• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:17 AM

So, my wife and I want a camera...a digital camera...and we want it, like, yesterday. So, my budget is about $250-$300 dollars and dammit I gotta have somthing that is decent.

I took a fair amount of photography classes in highschool and college so I'd like somthing that looks and feels like a manual SLR camera.

Other than that I just want a camera that takes nice pictures and functions well...and isn't $1000245834823489 dollas'.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

#2 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:23 AM

i actually went to an estate sale over the weekend and found a minolta s404 that is a 4 megapixel, for only 50$.

i will use it as starter camera, cause im also stuck on what kind of camera to buy and how much to pay.

#3 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

Well in that price range your not gonna get too many new digital SLRs. There are alot of decent piont and shoots in that range though. And seeing as you have some camera knowledge it sounds like the SLR is the route you want to/should go. Why don't you try to get a used camera off like Craigslist or Ebay or somehting? That'd probably be your best bet. Or a pawn shop or any used camera store in your area?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users