#1 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:20 PM

So there's a record store that's having a going out of business sale now. I've stopped in a few times but I never really saw any deals ... until today !!! All Hip-Hop and Rap CD's were $1.50 or less !!! Now I don't know how long they'd been doing this because it was real picked over but I still found some gems. Plus, I even picked up a few CD's that I already owned to give to friends. Why not right ??? They're not all Hip-Hop but there were deals all over the place !!!

I got:

Tre Hardson - Slim Kid Tre's Cafe (a gamble, I know) .............................. $1.50
Rob Swift - Under the Influence .............................................................. $0.99
Bebel Gilberto - Self Titled ..................................................................... $2.00
Dudley Perkins - Expressions (already have it but a great gift idea) ........... $1.50
Pras Michel - Win Lose or Draw .............................................................. $1.50
Soul Position - Things Go Better With RJ and Al ........................................ $1.50
Spank Rock - YoYoYoYo ......................................................................... $1.50
Shock G - Fear of a Mixed Planet (have it but I'll give it away) ................... $0.99
The dZiHAN & Kamien Orchestra - Live in Vienna ...................................... $2.00
Mr. Anonymous - Some Strange Mix of Raggae, Danchall, etc. ................... $0.88
King Britt Presents Sylk 130 Re-Members Only ......................................... $2.00
Roc C - All Questions Answered (which I was about to pay full price for) ..... $1.50
Dabrye - Two/Three ............................................................................... $6.40

Total with Tax ................................................................................
........ $25.47

13 new CD's for 26 bucks ??? Oh yeah !!! Great Monday !!!

#2 Snit

Snit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:lampin

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

i'm on that too.. used cd bins are full of butter . . tomato / tomato

nice "come up's"

peace

#3 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:49 PM

i'm on that too.. used cd bins are full of butter . . tomato / tomato

nice "come up's"

peace

no doubt, but damn sanka those are some deals!!

good picks too.

#4 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

used cd bins are full of butter

Indeed, but these are NEW. I'm still unwrapping plastic ...

#5 Ambient

Ambient

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:56 AM

Roc C - All Questions Answered (which I was about to pay full price for)

really?

#6 evolelor

evolelor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:30 PM

Record shops closing... Am I the only one sad about this?

I can hear the employees there now: Wow, now that we're closing down we're seeing more folks pop into this place than ever before.

Screw the convenience of buying from the net and support your local record shops.

#7 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

really?

Really.

I too am sad about the closing of record shops. I remember when a trip to the record store was the highlight of my week and now it's getting harder and harder to even FIND a decent store to go to. I went back today and got two more CD's today ... I really need to stop.

It was funny to see other people in the store with me, picking up brand new .88 and .99 cent full-length CD's, looking at them, and then putting them down. Are you serious ??? That's how much you pay for ONE SONG on iTunes, and you don't want to try out a whole album for the same price ??? Take some chances folks !!!

#8 quannumthrow

quannumthrow

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:57 AM

Speaking of record stores closing, Tower Records is closing up shop also. I don't know about you guys but I used to love that place. Never found any other record shops with so much. It was a tad on the expensive side, but I could spend hours flipping through. Even worked there a couple of summers. I still buy CD's. I've got like 85 gigs of music on my computer but have yet to order anything through Itunes. I would always take a record shop over buying music through Itunes. Or for just a couple of trax, I would dl them somewhere.

#9 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:28 AM

Speaking of record stores closing, Tower Records is closing up shop also. I don't know about you guys but I used to love that place. Never found any other record shops with so much. It was a tad on the expensive side, but I could spend hours flipping through. somewhere.

Our Tower here in Toronto closed a few years ago and wasn't open too long either. But it's true, it was the best store for music. They had everything and then some. When it was closing down me and my buddy went crazy. We were there every other day. They were practically giving away stuff. All the Japanese imports were dirt cheap as was everything else. Miss that place. As for Tower in Japan, it's huge. Biggest retal music store there, don't understand why they can't make it in North America. Maybe too much competition?

#10 JJ

JJ

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:29 PM

Anyone else live near a Tower? They're open 5 more days.

Check it: Stones Throw's Kick Em While Theyre Down Sale

Posted Image

#11 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

There Isn;t Even A Store In Flrida...

Ima Send Them Some Cool Shit And See If I Can Bribe Them Into Sending Me One of Those Tour Posters...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users