• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evolelor

evolelor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

These days the dominant number of Rap/R&B fans are clearly only interested in music that'll make them dance and their stereo sub-woof [and there's zero wrong with that]. So do you know of any under the radar R/R&B albums or songs released this year that might have sat well between the productions of Skateboard P and Timbaland? [two producers I have absolutely zero problem with]

And is "Backpacker Rap" too mellow?

#2 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:48 PM

steve spacek - space shift

clara hill - all i can provide

dj spinna - intergalactic soul

#3 cr0n

cr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:drugs, bass guitar, funk, jazz, hip hop

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

when it comes to stuff like that you should check the hyphy music... nothing gets a party bumping like these:

e-40
keak da sneak - tell me when to go
mac dre - thizz dance / boss tycoon

i don't like hyphy music that much so i can't give you that great of a list, but those 3 are the ones i've noticed make the kids go "ahhhhh yeah"

#4 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:15 AM

I DJ'd a company christmas party for some side cash and I put on some Gnarls Barkley (Smiley Faces, The Last Time) and all these 40 and 50 year olds were dancing like crazy to it. Then they were all asking me who it was. It was cool cuz I mixed it in with all this old 70's shit like Cymande, Kool & the gang and it fit perfectly with all that.

#5 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:36 AM

Well I'd suggest you check out Mark de Clive-Lowe. His stuff is far superior to a Timbaland or Pharrell, imo, but you may like it. It wasn't released this year but his 'Tide's Arising' lp is great. Came out last year.

Amp Fiddler is another you may want to check, 'Waltz Of A Ghetto Fly' was his first which is a couple years old and his new release is 'Afro Strut'. I like the first better but theyare both good albums. He taught Dilla alot of production techniques back in the day. Detroit cat. And speaking of Detroit, check Dwele's stuff too.

That Steve Spacek is a good suggestion.

#6 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

dwele's best work was "rize" after that..... <_< :lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users