41 replies to this topic

#31 EightArms & BlackMist

EightArms & BlackMist

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

>snicker<

this board reminds me of the StapleDesign msg board circa 2000. so many opinions, so much blahblah, so much wasted time, so many vacuous thoughts. they took that one down b/c ppl kept starting e-beef from the safe confines of their mommy's house, getting racist, blah blah.

i love that people were so incensed they just had to join the msg board b/c of my CD offer. that speaks to so many things i don't know where to begin. all i'll say is if you're mad you don't have the records, then you're like i was before i had em. if you're sooooo appalled that i'm charging for it, it's b/c you're likely just you're not in a position to cop. this board is all about music fans and diggers (or funkfakers posturing as same) discussing tunes etc., well hey, that's great. i stumbled on it when pencilface used a term i've got a googlealert set up. (Express Rising).

i'm on this msg board (at least til y'all get your wish and i'm banned >> ooooooh....tremble) just b/c i saw like-minded music fans talking about music that's dear to my heart. it's true, whatever it took to cop this extensive of a collection is irrelevant. nevertheless, while most heads post music for others to enjoy, they too are violating copyright. don't truss it? check your premises, ducks. it's why the rules of this board forbid it. For free? for profit? either way, you're violating copyright. just b/c you see a $200 don't get all self righteous.

what i'm doing is simply letting ppl know, i got what you want. but it'll cost. think the music is over-rated? don't buy. think i'm the incarnation of record nerd archnemises evil? don't buy it. (and get over yourself). on the unkut.com site, i offered up the Natural Elements unreleased Tommy Boy album. the real fans, instead of whining to banish me from Earth, simply emailed me, and everybody was made happy in the end.

...onto the audio quality: buddy of mine who helped me rip the wax said this: "i burned you two CD's, i.e. two versions. Version #1 is just as the vinyl sounds. but then for #2, i used a 'plug-in' (his words, i'm just quoting him) to make the sound louder, and amp up everything, lows, highs whatever...99% of ppl would never be able to tell the difference, but i like to use it when i rip wax, and i think it sounds better.' so all you nerds, up in arms, tongues out and fist-pumpin'...getting all dramatic over semantics, just fall back and settle down a bit. as for "all fitting on one CD" let me amend that. i have blank DVD's. i can fit a whole truckload of shit onto it, and pictured doing that. yes, it's true, one CD would only fir the 45 series and the pentoca joint. the LP, and the 2 comp CD's would have to come separate.

oh and "Cowboy posturing"? i think not. i'm simply willing to do more than type when it comes to threats. as for Chicago vis a vis rare music-meets-violence, that gave me a good laugh. I ain't never been to chicago (frankly never saw a reason to go), but i can tell you that while i can certainly expect to get stuckup on the NewYork streets for a myriad of reasons, my fuckin' 7-inches will never be one. but anyone who wants to come to queens and try to catch a body over music re-sales is more than welcome to go out like that.

gotta dap you toys up, i really do. you made me laugh.

#32 EightArms & BlackMist

EightArms & BlackMist

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Before this guy gets banned I want him to know I have the Clumsy Owl / Somebody's Birthday 7" and it's one of my favorite records ever. It makes me happy just to think about the songs, I dont even have to hear them. But I think I'll go grab the record right now and put it on just for him <_<

see now ^ this fella knows how to not take life too seriously. See how easy that is, guys? by the way, Live215, i have the tracks already from the DJ Mumbler mix online. enjoy your seven inch. both A and B sides are terrific.

#33 John Book

John Book

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

i love that people were so incensed they just had to join the msg board b/c of my CD offer. that speaks to so many things i don't know where to begin. all i'll say is if you're mad you don't have the records, then you're like i was before i had em. if you're sooooo appalled that i'm charging for it, it's b/c you're likely just you're not in a position to cop.

That's fine, it's just records, I'm not into elitism.

