#1 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

Does it suck???!!!!

anybody know about this because I was just reding a thread where the guy said type "sucks" into whatever it is you are reviewing on the internet and you will find out if peopl ereally liked the device or not. SO I tried it "mac powerbook Pro Sucks"... I got a lot of "sucks" back. From noise to hinges, to other stuff.

basically I just purchased one and i have to pick it up tommorrow. Anybody have any insight on this? Please be honest

thanks
ren

#2 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:54 PM

as far as noise and hinges go thats an issue with alot of laptops so i wouldnt worry to much about it i have heard nothing but good things about the powerbook pro

#3 cr0n

cr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:drugs, bass guitar, funk, jazz, hip hop

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

apple computers are the best. im on a powerbook right now and i love this thing to death. get extra RAM and thats it.

if theres anything wrong with it apple'll take care of it for you. they're really good about that, esp. if you have a warranty

#4 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

thanks guys I really appreciate it.

apple computers are the best. im on a powerbook right now and i love this thing to death. get extra RAM and thats it.
if theres anything wrong with it apple'll take care of it for you. they're really good about that, esp. if you have a warranty

but you said you were on a powerbook. if anything if I did switch I think I would go down to that. because I only need it for school photoshop and illustrator ( a music program and video editing would be nice but not nessacary)
My only concern is when I tried the "macbook pro sucks" thing i got a ton of "sucks" I tried the powerbook and got nothing.

How is the powerbook for video and sound, more hi end stuff? what your opinion on how much longer the power book will be legit for?

#5 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

powerbooks have been around for a while = reliable.

macbook pros are the new shhh . = most people who cant afford one will say they are unreliable and have all sorts of bugs etc...

its the fastest most powerful mac laptop you can get, but if you only use Adobe software, it probably isnt worth it.

#6 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

I hearz yah,
yah Im thinking I kinda rushed into buying one, I just got all excited at the store and wsa like okay! gimmegimmegime!

but Ive been thinking about it and I think that if I got the G4 (you say they will be legit for a coulple of years at least?) then with teh left overmoney i could get a nice digi camera and maybe some music software which would be uber cool.

hmmm, thask guys for all you insight, anymore thoughts are more than welcome.
easy
ren

#7 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:32 PM

It's all about the MacBook. Here's mine running Windows. Why would I taint my beutiful machine with such an ass backward operating system you ask? Because on a Mac I can. Unless you're a good hacker, you can't run OS X on a PC. Really the only reason I have windows is for Grand Theft Auto and Turbo Lister.

Posted Image

#8 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

so did you just get it essentially for the graphics?

#9 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:55 PM

so did you just get it essentially for the graphics?

Me? No. I got it to run Serato Scratch. The graphics are pretty good but get the Pro for better graphics. I'ts a dual boot so I usually run OS X on it. When I get the urge to kill some cops I switch it to the Windows side. :)

Another cool thing about the new MacBooks is the track pad. drag 2 fingers down and it scrolls. 2 finger clicks is a right click.

#10 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:45 AM

nice.

Im seeing about returning it tho and getting a used powerbook, its just alittle much for me and what I currently want to use it for, plus with the left over money I could buy an amazing digi camera.

#11 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:14 AM

i have macbook 1,8gz with 2G ram and its dope, so i guess powerbook would be even doper...
this is my first mac and i have to say i love it, i aint going back to crappy pcs

#12 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:22 AM

yah you got it reversed holmes,
despite the name the Powerbookj is older and thus less "power"-ful then the macbook.

Im doing just adobe on it and may get into video and music (if it can handle it and I can handle buying the software) but since Im just a student I dont need a super duper machine yet, plus likeI say with the lefrt over change I can get a super duper digi cam

suh-weeeet!

#13 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:33 AM

load photoshop and ther programs via torrents so you dont have to pay for em :P

#14 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:42 AM

load photoshop and ther programs via torrents so you dont have to pay for em :P

That Only Works For Educational Purposes...
You Can't Sell anything You Make With a Stolen Program.

Macs Ain't all Their Cracked Up to Be
I Use Macs All the Time and I Think They Are Pretty Lame If You Ask Me

I Run XP For Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Auto Desk, Stdio Max, Etc. Etc.
Also Boot The New Linux

I Checked Out the New Vista And It's Pretty Smooth
Lot Of Cool Shit
AMD Processors Are Where It's at
And ATI Graphics

No Need For a Mac
Fight the Movement

#15 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:44 AM

Im having trouble searching on torrents can you give me a link?
Or i just google torrents rigfht?

I did but nothings realy coming up once i search on torrents.

but the dilly yo? it seems kinda sketchy to get cracked copies. whats your take?

