• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

i just wanna hear raps about guns and shit like that :blink:

I know man! I feel that! I mean, where are the guns?! Where are the big booties?! Where are the platinum grillz!? We just don't get enough of that anymore!

Where are all the mean people!?!?!? :angry:

#32 Vynal Duss

Vynal Duss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

I know man! I feel that! I mean, where are the guns?! Where are the big booties?! Where are the platinum grillz!? We just don't get enough of that anymore!

Where are all the mean people!?!?!? :angry:

I know right, everybodies actin like they got sense, actually readin and shit every now and then, and so I just give them fuckers my "thug who needs a hug" hater look :blink: . I feel like punchin these chill type creative cats in the eye yo, for no reason yo, like, "I'm Rick James Bitch!!" :lol:

#33 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:30 AM

Hip-Hop isn't even close to being killed and if it wasn't for nerds, we'd have no beats. Without the toughs, who would protect the beatmaker/DJ?

I could argue with every perspective here but I'm gonna leave it alone.

#34 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,486 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

this whole thread = can of worms

i blame roc c for all the thug activity on the stones throw boards nowdays :blink:

#35 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

one thing ---- teaching graff... as a point of history in time cool. symposuims are nice..

but teaching one how to do a throw up.....

WACK!

#36 The Trashman - QN5 Spy

The Trashman - QN5 Spy

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

thats not what I am saying...look at ultramagnetic mc's backin the day they were different.........but they still had that hip-hop feel and swagger to them. and they were def different from what was out at that time. Kool keith is just on some other shit right now.

I knew most people on this board wouldn't agree with me, but I felt the need to say what i said...I actually buy records, I am out there, I am active in the community, I am in the clubs, I have a presence in my city...and I am going on what I know, not what i think. I put on the dilla benefit shows in my city, I could go on and on but I won't.

but trust me, I don't have a problem with nerds and weirdos, to each his own, but that has nothing to do with being creative...nothing at all. Hip-hop must continue to grow and mature, but once it strays too far from it's roots...it turns into something else.

no disrespect to anyone but its statements like this that kill me
wtf is that suppose to mean? That is a iresponsible statement, and its arrogant statements like that that put people off to the music. This is exactly what I am talking about, that statement could be viewed in a million different ways. so you have to be a dumbas to have jewelery? or you can't understand quas becomes you rock ice, what kind of statement is that. I have to take it for face value, I didn't beat around the bush nor did I make any references to anybody specific in my posts.
Hip hop is doing better than it ever has, it basically runs the music industry. It keeps black people with jobs, creates programs inthe hood....I can go on. There is a powerfull ripple effect that has a ton of positives, as well as negatives. Swagger is flavor....confidence. Little brother is the perfect example of a group who should at least have gold records..they have it all beats, ryhmes, GOOD SONGS...real songs. But they are promoted so bad....that they are not given to the people correctly.

I just feel like hip-hop needs to be taken back......and I will say this, b4 you critizize a certain genre of the music, go to the people that listen to the music learn why they like that style of music, wether it be some backpacker, crunk, bounce whatever....you might learn something. But then again, if you scared to go, I can understand that as well.

Dawg, you have no argument, didn't you learn generalizations don't work (see racism), nerds and weirdos are doing there thing and g's do they thing. Hip-Hop can cater to anybody and that's what's so great about it. I don't listen to all that much underground but I like what I like. And how can you generalize MC's as backpackers w/ lyrical content, or mainstream artists w/ swag. What about Lupe? He's a nerd with swagger to the fullest. There is a rapper out there for everyone, they are all different and you can't say they are either nerd or g's. MF Doom could be considered a nerd but he would fucking break your jaw on the street son. You feel me? You made this topic to make yourself feel cooler by looking down on those you consider "nerds & weirdos", acting like you ain't a dork in here posting on a forum, pshhh, if you try to be cool your not cool son. Nerds > You.

#37 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:52 AM

my math memory days is getting old...

did you mean

Nerds>You - nerds are greater than you or Nerds<you, less than you?............

or did you mean

Nerds = you?

or

e=mc2? :angry:

#38 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

grizz, you from cincy?

#39 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

grizz, you from cincy?

yup, tho im away at school now. but almost every day i daydream bout some LaRosa's! (the one on short vine especially).

