• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ntw1212

ntw1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

Honestly.. is it just me or is everybody blind to the fact that the korg electribe is one of the dopest drum machines you can buy for that price range? Im sorry if i offend any body who is a 303 fanatic (madlib)... but it out compares the 303 in so many ways, and the es-1 mk2 is the same price!!!! the esx-1 is doper than the es-1 ( it is the higher end model, but still relatively inexpensive {compared to the mpc!!}) but i was using the es-1 for about a year before i upgraded to the esx-1, and made some fresh motherfuckin beats!!! I want feed back from others who use the electribe... does any body feel the same way as me?

#2 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

Honestly.. is it just me or is everybody blind to the fact that the korg electribe is one of the dopest drum machines you can buy for that price range? Im sorry if i offend any body who is a 303 fanatic (madlib)... but it out compares the 303 in so many ways, and the es-1 mk2 is the same price!!!! the esx-1 is doper than the es-1 ( it is the higher end model, but still relatively inexpensive {compared to the mpc!!}) but i was using the es-1 for about a year before i upgraded to the esx-1, and made some fresh motherfuckin beats!!! I want feed back from others who use the electribe... does any body feel the same way as me?

Wow, I just googled it (because I'd never heard of it) and it seems pretty dope. One was only $200 but the other was over $400. I didn't read into what made one better or more expensive than the other but it does seem to have a lot of features that the 303 don't have. I'm very happy with my 303, but I would have considered this korg electribe, had I known about it. However, it seems like you can't change the sample rate, to make it lo-fi sounding, or am I wrong?

Thanks for the heads up.

#3 Vynal Duss

Vynal Duss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

Both units can get the job done, the better you know your gear the better the end results. As far as personal prefresence we all have our favorites and each unit is dope in their own right. And that goes for software or hardware, peace.

#4 ntw1212

ntw1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

However, it seems like you can't change the sample rate, to make it lo-fi sounding, or am I wrong?

very wrong indeed! you see with the electribe, you dont directly change the sample rate, what you do is apply the decimator or distortion effects and voila!! instant shittiness... Another thing i forgot to mention is that the electribe has alot more memory than the sp303

#5 staychisel

staychisel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

ntw1212, thanks for the heads up...i really didn't want to spend $400 on the sp 404, and now i'm pretty sure i'm getting this. a question though, did it come w/ any software and/or can you load samples into it from your computer?

#6 Jpeg

Jpeg

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:30 AM

I got the ESX dope machine its the best machine ive seen for manipulating samples, in general peeps just buy what they here other peeps talk about so when madlib talked about the 303 everyone started buying, but there was always better more user friendly machines out.

I had the 505 before i heard about madlib having the 303, i found the machine cos i researched what was out, the workflow on the 303 is not a good look, the esx is dope and has helped me progress my beats.

#7 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

fuck your electribe get a mpc.

#8 JSRockit

JSRockit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

If the ESX-1 had a CF Card slot...I'd be into it. I'm hoping they release a new one at NAMM.

#9 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

what kinda effects does it come with? one of the strongest sides about the 303 is the effects.

#10 JSRockit

JSRockit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

what kinda effects does it come with? one of the strongest sides about the 303 is the effects.

http://www.soundonso...es/korgesx1.htm

#11 Jpeg

Jpeg

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

the its got all the main fx but the quality is alot more usable the 303/505 fx r proper boxy and cheap sounding, the bad thing about the esx is the outputs seem alot more noisey then they should.

#12 Jpeg

Jpeg

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:48 AM

i got a couple of korg esx beats on myspace for anyone interested: www.myspace.com/jpegbeats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users