#1 High Dreams

High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:29 PM

how do you record from iTunes into a sampler while simultaneously going out the sampler back into garageband without getting a feedback loop?

#2 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

how do you record from iTunes into a sampler while simultaneously going out the sampler back into garageband without getting a feedback loop?

you need to mute the track that you are recording onto. i dont use Garage Band (I'm a Logic person) so i wouldnt know where the correct mute button would be (there's 2 types of mute button in Logic) but the principal remains the same. you need to mute the output of the software which has its input set to record enable.

#3 High Dreams

High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

errr... i've tried it a few different ways and no luck so far. the mute thing doesn't seem to be working

#4 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:19 AM

dunno man. i dont use garage band...

#5 High Dreams

High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

ok, i got it to work. but then i had to get the turntables into it too. so what i did was go out the computer into dj mixer ch. 2, then out the mixer into the 303, then back to the comp. problem was then i didn't have a channel for my second deck. guess i gotta get a 3 or 4 channel mixer...

...or just go out the decks into the 303's mic in! thanks for the help... not really genious, but probaby would've taken me a good 10 years to figure out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users