Diggin' In AZ...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dirk W

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

first post. hey...

so i'ma be in AZ this weekend for the rock & roll marathon and i was just curious if there were any spots other than memory lane to check for. i only know of this place from friends and the stores website but it sounds decent. this'll be my first time in AZ and other than buying records i also plan to check out the heard museum to see the katsina doll collection and eat @ fogo e brasa(brazilian steakhouse). anyone with suggestions on what else to check out in PHX, i'ma be in town thurs-mon. i wanna play up the tourist role as much as possible. thanks...

#2 KonceptG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

View PostDirk W, on Jan 9 2007, 08:21 AM, said:

first post. hey...

so i'ma be in AZ this weekend for the rock & roll marathon and i was just curious if there were any spots other than memory lane to check for. i only know of this place from friends and the stores website but it sounds decent. this'll be my first time in AZ and other than buying records i also plan to check out the heard museum to see the katsina doll collection and eat @ fogo e brasa(brazilian steakhouse). anyone with suggestions on what else to check out in PHX, i'ma be in town thurs-mon. i wanna play up the tourist role as much as possible. thanks...

From what I understand, a lot of the joints closed up around Tempe and all. Zia is still there on University and Mill tho. I usually go to the Goodwill stores and Value Village (Camelback and 67th Ave) once a week to see if there's anything out there worth copping. Value Village usually has a lot of shit you DON'T want, but on occasion there's some true gems if you look.

On my last trip to Value Village, I copped a Dave Brubeck Quartet album, Yusef Lateef's "Club Date", Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66's first album and another one I forgot the title to. A doallr each. You can't go wrong there.

#3 Otomo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:07 AM

Phoenix got rekkids.

#4 beetjunkeeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

theres a place in tempe right on off mill ave called east side..... its ok... not a great place but does have hiphop along with old rock jazzz and soul....there is a zia records right next to it.....which is worse than east side....but u might dig it.... there is also a place in phoenix called trax in wax..... it is also ok but im not sure exactly where it is...u should google it..memory lane is definatly by far the best one....just a little pricey....on one vacation there i found a few rekerds i have never been able to find anywhere else... even internet....

#5 Dirk W

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

yo, thanks for the heads up on all them other spots. value village sounds like my kinda place. any word on jj's flea market or the indoor swapmart? my plan is to be thrifty, aside from memory lane. looking for old soul/r&b 45s in particular this time around but i'm down for whatever...

again, any other spots aside from wax? i'll be staying in scottsdale and i'ma need to carb up before the run so any tips on good pasta joints would definitely help out. restaurants, nightlife, sightseeing, etc...

thanks y'all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users