• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#31 ismerubahd

ismerubahd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Message Boards are meant for people like us to state our opinion in the safety of our desktops.

I shouldn't have said Strong Arm Steady sucks...it's just that in my opinion, Madlib could be working with higher caliber artists. The reason why Jaylib and Madvillian are so classic is because he worked with equally talented artists that can give his beats justice. Percee P, Guilty and SAS are all dope, but Madlib is on a higher level than they are.

#32 dcap

dcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

that beattape shit is wack anyway.....i received a illegal dilla beat cd...with the madlib chrome children track onit....its nice...but it sucks...i never wanna listen to beattapes anymore....only if i would become a rapper) but i wont
it messes to whole anticipation up....and i felt guilty...but i wasnt gonna turn it away either...why are fans doing shit like this anyway....

but to tell u is worse when ur rappers are doing it. takin away every beat u have...and not using one....only as soon as u start givin beats to others, they re like..."oh snap, that beat u made is cool, i never heard it!"...."well u got it on ur computer" hell no!!! Well it has nothing to do with the topic...but it sucks...fake ass people....

#33 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

Oh dear
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

what's oh dear about that? mengi bus is a sick tape.

#34 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

cant wait till this gets released...they even got the artwork coming soon...16 new madlib beats to listen too...cant wait to hear this new sas album...

#35 Cap-N-Crunch

Cap-N-Crunch

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

"CLACK CLACK!" and all that!!!

U can't be mad a this collab.. lets stop analyzing this shit sooo much and let the music speak for itself!! That track on the podcast bangs!!!

"STUH..STUH..STUH..STEADY!!!"

#36 cav23j

cav23j

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

"The Madlib/Strong Arm Steady collaboration album Stoney Jackson came together in a flurry of creative energy over recent months. Prompted by Madlibís stalwart DJ J.Rocc, who supplied SAS with 14 new Madlib beats CD, this albumís conception and delivery bear resemblance to the trajectory took by 2003ís Jaylib with J Dilla and 2004ís Madvillain with DOOM.

The SAS had previously rapped over Madlibís music on their mixtape/album Deep Hearted and on the Talib Kweli/Madlib album Liberation.

The Stoney Jackson album unfolds over sixteen tracks and is a brisk, exciting hip hop record. Krondon and Phil The Agony supply the majority of the vocals with the third SAS member Mitchy Slick; guest appearances include Talib Kweli, Guilty Simpson, Little Brotherís Phonte, Planet Asia and a host of underground Los Angelesís emerging rap talent.

Stoney Jackson represents Madlibís return to the hip-hop fold and sets the scene for the OJ Simpson collaboration heís finishing with Guilty Simpson."

http://stonesthrow.c...-stoney-jackson

#37 dilltastic

dilltastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:33 AM

Looking forward to this. SAS isn't really my cup of crack, but a whole album produced by madlib? damn. definitely giving it the benefit of the doubt.

For all you haters, hating on the album before you even heard it, if you do end up hating it, at least there will probably be an Instrumental release with 16 banging Madlib tracks....

#38 Feud For Thought

Feud For Thought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

Phonte over madlib.... CHUUUUUUUCH

#39 Vynal Duss

Vynal Duss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

Strong Arm Steady is DOPE!!! They are one of the few somewhat gangsta MC's that I'll F with. Krondon has been dope for hella long (Black Gold) , Phil da AG Been Dope, Mitchy Slick is dope, and even when Mr. X to tha Z was still down they was all dope 4 real. This should be a very dope release, I'm coppin, and pretty amped about this collabo, Cause we all know how dope Madlib is. But for the record, before this project a large portion of thier production was handled by DJ Khalil !!! Excuse me, but he is one of the dopest to ever do a beat on the west coast. So everyones stating thier opinion, just thought I drop my 2 cents to. But anyway, cant wait for the album :D

#40 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

this what im most excited about

#41 trenchmc

trenchmc

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Let's focus on the positives, Phonte is over Madlib, and lots of guests spots on the album, Talib? Also, Madlib is producing, come on.

#42 .SMALLNUMBERS.

.SMALLNUMBERS.

Mustached Assailant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:Anything design related.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

WORD. :D

#43 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

co sign on all the positives...when will they release this?? hopefully this month sometime...