#16 matotou

matotou

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:11 AM

macbook pro is just like ferrari of the computers

torrents: www.demonoid.com

#17 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:04 AM

macbook pro is just like ferrari of the computers

torrents: www.demonoid.com

No
No It Isn't

It Is Like the Nissan Sentra.
With Flow Master Exhaust

Im having trouble searching on torrents can you give me a link?
Or i just google torrents rigfht?

I did but nothings realy coming up once i search on torrents.

but the dilly yo? it seems kinda sketchy to get cracked copies. whats your take?

You Know How to Download Torrents?
You Have a Client? UTorrent Is Good Or BitTorrent...

Then You Have a Whole Bunch of Torrent Sites With the Torrent Files For Download...
Use Torrentscan.com You Can Search Most of The Major Sites Through That Site. There are Also A Lot Of Invitation Only Torrent Forums If You Are Really Serious About Sharing Music

Cracked Copies Are All Right As Long As You Only Use It For Education or Personal Use
Just don't Publish Anything You Make With a Stolen Program
You'll Make a Million dollars and Those Mother Fuckers At Adobe Would Fnd Out And Take It All
And Then Charge You 700 Dolars For Photoshop

#18 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

you win the lottery Ren? Daam! Power macs, digi cams...christmas came early for someone.

#19 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

no i just robbed a bnak.

:unsure:

no really Ive been saving and Im going back to school in january for graphic design and advertizing and i was getting a deal on it so Im defn considering it but i may take a model down or two in which case with the extra cash i get the digi cam

#20 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

no i just robbed a bnak.

:unsure:
no really Ive been saving and Im going back to school in january for graphic design and advertizing and i was getting a deal on it so Im defn considering it but i may take a model down or two in which case with the extra cash i get the digi cam

Please Don't Get Mac Dude...

I Am Also In the Commercial Arts/ Graphic Design Industry And I Am So Sick And Tired of Nerd Fucks Bragging About Their Macs. Acting Like They Are The Shit. Fuck a Mac.
Plus If You Want to Use any AutoDesk Programs Which I Am Sure You Will
Well With Your Mac Your Shit Out of Luck

Plus Macs Have to Be the Ugliest Computers Produced Since the Commodore

Posted Image

#21 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

i had the orange laptop that first came out around 1999... not powerfull

i then went for a powerbook with repectable power... It broke down like a bad case of the flu...

The power board burnt out, and the cd drive started scratching any dvd/cd you would slip into the unit.. This laptop stayed planted on my desk for 95% of its life. i never dropped it, or any other blunders.

did i mention i used a laptop podium placed a 30 degree angle. This only helped a little to let heat dissapate from the laptop. after 4 hours of use i could have cooked an egg on it!!! My laptop had vents on the side.. The engineers were aware of the heat issue. The new probook LACKS vents. Did the engineers intentionally do this to keep your home warm during winter :( or was it just for asthetics???

i have been using mac since 1987 and im a hater on their laptops.. i loved the the fact that it's portable and has a small footprint. BUT a 2000.00 something computer after 2 years of use should not have this many problems.

i moved on to an imac fully loaded 20".. super fast and it does not "melt" after 4 hours of use.

Untill ALL (windows and mac) laptops are fully redisigned.. i'm running away from them. When they make a liquid cooled laptop, WITH VENTS - i'll break the wallet open.

You can't stuff 20 pounds of shit into a 10 pound bag and not encounter any problems.

#22 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

i had the orange laptop that first came out around 1999... not powerfull

i then went for a powerbook with repectable power... It broke down like a bad case of the flu...

The power board burnt out, and the cd drive started scratching any dvd/cd you would slip into the unit.. This laptop stayed planted on my desk for 95% of its life. i never dropped it, or any other blunders.

did i mention i used a laptop podium placed a 30 degree angle. This only helped a little to let heat dissapate from the laptop. after 4 hours of use i could have cooked an egg on it!!! My laptop had vents on the side.. The engineers were aware of the heat issue. The new probook LACKS vents. Did the engineers intentionally do this to keep your home warm during winter :( or was it just for asthetics???

i have been using mac since 1987 and im a hater on their laptops.. i loved the the fact that it's portable and has a small footprint. BUT a 2000.00 something computer after 2 years of use should not have this many problems.

i moved on to an imac fully loaded 20".. super fast and it does not "melt" after 4 hours of use.

Untill ALL (windows and mac) laptops are fully redisigned.. i'm running away from them. When they make a liquid cooled laptop, WITH VENTS - i'll break the wallet open.

You can't stuff 20 pounds of shit into a 10 pound bag and not encounter any problems.

Yeah The I Macs Are Pretty Illy.
We Just Got a Slew Of the 24 Inchers In At School
A Couple of the Mac Pros Too

3 gig Processor
What?
One of the Fastest Machines I Have Ever Used
And Room For Up to 3TB Internal at 3gig a Second
They Are Illy Fo Sho

#23 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members