Beat Battles RULES/FAQ - PLEASE READ FIRSTHelp!
Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:20 PM
Anyone can participate.
Each Saturday a sample is posted in the Beat Battles forum for beat makers to work with any way they choose. Beats are posted on a Soundcloud group by Wednesday. Voting takes place on the board Thursday. The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle. The Beat Battles are run entirely by users of the Stones Throw Message Board.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Download the sample from the latest thread on the Beat Battles forum
• Join/Submit entry to the Beat Battles Soundcloud Group
• Post your beat by Wednesday, 12:00AM Pacific time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum Thursday, 12:00AM Pacific time, and ends on Friday, 12:00AM Pacific time.
• Winner posts next week's new Sample & Rules on Saturday by Noon, 12:00PM Pacific time.
The winner of the previous week's battle sets the rules. Here are the default rules:
• One beat per person
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want
• Outside drums and bass are allowed
• No outside keys/synth unless stated
• No A Cappellas
• Vocal samples/skits are allowed
• Cuts/scratches are permitted
• Don't post external links unless they are in the comments section of your own beats
• Only post beats for the battle to the Soundcloud group - others will be deleted
Voting takes place in a separate thread for each Beat Battle on the Beat Battles forum. Keep it fair. Asking your friends/family to vote for you is not how you win. If you have entered the battles before you can vote or if you have a post count of 5+
• Votes must be in by Friday, 12:00AM Pacific Time.
• Don't vote for yourself
• Make your votes easy to read - using BOLD, BIG FONTS and HIGHLIGHTS is recommended
If you need it: Time Zone Converter
Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:49 AM
I think we must change the vote process to be fair as possible. So, I propose that the moderator of the group will keep the tracks 'pending approval' until voting day, at which point all beats go live to the group page simultaneously.
This way, voting cannot be skewed by friends, nepotism etc.
I think it's better. Tell me what you think.
Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 AM
Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:04 AM
you don't have to use the dropbox, necessarily. just upload the track to your soundcloud, join the group
(http://soundcloud.co.../beat-battles-1) and share your track to the group.
Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:18 PM
Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:30 PM
Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM
[ soundcloud ] URL OF TRACK [ / soundcloud ]
additionally, there is a button in the POST window called "Special BBCode" which helps enable Soundcloud and other kinds of links.
Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:10 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users