#44 ItsAboutTIME

ItsAboutTIME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

i saw SAS perform sunday in Santa Monica and they KILLED IT!!
they played some Stoney Jackson joints and they sounded real niiiiiiice

all 3 are good lyricly but
Phil Da Ag is sooo underated...he has lyrics for daaaays

its like the perfect balance between that REALLY HARD (hate to say it) GANGSTA SHIT and being LYRICAL
all u guys giving negative shit, really listen to their music again...
and catch them LIVE if you can when they tour, their live show will make u a believer...

its a good look for Stones Throw to put this out...
looking forward to the album...
ill be copping for sure :blink:

#45 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

ya i hope they can release it sometime soon...im so anxious for it...i find myself coming back everyday to check the site for updates...cant wait for the digital release..

#46 monophonic

monophonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

damn flybugs chill out man, be patient!

#47 stationarynomad

stationarynomad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

I'm glad Madlib didn't waste heat on these clowns.

#48 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

hell yeah...loose girl is that shit i was fiending for...dope beat and mitchy slick hit this one too...hell yeah...stonesthrow release the tracklist artwork, already...i wanna see who the guest appearances are....i like both of the tracks so far...dope ish...cant wait to cop the album..theyll probably release it after their tour im guessing...

#49 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

i just barely read the stonesthrow newsletter...they said loose girl is not going to be on the album...so they gave us a bonus cut...thats tight..they also said a release date will be out soon...thats good to hear...im liking all the songs that they leaked so far..cant wait to hear the finished product...

#50 Dick Starbuck

Dick Starbuck

"High as Giraffe Pussy"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

I gonna lie, This might be the first Madlib jank that I might actually prefer the instrumenental. SAS aren't that terrible, they are listen-able, but they are doing nothing for these beats so far.

#51 infokill

infokill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

I gonna lie, This might be the first Madlib jank that I might actually prefer the instrumenental. SAS aren't that terrible, they are listen-able, but they are doing nothing for these beats so far.

#52 captaincookie

captaincookie

STMC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

I gonna lie.

B)

#53 Ironheart

Ironheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

I'm not feeling Strong Arm Steady on these beats at all.
I'll definitly be more hyped to hear the instrumentals then anything.

Much like the WLIB AM release, Minus a few tracks. I thought the majority of rappers came weak.

Doesn't bother me though.
Can't be expected to dig everything madlib puts out.

#54 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

im feeling strong arm steady...been a fan since day one...but i do want the instrumentals for this album..i like bumping madlib instrumentals...

#55 Classic Material

Classic Material

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

now that stoney jackson has a release date. is there a release date for oj simpson ?????

#56 mau

mau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

Just posted this in the wrong topic haha...
Here's a tracklist:

1. Best Of Times
2. Bark Like A Dog
3. Cheeba Cheeba
4. Get Started
5. Dollar Right
6. New Love
7. Smile
8. Soul 4 Real
9. 2 Pistols
10. The Ambassadors
11. Chitlins and Pepsi
12. Pressure
13. True Champs
14. Needle In A Haystack

#57 jayden221

jayden221

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:interested in seeing stonesthrow artists make it to cleveland, or back to Oberlin...that's it for now.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

does cav23j mean you are a Cavs fan, especially of lebron, #23?...always good to see stonesthrow fans awho are cavs fans as well, if not, then I too can't wait for this album to drop...

#58 cav23j

cav23j

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

does cav23j mean you are a Cavs fan, especially of lebron, #23?...always good to see stonesthrow fans awho are cavs fans as well, if not, then I too can't wait for this album to drop...

yep im a cavs and lebron fan

#59 cav23j

cav23j

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

Release Date is November 6th

Krondon from Strong Arm Steady confirmed it himself

"Itís supposed to come out November 6, we are just trying to finalize the artwork. Stones Throw is known for doing really eclectic covers. Their covers are like art pieces in themselves. But itís slated for November 6th, thatís why we are leaking records. We got some video blogs coming out online over the next month or so. We just started our tour with Souls of Mischief [click to read] and Deep Rooted last night. We are going to be doing songs from the Madlib record on that tour. It will be out sooner rather than later, Iíll tell you that."

http://www.hiphopdx....dy-best-western

#60 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

thanks cav for posting that information. cant wait to hear the album.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users