...onto the audio quality: buddy of mine who helped me rip the wax said this: "i burned you two CD's, i.e. two versions. Version #1 is just as the vinyl sounds. but then for #2, i used a 'plug-in' (his words, i'm just quoting him) to make the sound louder, and amp up everything, lows, highs whatever...99% of ppl would never be able to tell the difference, but i like to use it when i rip wax, and i think it sounds better.' so all you nerds, up in arms, tongues out and fist-pumpin'...getting all dramatic over semantics, just fall back and settle down a bit.

You did explain it well. I'd like to think that someone could tell the difference between the record that was simply transferred over to something where the peak levels are raised or there's brickwall limiting, but again, I'm that 1 percent who can tell the difference.

gotta dap you toys up, i really do. you made me laugh.

All the way to the bank. It's all about comedy.

#34 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

8 Arms -- I'm going to ignore your long-winded outpouring of self-righteous elitism because you obviously don't get the vibe of this board. You also jump to some ridiculous conclusions about the board.

I will point out that so-called "audiophiles" are going to want to know what plugin/filter/eq you are using on the original recordings, especially at that silly price. How do we know your boy didn't crush the levels or something? Loud plugin? That shit won't fly son. Why would someone want altered rips anyway? I'm gonna guess that you have probably sold about zero of these at $200...ha...

I've wasted enough time on you. If you actually create something, come back and post it up. If If it's good enough, I'll pay a fair price. Or put the actual records up for sale instead of trying to milk them.

#35 EightArms & BlackMist

EightArms & BlackMist

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

8 Arms -- I'm going to ignore your long-winded outpouring of self-righteous elitism because you obviously don't get the vibe of this board. You also jump to some ridiculous conclusions about the board.

I will point out that so-called "audiophiles" are going to want to know what plugin/filter/eq you are using on the original recordings, especially at that silly price. How do we know your boy didn't crush the levels or something? Loud plugin? That shit won't fly son. Why would someone want altered rips anyway? I'm gonna guess that you have probably sold about zero of these at $200...ha...

I've wasted enough time on you. If you actually create something, come back and post it up. If If it's good enough, I'll pay a fair price. Or put the actual records up for sale instead of trying to milk them.

Ma'am:
Maybe you didn't note the irony of your reply, so i'll point it out to you.
1) if you ignored my long winded outpouring, you'd not have replied.
2) Elitism: Funny how the ppl on this board were all gaga for FREE Memphix (illegal) but when I want what i consider a fair price, they want blood. "Elitism!!!"....yeah. Said the pot to the kettle.
3) You wasted enough time on me....okay, then stop posting.
4) Create something? Yeah, I think I did. The four (Count them: 4 ppl = $800) who already hit me up helped me. And what did I create? A profit.

Over and out.

#36 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

And what did I create? A profit.

congratulations for that...good on you.

i'm done with you.

#37 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:17 AM

can everyone stop posting in this thread so it disappears please....

Posted Image x 1000000000

#38 John Book

John Book

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

can everyone stop posting in this thread so it disappears please....

Posted Image x 1000000000

just request its removal or something

Posted Image

#39 djobserv

djobserv

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

Either way, at the end of the day, it's a free country. I am not using any commercial medium to try to sell bootlegged music. I'm simply using a public forum to make an offer of a private collection. I got the wax, (which incidentally is for sale too, to the highest bidder), I got the CD compilations (all of which was used without the permission of their owners, hence the "Jones Records" name to disguise the true owners), and I can do what I like with it. If that's not allowed, then the administrators of this site are free to cancel my account. I'll still be selling the music though.

:D

years to find, only to sell??

#40 bonerstabone

bonerstabone

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

if anybody would like to buy legit express rising releases, holler at me via private message. no bullshit cdr's, i have a few of the early 45's and the lp.

#41 j415

j415

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

i gotta hear this express rising....

#42 nicholasvenaglia

nicholasvenaglia

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

The LP has been a very important album to me since its release. I once in a while do a search online to see if there is any news of a new record coming out and found this post. I had the album on cd but it got stolen with many other of my cds when my car was broken into last year. I have it on mp3 along with 5 of the memphix 45s but I'm pretty pissed, I didn't know it was as rare as it is until now. I was looking on ebay today and there is an LP going for 51 bones. Not bad but dang.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users