#40 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

yup, tho im away at school now. but almost every day i daydream bout some LaRosa's! (the one on short vine especially).

That's what's up man....I'm in Cincy like every week. My girlfriend lives there (ahem). I live in Dayton. LaRosa's is excellent.....she says that the Hyde Park one is the best though.....Chad Johnson is known to be spotted in LaRosa's every now and then. Where you go to school?

LOL I know all this is off the subject but whatever.

#41 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:31 AM

i go to the university of southern indiana (USI) which is in the basically whack ass city of evansville, but, i pay less than 200 bucks a credit hour which is about all i can afford.

#42 DJBIGPHILL

DJBIGPHILL

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

maybe I went to far with my generalizations...and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but for the cat from allentown to make that comment about "mf doom would fucking break my jaw on the street, son "....I won't even address that. you went too far. as a matter of fact you don't live too far from me. I live in Pittsburgh (right around the corner from you) come to one of my functions, and enjoy yaself. I don't have to defend my position on the issue, just stating what I see at least from my perspective in my city.

also I wasn't looking for anyones aproval, also to address the comment from the individual from Allentown using terms such as "dork" and "nerd" towards me....you can't be serious. Why would i post anything to make "myself look cooler" (as you stated as well)...obviously, the whole point of the post was lost. But you might want to refrain from the personal attacks....especially towards me.

People are not going to agree, and we all listen to different types of music. But the whole argument of hip-hop vs. Rap is old. It's either good or it's not.

anyway...if you thought the dilla stan smiths we did were ill (which I donated all the paper to the dilla foundation)....wait till you see what we got cooked up next.

P.S-let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum....

#43 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

Maybe this post would've went over better at the "Roc-A-Fella board" not Stonesthrow of all places.
:huh:

before anyone starts bitchin'....chill it was a joke.

#44 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

nothing wrong with a litllle strut negativity here

hahahhahah :huh:

nahhh its all peace.

#45 The Trashman - QN5 Spy

The Trashman - QN5 Spy

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

maybe I went to far with my generalizations...and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but for the cat from allentown to make that comment about "mf doom would fucking break my jaw on the street, son "....I won't even address that. you went too far. as a matter of fact you don't live too far from me. I live in Pittsburgh (right around the corner from you) come to one of my functions, and enjoy yaself. I don't have to defend my position on the issue, just stating what I see at least from my perspective in my city.

also I wasn't looking for anyones aproval, also to address the comment from the individual from Allentown using terms such as "dork" and "nerd" towards me....you can't be serious. Why would i post anything to make "myself look cooler" (as you stated as well)...obviously, the whole point of the post was lost. But you might want to refrain from the personal attacks....especially towards me.

People are not going to agree, and we all listen to different types of music. But the whole argument of hip-hop vs. Rap is old. It's either good or it's not.

anyway...if you thought the dilla stan smiths we did were ill (which I donated all the paper to the dilla foundation)....wait till you see what we got cooked up next.

P.S-let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum....

:huh:
STFU, You ain't right around the fucking corner doggie. Pittsburgh is like a 6-7 hour drive from me potna. You ain't better then nobody you just some fucking internet head talking shit to make yourself feel better. Fuck Pittsburgh dog. The point was you said backpackers ruin swag, but that shit is stupid, haters like you turn the game into a bitch affair, fuck what you heard. Don't get crazy. U DORK!

mf doom would fucking crack your shit, NYC>Pittsburg

Go jump in one of the fucking rivers over there.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDIPSET ALL DAY! kEEP IT MOVIN!

#46 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

i can only imagine on the front of the n.y. times

stones throw artist MF DOOM clocks innocent civilian. It appears from inside sources the individual that was attacked by the masked villain mentioned something regarding "backpacker". at this point of time we do not know what a back packer is nor do we know when madvillainy 2 is coming out.

Doom clocking someone..please.... homeboy got too much money to take to the bank to be worried about some little dude and be threatened with a lawsuit... let him make the money. DONE!!! he's smarter than that and would not resort to those tactics. Im still not crazy about his new music. just wanted to clarify that.

#47 Brother of Inertia

Brother of Inertia

ΩΩΩΩ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

the individual from Allentown

aw man, just noticed that.

YO TRASHMAN, I'M FROM MACUNGIE!!!

