Photo

I Downloaded Fruity Loops Two Days Ago And Now...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 stopover bombay.

stopover bombay.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:music. film. rapp cats. warhol. hieroglyphics. vinyl. pop eye. butter. arts. the beats. the meats. spank rock. word. stylus. heads. stickers. samples.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:27 AM

I have lots of fairly nice beats. I only downloaded it for fun, but i think i might get quite serious into producing. For now I just have a set of some nice and some fairly experimental beats. They are not neccessarily hip hop...I don't know what they are.

Anyway, some of the better beats I have uploaded onto a temporary MySpace, if anyone's interested. Give my music your time.

Btw 'Patlib' is not my artist name - I haven't thought of one yet, I just called it the first thing i thought of.

SPARK RIDICULOUS

#2 Mattremot

Mattremot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

not bad

If I were you I would start sampling percussion so I could fix those snares/claps/snaps

#3 stopover bombay.

stopover bombay.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:music. film. rapp cats. warhol. hieroglyphics. vinyl. pop eye. butter. arts. the beats. the meats. spank rock. word. stylus. heads. stickers. samples.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

not bad

If I were you I would start sampling percussion so I could fix those snares/claps/snaps

i do sample some of the percussion. i've only been using it for two days, i don't have a library of percussion. plus i've only had this computer a couple of weeks; i don't have much music on it.

also, do you mean that i should fix the claps? i like the claps; homage to dilla.

#4 High Dreams

High Dreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

not terrible. hello horns has the melody from carl sagan's cosmos. i think what dude was trying to say about the claps is the'yre a little harsh and computery sounding. maybe try EQing out some of the mids. spark is from sun ra--my fav track on lanquidity. patlib sounds like a sun ra melody too. the drums on onethreo208 are the best part of any of your beats. buttery, dirty, not too harsh--very pleasing to the ears. but the melody is a little redundant. maybe throw a bassline or harmony in there...

#5 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:13 PM

Nice start Bro. Keep it up.

#6 stopover bombay.

stopover bombay.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:47 AM

thanks for the replies. :D

#7 stopover bombay.

stopover bombay.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:50 AM

not terrible. hello horns has the melody from carl sagan's cosmos. i think what dude was trying to say about the claps is the'yre a little harsh and computery sounding. maybe try EQing out some of the mids. spark is from sun ra--my fav track on lanquidity. patlib sounds like a sun ra melody too. the drums on onethreo208 are the best part of any of your beats. buttery, dirty, not too harsh--very pleasing to the ears. but the melody is a little redundant. maybe throw a bassline or harmony in there...

yeh, i had lanquidity on my computer and i just started listened to the first track at random and sampled that. then i looked at the next track, and the next track. every song on that album has a really nice feel to it. and the horn on hello horns is from cosmos yeh.

#8 MrToii

MrToii

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

Far Away is dope as hell

#9 snub

snub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:52 AM

Oh shit, whenever I'm making a beat on Fruity Loops it takes me like 5 days to get maybe 3 beats done. :P

#10 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hooray for Fruity Loops, its a lot of fun and what I use mainly.

Nice sounds, a lot better than I sounded with it when I first got it.

#11 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

quality keep it up!

#12 stopover bombay.

stopover bombay.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

i'm always adding new beats, so keep visiting if you like what you hear. thanks for the replies <_<

also, if anyone would like to mc over one of my beats please feel free, i'd really appreciate it. and if you do could you send me a complete version. thanks.

#13 akabrownsugar

akabrownsugar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

now you can chase for FL 7 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users