PM

if i were you, i would track it out and burn it to CD or leave it in a multitrack or computer HD. even if its only like a 2 minute beat you shoud always use it as a reference on what you ca improve or what strengths you have for your songwriting skills.

burn it then delete the file.

#10 ntw1212

ntw1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

lay down all your beats to computer or tape or whatever you got. You can also just lay down the sample as well and then delete it to free up space. Then you know where it is if you want to resample it. Once you lay everything down to computer you can delete everything in your machine and free up a bunch of space.

#11 gabe

gabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

ahahaha man thats so true,im one for making a beat whilst stoned(i dont smoke that shit no more folks rots yer brain)and thinking its the next level in rap history only to re listen in the morning to find that its just plain crap or average

Thats the fuckin truth right there haha

#12 asterikss

asterikss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:17 AM

..save everithing! ..put it on pc and relax, later, years later, you will be laughing at what you did years back! ;)
..i do save everithing even the stuff thet i did`t like when i made it, now i laugh the shit out of myself listening to beats 5-6 years old!!!
..peace!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users