• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:22 AM

SOHH Exclusive: Ghostface Killah Talks "More Fish," "Def Jam Wanted Another Album Real Fast"
Monday - November 27, 2006 by Janeť Bolden
With his second album of the year, More Fish, due next month, Ghostface Killah recently spoke with SOHH about his new CD, the current state of hip-hop and his conspicuous absence from Wu-Tang Clan's "VH1 Hip-Hop Honors" performance.

While completing an album often proves to be a struggle for most artists, Tony Starks knocked out the follow-up to Fishscale in under nine months, exhibiting a drive that has undoubtedly pleased the execs over at Def Jam.

"I needed to do it, I had to keep my name out there," Ghostface told SOHH. "Def Jam wanted another album real fast. We got money to make in the fourth quarter."

The album features appearances from Redman, Sheek Louch and the Theodore Unit. Ghost's son, Sun God, is also featured on the album.

"That's my oldest right there, he's getting busy," Ghostface proudly told SOHH. "We're just doing what we do."

While fellow Wu-member and labelmate Method Man has more than alluded to being discontented at Def Jam, Ghostface expressed some gratitude toward his home label, "You know, I'm still fresh there, and they're still fresh. We're just giving each other a chance. I just got a roof over my head right now."

While Ghostface has been critical toward hip-hop previously, he seems to have mellowed toward the current state of the music, telling SOHH, "It is what it is. I don't hate it. Hip-Hop is universal, but the East Coast gotta work at getting what we're used to."

Heads that tuned in to the "VH1's Hip-Hop Honors" this year had to be disappointed when Tony Starks didn't show for the group's tribute and televised reunion performance. However, fans shouldn't be alarmed. Ghost missed the show due to a scheduling conflict.

"I was in Europe performing for the Europeans and all that," Ghost explained. "'Hip-Hop Honors' was supposed to be done in August originally, so I switched my Europe dates to October. Then they switched the show to October but I had my commitments already done."

More Fish hits stores December 12 via Def Jam.

#2 git

git

Merkin' ferals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:29 AM

just listening to the more fish sampler, damn this is good. I didn't enjoy fishscale all that much, as big a doom fan as i am, i still didn't wanna hear old herbs. Based on this sampler i'm guessing that this is gonna be better than fishscale.

#3 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:27 AM

just listening to the more fish sampler, damn this is good. I didn't enjoy fishscale all that much, as big a doom fan as i am, i still didn't wanna hear old herbs. Based on this sampler i'm guessing that this is gonna be better than fishscale.

Fishscale was pretty good for a major release but i was dead dissappointed that there were no new doom beats on there.... but i'm sure the doom/ ghostface album will make up ffor all that.

#4 Jamal From Ghostwriter

Jamal From Ghostwriter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:00 AM

It aint better than fishscale homes...

#5 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:09 AM

It aint better than fishscale homes...

i just downloaded it. does anybody have any info on who did what?

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,514 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

ive just given the whole album a quick listen,it prob has the same amount of good tracks as fishscale upon first listen

#7 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

ive just given the whole album a quick listen,it prob has the same amount of good tracks as fishscale upon first listen

it didn't impress me.

ps. madlib did block rock.

#8 jeebus_unit

jeebus_unit

STMB Hooligan/Ne'er-do-well

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:22 AM

shame on you

#9 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,514 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

ah well *shrugs* :D

#10 jeebus_unit

jeebus_unit

STMB Hooligan/Ne'er-do-well

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

Guns N' Razors :D

we need food

#11 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

did this all under 9 months! damn ghost just gained more respect from me.

and it sounds pretty good to me, when the official one drops it will be on play for awhile so it can be absorbed in my head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users