2 replies to this topic

#1 High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

anyone else got one? does anyone even use garageband here? does anyone own the remix tools jam pack with the classic roland shit? i'm wondering if it or any of the other jam packs are worth it... i know its kinda weak for editing compared to logic, but i'll take free over $300 anyday.

#2 straight outta fremont

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:50 AM

i have heard those jampacs....thy are ok............the i control can only work in garage band so that suks..if it worked on other sequencers that would be a nice piece of furniture and mobile studio kit. There are quite a few better sample libraries out there.........hell have you ever been to http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/

can garageband load up soundfonts?

#3 High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

yeah, the thing is garageband is reallly like the only software i'm fucxking with right now. i just basically try to run shit live from the 303 to that. keepin it uber basic...

this is from http://macslash.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/2...amp;mode=thread though:

GarageBand 1.1 Adds SoundFont Support

Anonymous Coward writes "MacJams.com is reporting that the latest version of GarageBand (1.1) now unoficially supports the popular SoundFont and Soundbank DLS software instrument formats. This means users can add dozens of instruments freely available on the Internet to their GarageBand setup. MacJams has directions for adding SoundFont instruments to GarageBand and links to sources for free instruments." More in Garage Band news, David Pogue's Missing Manual for GarageBand is slated to be released in a week and a half. Pogue has a degree in music, and spent time with orchestras on Broadway, so it will be interesting to see what kinds of tips his new book gives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users