• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

its a 1 minute rap and then the beat is looped another 3 more minutes

Just like I said, simple(ly) beautiful.

Sometimes its okay to let the loop ride and vibe the fuck out not everything needs to be a magnum opus. And if a rapper can pack that much emotion in one 16 then I'm not even going to try to front.

#32 PuertoNico

PuertoNico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Just like I said, simple(ly) beautiful.

Sometimes its okay to let the loop ride and vibe the fuck out not everything needs to be a magnum opus. And if a rapper can pack that much emotion in one 16 then I'm not even going to try to front.

aight, good points. thats actually one of the big reasons i liked act 1 as much as i did.
dear moleskin is a beat you can absolutely listen to without any raps. the only thing i didn't really like was this part when it started all over again, with that break (around 2:40). that shouldn't have been in there, just at the beginning.
btw there was this version the song faded from that 1min something-snippet into a live-version, i think i like that even more than the complete studio-version.

#33 yasharwan

yasharwan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

damn its taking this dude too long to get inducted into the illuminati (boule), i was pumped about him at one point!

one of his family members will soon pass

then he will become a star

no pun intended

#34 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yep ... that's usually how it happens.

#35 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

This song is ridiculously underwhelming. First of all, we've heard part of it since '09, and Jay Electronica didn't even add on to it very much. (Plus, Just Blaze seems to be doing his best Madlib impression here, haha) You can't disappear for a couple of years just to release a song that isn't even new.

He's a good rapper, I'll give him that, but jesus man, you're not the second coming of Nasir Jones, so hop off yourself.

I blame Badu.

#36 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I blame Badu.

she's the good rapper turned shit/creativly up their own arse scapegoat

i saw something on twitter were someone tweetd just blaze about jay electronica he was on some roll eyes zzzz shit

i think in general he is grating on people, yes you have released some heat but follow it up with an album prove yourself stop making shit songs with mobb deep and titting around in london
  • mangoes cash and LAMEDUCKSHOMIE like this

#37 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Exactly. Thank you.

#38 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

oh not to mention his tweets about the riots across the uk last year, he got so much shit from people for that on some "imma go into the streets to talk to people" oh sorry i didnt know you were the new jesus!

#39 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/shadeprint

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

When artists do this kinda shit, I stop paying full attention & searching/looking out for any new news. I've grown very used to the "fall from hype" & I wasn't surprised he didn't change the landscape of Hip-Hop in any large/positive way.

#40 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, it's not like he's the only guy out there rapping. Especially now, with the average attention span of a rap fan being about 1/3 of a DatPiff mixtape, rappers have to come through and deliver before they fall off. People will move on and forget about you.

#41 yasharwan

yasharwan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, it's not like he's the only guy out there rapping. Especially now, with the average attention span of a rap fan being about 1/3 of a DatPiff mixtape, rappers have to come through and deliver before they fall off. People will move on and forget about you.

#42 PuertoNico

PuertoNico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

datpiff ? ha. i always wondered whats up with that site. no matter how good the artist, those mixtapes and especially cover-arts are always horrible...
ya'll makin some good points about that electronica guy. after listening to some of his material again i noticed, once again, he has a really good ear for (atmospheric) beats (hello mr. jones). i think appreciating and not having any expectations is the route to go.

#43 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

He's a good rapper, I'll give him that, but jesus man, you're not the second coming of Nasir Jones, so hop off yourself.

I would argue against that. His work stretches beyond the structure of music - similar to what Nas was able to capture through Illmatic. Sure, Jay Electronica is only credited with a handful of official songs http://www.discogs.c...Jay Electronica but he has around 40 tracks scattered throughout the internet - its just a matter of us taking the time to search for them. I remember someone asking him in an interview why he's taking so long to put an album out and he responded by saying that he's reached this level of success while working at his own pace, so why succumb to the pressures of the music industry and mindless fans who seem to prefer quantity over actual quality.

If we are willing to call ourselves fans of this man's work, then we must respect his space and mind for creativity. He is a brilliant writer. Instead of asking for more, why don't we take more time to decipher what we already have of his. Jay Electronica is a laureate of both metaphor and symbolism.

