• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

for example.... what if the 3 album deal was...ummm.... a Rhythm Traxx LP, a new producer album, and an EP maybe??duude...what if it was him rapping over Edan and Madlib beats??..!!!daaammnn!!! on some throwback shit!!!! Prince Paul rocking the Mic over 4 madlib joints and 4 Edan joints!!!! ????!!! WHAaT?!!!! GOT TO HEAR THAT SHIT man!!!! .. 3 new records .

Then, sign Edan to the same 3 album deal.. rhythm traxx, new LP, and an EP of whatever.

just my opinion, but this could really be a good artistic and business move for all parties involved. Including THE FANS.

(damn---the kid coulda been a consultant and shit.)

we're all getting older and this hiphop shit is on it's lway out. when you get older, your tastes change.
but i'd buy THESE records. and they'd probably be some of the last rap-related music purchases i ever make. unless andre 3000 or outkast drops a new one.

i rarely come thru the message boards,myspaces,etc any more. but is anybody really listening anyway?

• Dirty Cyclist likes this

#2 judono?

judono?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

prince paul at the redbull academy. tight, real, and entertaining video.

http://www.redbullmu...ince_of_thieves

#3 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

for example.... what if the 3 album deal was...ummm.... a Rhythm Traxx LP, a new producer album, and an EP maybe??duude...what if it was him rapping over Edan and Madlib beats??..!!!daaammnn!!! on some throwback shit!!!! Prince Paul rocking the Mic over 4 madlib joints and 4 Edan joints!!!! ????!!! WHAaT?!!!! GOT TO HEAR THAT SHIT man!!!! .. 3 new records .

Then, sign Edan to the same 3 album deal.. rhythm traxx, new LP, and an EP of whatever.

just my opinion, but this could really be a good artistic and business move for all parties involved. Including THE FANS.

(damn---the kid coulda been a consultant and shit.)

we're all getting older and this hiphop shit is on it's lway out. when you get older, your tastes change.
but i'd buy THESE records. and they'd probably be some of the last rap-related music purchases i ever make. unless andre 3000 or outkast drops a new one.

i rarely come thru the message boards,myspaces,etc any more. but is anybody really listening anyway?

too many redbulls?

#4 Charlie

Charlie

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

are you getting prince po and prince paul confused?

#5 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

With all the stuff Prince Paul does with ST why on earth have they not linked up to put something out? Its been almost a decade since Paul's blessed us with an LP and you already know a Prince Paul X ST release will sell about 1,000 times better than most of the releases they've put out since Otis abandoned ship. Somebody make this happen!!!!
  • mangoes cash and Dirty Cyclist like this

#6 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

for real. Negroes on Ice was...fun and all, I appreciate the father-son bonding time, but we NEED another Prince Paul solo! ST would be a great home for it. Despite the knee-jerk annoyance to the thread, I've gotta agree with OP! Get both Edan and Chest Rockwell up on this label, motivate those dudes back into action! And I agree with Sunny too! PBW's scheme of constantly discovering new people does not seem to be working THAT brilliantly (I still want another Anika LP, Jonwayne, Boardwalk was pretty good) at least in terms of money-making, and it would be an interesting and eye-catching move for ST to drop an album from a seasoned dude like PP looking for a safe place to have fun and get creative with a new LP. I doubt there are many people on the boards or in the streets who wouldn't want to hear a new Prince Paul or a new Edan LP come out on ST.

#7 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Prince Paul?!?! More like King Paul! Do it.

• Fake Krills and Dirty Cyclist like this

#8 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

I miss Prince Paul... whoops I mean King Paul.

#9 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

I have him on my facebook feed. And I met him once. Now I cry.

Haha. No for realz. PP is litterally one of the producers that got me into hipHop. First track I heard of his was the track with de la soul on Queen Latiifahs.. mama Gave a birth to the soul children. After that... The list goes on. Needless to say, he is the man. Lengedary status. Would like to hear some shit, but he needs to learn to chop and get funky. He traditionally deals with just loops. Sooo... Kinda outdated. Hopefully, we can hear some ish regardless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users