10 replies to this topic

#1 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

On that last 20 something minute track. Does it really have like 22 minutes of pure silence or did I just get a toatlly jacked up cd from the rec store? shits had me wondering for THE longest.....

#2 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:03 AM

On that last 20 something minute track. Does it really have like 22 minutes of pure silence or did I just get a toatlly jacked up cd from the rec store? shits had me wondering for THE longest.....

ive got it on lp but theres no silence or anything like that on there - sounds a bit suspect!! amazing album though, im still not tired of it 4 years on...

#3 NineSSix

NineSSix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:13 AM

I thinkin' it was done intentionally, an instrumental comes in at what like 22:30 or sumthing like that? Then on his new album (Act Your Waist Size) he does the same thing, I think there's talkin' on there.

#4 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:53 AM

I thinkin' it was done intentionally, an instrumental comes in at what like 22:30 or sumthing like that? Then on his new album (Act Your Waist Size) he does the same thing, I think there's talkin' on there.

EXACTLY....good good I thought I got a messed up copy of the cd and on a side note I think on NERD's fly or die on a couple of the tracks on it had those wierd ass long moments of silence to.

#5 Guest_eetz_*

Guest_eetz_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:34 PM

I used to love when a cd had a "hidden track", people aren't doing that much anymore. It always seemed like a bonus, you get that extra song that you didn't expect.

#6 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:28 PM

I used to love when a cd had a "hidden track", people aren't doing that much anymore. It always seemed like a bonus, you get that extra song that you didn't expect.

lol excuse my ignorance but THATS what a hidden track is? A song buried amongst minutes of silence? I always wondered that

#7 Mazz

Mazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

Yeah hidden tracks don't exactly function in the mp3 age, I was thrown by the silence on the new AG before realising Who Dat was supposed to be hidden. Count Bass's 20 minutes of silence I found even more confusing, so yeah, you're not alone.

#8 Urbaniak

Urbaniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

Kid Captain coolout from Mass Influence that used to post here a while back is on one of the new album tracks? Always getting drunk and smoking blunts?

#9 NineSSix

NineSSix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:24 PM

Then on his new album (Act Your Waist Size) he does the same thing, I think there's talkin' on there.

Nevermind, ain't nothin on that (after reviewin' it). My mistake :(

#10 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

mf dooms vaudville villan has the same thing - the last song "change the beat" has about 3 1/2 minutes of rain and thunder before the song starts..

#11 Afro Harping

Afro Harping

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:16 PM

mf dooms vaudville villan has the same thing - the last song "change the beat" has about 3 1/2 minutes of rain and thunder before the song starts..

It's only a hidden track if there's silence before it, and it's typically much longer than 3 1/2 minutes. I'm pretty sure that's just how that song begins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users