#48 The Trashman - QN5 Spy

The Trashman - QN5 Spy

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

aw man, just noticed that.
YO TRASHMAN, I'M FROM MACUNGIE!!!

Hahah you redneck!, nah playing, I buy weed out there sometimes.

#49 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

Hip hops doing fine to me but crunk and hyphy are killin it

#50 DJBIGPHILL

DJBIGPHILL

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

STFU, You ain't right around the fucking corner doggie. Pittsburgh is like a 6-7 hour drive from me potna. You ain't better then nobody you just some fucking internet head talking shit to make yourself feel better. Fuck Pittsburgh dog. The point was you said backpackers ruin swag, but that shit is stupid, haters like you turn the game into a bitch affair, fuck what you heard. Don't get crazy. U DORK!

mf doom would fucking crack your shit, NYC>Pittsburg

Go jump in one of the fucking rivers over there.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDIPSET ALL DAY! kEEP IT MOVIN!

you really have crossed the line. I am not gonna even address what you said, but be smart and be carefull with what you say. If you didn't agree with what I said that was fine, but you are being a little too "extra" all the stfu and "dorkd" is a little too much. So I am going to leave it at that. We just talking bout music, don't turn it into something else. Becuase the way you are talking, I am taking that as if that has nothing to do with the music, so if thats the case...feel free to contact me, and discuss whatever issue it is you have with me, whatever beef you have with me, take it to me persoanlly....you don't have to talk all crazy on a "message board". Thats pretty much all I am gonna say bout that, and I hope all that "extra" ends there. I don't know how MF DOOM got in the equation at all, but at least I got a good laugh out of all of that. But take that wannabe extra hard tone somewere else we just talking music. I am gonna leave it at that.

#51 dexter

dexter

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

you really have crossed the line. I am not gonna even address what you said, but be smart and be carefull with what you say. If you didn't agree with what I said that was fine, but you are being a little too "extra" all the stfu and "dorkd" is a little too much. So I am going to leave it at that. We just talking bout music, don't turn it into something else. Becuase the way you are talking, I am taking that as if that has nothing to do with the music, so if thats the case...feel free to contact me, and discuss whatever issue it is you have with me, whatever beef you have with me, take it to me persoanlly....you don't have to talk all crazy on a "message board". Thats pretty much all I am gonna say bout that, and I hope all that "extra" ends there. I don't know how MF DOOM got in the equation at all, but at least I got a good laugh out of all of that. But take that wannabe extra hard tone somewere else we just talking music. I am gonna leave it at that.

do you want a little cuddle Phill?.... come on....lets see if i can't get me arms around ya.

I couldn't myself.

#52 The Trashman - QN5 Spy

The Trashman - QN5 Spy

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

I'm sorry I'll stop.

#53 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:30 AM

Doom Ain't Gonna Hit SHIT

That Fat Mother Fucker

Maybe A Twinkie Or Some Shits

Doom Would Prolly Just Get His Mask Knocked Off...

#54 Brother of Inertia

Brother of Inertia

ΩΩΩΩ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:55 AM

do white kids who go to catholic school fit into the category of nerds and weirdos?

if so, i'm sad :rolleyes:

#55 End_One

End_One

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

It aint the nerds and weirdos that have killed hip hop its the ignorance and the miseducation .....

#56 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:52 AM

people are still doin good music and i think it's all about that... this whole shit about races and genres is just stupid cause i feel like good music is good music and it's not important who's doin it or from what genre it is... i think this so called "weirdos" are just trying to go into some other directions and it's nothing wrong with that... maybe some kids who didn't like hiphop before are getting into it and hopefully check also the people who inspired this so called "weirdo" or "nerd"-artists... some of the coolest cats were or are "weirdos" or "nerds"... you used to call them weird but now it's their fuckin STYLE

#57 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

i can only imagine on the front of the n.y. times

stones throw artist MF DOOM clocks innocent civilian. It appears from inside sources the individual that was attacked by the masked villain mentioned something regarding "backpacker". at this point of time we do not know what a back packer is nor do we know when madvillainy 2 is coming out.

HAHA! :D

what happens if the weirdos and nerds DO kill hip-hop? do we know that? :)

#58 4% earf bodee X

4% earf bodee X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

no, corporations, an israli, dro, yak, e-pills, and everything else mos def mentioned in the rape over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users