15 replies to this topic

#1 bnick

bnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:15 AM

I put a handy pair of ears to the test... and we have churned out the entire tracklisting for the Turkish Funk Mix

is it cool to post it or are we supposed to keep it a secret? I was considering posting just the track titles...

I must say, there was a lot of laughing involved when the "trick" was revealed B) And also I don't know if anyone at Stones Throw speaks turkish but there's some hilarious lyrics on there too! Pillow talk...

respect Egon and crew - definitely one of my favourite mixes this year (my number 1 was by Dj Woody and Sean Vinylment - A Country Practice - check it out if you haven't already)

peace

beats

#2 bnick

bnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:35 AM

Oh and some errata - one of the bits that Egon juggles was infamously sampled by Turkey's finest old school hip hop group, "Cartel" - on a 12" that's much prized by local hip hop heads.. To the point where it's a bit pricey. It's a hilarious slice of turkhop.

#3 heyofordiego

heyofordiego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:35 AM

do it thug!

#4 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:28 AM

why wouldnt it be cool to post the tracklist??? we're supposed to be sharing knowledge here.... everyone is so secretive nowadays.

"a country practice" was an awesome mix - i was listening to it cycling to work yesterday... today it will be Mike the 2600 king - "heavy session" - one of my other favourite mixes from this year

#5 Kuraden

Kuraden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:53 AM

YOU CAN DO IIIT!

#6 GoosDiff

GoosDiff

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

(if there's no problem with posting it) then DO IT MAN! please!!

not only is the music hot, but the way they sing and the actual sound of the words and everything is mesmerizing. i'd like to check out some more of the artists music (if i can). and also, it sounds like it's the same dude singing on every song of that mix. it'd be cool to see if i'm right (i know i'm wrong, but w/e) and see who these people were...

thanx in advance if u decide to...

#7 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:33 PM

I put a handy pair of ears to the test... and we have churned out the entire tracklisting for the Turkish Funk Mix

is it cool to post it or are we supposed to keep it a secret? I was considering posting just the track titles...

I must say, there was a lot of laughing involved when the "trick" was revealed :blink: And also I don't know if anyone at Stones Throw speaks turkish but there's some hilarious lyrics on there too! Pillow talk...

respect Egon and crew - definitely one of my favourite mixes this year (my number 1 was by Dj Woody and Sean Vinylment - A Country Practice - check it out if you haven't already)

peace

beats

I think its ok. Its not like they are selling it

#8 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

i recognised a Baris Manco track that was on andy Votel's (awesome) "prog is not a four letter word" compilation - ive never come across any of his shit in the field though...

#9 bnick

bnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:01 AM

ah, fab stuff my little chickens. Well we have Goos pointing out "sounds like the same dude singing every song on the mix", and ya boy One Trick Pony naming "baris manco"

you're both right as it happens. Pronounced "BariSH MancHO", saying those words in any store in istanbul should get you laced with this heat.

So to repeat, all tracks are performed by Baris Manco. He's considered to be "quite funny" in Turkey. He's also mad prolific.

Tracklisting is:

1) Estergon Kalesi (traditional)

2) Lambaya pf de

3) Gonul Dagi

4) Uzun Ince Bir Yoldayim (traditional by Asik Veysel)

5) Binboganin Kizi

6) Ayrilik Olmasaydi

7)Iste Hedk Iste Deve

8)Acih Da Baga Vir

9)Alnima Bir Kara Yazi

london to istanbul crate digging by http://www.myspace.com/ahhu

if you like this info, show her some love

peace

beatnik

#10 GoosDiff

GoosDiff

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

is it possible to get lyrics now???

i mean, just to sing along to....

:blink:

pretty please

i'm posting half jokingly and half serious... :)

#11 Urbaniak

Urbaniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:41 PM

why wouldnt it be cool to post the tracklist??? we're supposed to be sharing knowledge here.... everyone is so secretive nowadays.

"a country practice" was an awesome mix - i was listening to it cycling to work yesterday... today it will be Mike the 2600 king - "heavy session" - one of my other favourite mixes from this year

Wasn't Mike the 2600 always on this board here years ago? Isn't he the guy who drew the new Chrome Children poster? Or am I getting a whole bunch of guys mixed up here? I don't know.

#12 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

Wasn't Mike the 2600 always on this board here years ago? Isn't he the guy who drew the new Chrome Children poster? Or am I getting a whole bunch of guys mixed up here? I don't know.

no, you're quite right. He has a design company called twelve car pile up and it's all fucking great stuff.... plus his mixes are killer, from what i've heard.

#13 Antonn B.

Antonn B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

thanks a lot for the tracklisting!
:lol:
i was searching for tracks titles since i first heard the egon mix and i only found the two from the " ben bilirim " lp .
so i was searching for other dudes .................
<_<

#14 GoosDiff

GoosDiff

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:07 PM

bnick, thanx again man. i'm finding out more about him and he was incredible in his country (much to my amazement, he's on wikipedia)

good looks man.

egon (if u know about this) i hope u're not disappointed. but if the purpose of the mix was to expose us to baris and make us seek him out, this tracklisting has definitely helped...

#15 likes it raw

likes it raw

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:53 AM

the whole dialog is really funny to read for me :blink:

for me as a turkish girl living in germany, this mix was a pleasant suprise, as suddenly the music started at work (of course the postcast section on itunes) and i heard baris singing the songs i used to listen to for so many years! awesome!

selam to everybody (and i love you guys for being so open-minded)
likes it raw*

#16 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:00 PM

I cant beleve it when some threads get closed when people ask for tracklistings some time. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users