#44 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Sure, Jay Electronica is only credited with a handful of official songs http://www.discogs.c...Jay+Electronica but he has around 40 tracks scattered throughout the internet - its just a matter of us taking the time to search for them.

why should we have to do that just to appreciate his work? nas put out an album and BOOM! it was dope, the stuff he does have out ranges from really good to below average, why not concentrate on putting just one project out, anyway time will tell he says the album has been sent to the label if it comes out and is the classic he says then we'l be eating our own words

#45 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

why should we have to do that just to appreciate his work? nas put out an album and BOOM! it was dope, the stuff he does have out ranges from really good to below average, why not concentrate on putting just one project out, anyway time will tell he says the album has been sent to the label if it comes out and is the classic he says then we'l be eating our own words

You don't have to do anything. I don't know if you're a Dilla fan, but the situations are very similar in essence. Jay Dee has X amount of 'official' material out - - he also has an abundance of 'bootleg,' 'unreleased,' and 'unofficial' vocal features and productions scattered throughout the cosmos, mainly on the internet. I own a bunch of Jay Dee's 'official' releases, but that hasn't stopped me from willingly digging for his other work - - I do this because I love and can't get enough of his music. The same idea would apply to Jay Electronica. If you're a fan of his music, then you know he's made a lot more music than what has been released offically. If you favor his sound and messages enough, you wouldn't find anything wrong with going a bit out of your way to access his music.

I'd rather Jay Electronica's discography consist of two or three Illmatic's, than one Illmatic, one It was Written, one I am..., one Nastradamus, and so forth...

#46 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

So did jay start banging that bitch to be one step closer to the head of the Illuminati?

Like seriously, is jay gonna have an office in a mountain, a metal hand, evil cat and a trap door to a shark tank??
It could happen yo.

#47 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image

#48 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Like seriously, is jay gonna have an office in a mountain, a metal hand, evil cat and a trap door to a shark tank??
It could happen yo.

Posted Image

#49 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/shadeprint

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

It's looking more & more like he's another example of a rapper from the "Hustler Generation", he's proving to be further & further from the image he portray' s in his art.....fuck all that shit I just said, I'm just butthurt he ain't putting anything out...

#50 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm sure most of you on this board have encountered this track before. I'm posting it for the few who haven't and dont quite grasp how amazing of an artist Jay Electronica is. I've been a student of the Hip-Hop culture for much of my adult life and have been truly enamored with only a select few artists - - Jay Electronica is amongst them.

Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge) speaks for itself. Enjoy

#51 LAMEDUCKSHOMIE

LAMEDUCKSHOMIE

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC .
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/totallychamploo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

Yes Jay Electronica is a great artist but he's just lazy. We've been waiting on this album for almost 3 years. We got one leak and a tracklist but no album.

#52 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Why should he sweat it. I mean he is banging broads with doe. They pay for everything. He is Douche Gigalo.
  • LAMEDUCKSHOMIE likes this

#53 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm sure most of you on this board have encountered this track before. I'm posting it for the few who haven't and dont quite grasp how amazing of an artist Jay Electronica is. I've been a student of the Hip-Hop culture for much of my adult life and have been truly enamored with only a select few artists - - Jay Electronica is amongst them.

Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge) speaks for itself. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1tlyGcAHbU

a 7 minute intro???? Not good enough for it.

#54 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

I've kind of stayed away from all his previous work because P.E. taught me when I was younger, 'Don't believe the hype.'

#55 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yes Jay Electronica is a great artist but he's just lazy. We've been waiting on this album for almost 3 years. We got one leak and a tracklist but no album.

I'm curious to know who are some of the artists you like?

a 7 minute intro???? Not good enough for it.

Please elaborate...

#56 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Read the thread . ^^^

#57 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

This track's been out, just thought i'd share it with you...
  • mangoes cash likes this

#58 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

thats heat.

#59 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

JFK was an awesome speaker

#60 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5gwB5N6Oi0

JKF was an awesome speaker

Hahaha, J K F...typo, I'm sure. But seriously...that ish' is old. When is dude gonna put something out already?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users