22 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,927 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:52 AM

Just listened to the entire album end to end and I have a few comments on this overall disappointing return of Jigga Man.

1) I'm getting sick of this "conceited rap" boasting and bragging like you better than everyone else, he's got one verse that goes "what you call money, I pay in taxes." WTF?

2) That jacked quasimoto beat is the best track on the album and it's the only one on there that doesn't have that flashy, tinker bell sound.

3) That track with Beyonce must have been slated for her album but he wanted it on his, were his people afraid to tell him this was a bad idea? After hearing that track I wanted to call this The Pink Album.

:huh: Overall disappointing as I said, a far reach from The Black Album.

Your thoughts?

#2 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

gay - z sucks

#3 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:23 PM

I would have to agree. I'll admit that I've never been the biggest Jigga fan but I actually thought that the Black Album was pretty good and I thought the move to retire was kind of cool. However, to come out of retirement with a Budweiser ad and this piss poor album is just plain horrible. I too am sick of the rhymes about his cash. Guess what Jay, I know that you're rich. I'm happy for you, now shut the f*ck up. Also, someone should tell Chris Martin that Hip-Hop doesn't put six feet of reverb on drums like they do in BritRock. The only risk Jay took on the whole album and it still sucks.

Zzzzzzzz.

#4 envy sible

envy sible

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:27 PM

i dont like his drifting-into-whisper-flow. its annoying.

#5 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:31 PM

yah and everybody does it now.

wack.

#6 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:28 PM

I too am sick of the rhymes about his cash. Guess what Jay, I know that you're rich. I'm happy for you, now shut the f*ck up.

god damn thats the quote of the year if ive ever heard one

#7 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:38 PM

i actually really enjoyed kingdom come... :unsure:

#8 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:47 PM

Get Him!!
Posted Image

#9 Jamal From Ghostwriter

Jamal From Ghostwriter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:19 PM

Yeah me too...

#10 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

The album is tight work.... :unsure:

#11 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

i really like the song with chris martin... sounds like something that should have been on the black album.

#12 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

awww yeaaaaaa I need to get this bootlegged asap almost forgot

#13 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:17 AM

gay - z sucks....i mean......fuck i saw him on ellen ( dont ask why i was watching it, i was flipping threw channels) ne ways.....he's all like

"ya i can write hit records in like 5 min....i cud right one right now if ya want...."
....what a fucking asshole......thats why u suck u big lipped, limp dick mother fucker.....go pimp some whores you fucking sell out. fucking artists like that makes me sick...fuck i hate that guy...the only thing he has going for him is fucking beyonce

#14 Kuraden

Kuraden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:41 AM

gay - z sucks....i mean......fuck i saw him on ellen ( dont ask why i was watching it, i was flipping threw channels) ne ways.....he's all like

"ya i can write hit records in like 5 min....i cud right one right now if ya want...."
....what a fucking asshole......thats why u suck u big lipped, limp dick mother fucker.....go pimp some whores you fucking sell out. fucking artists like that makes me sick...fuck i hate that guy...the only thing he has going for him is fucking beyonce

Is he lying though? With his status right now he could make a minute-and-a-half song about taking a shit and it'll be considered a classic (not to me specifically, but who knows, if it knocks... :D ) I don't think Jay would run on stage bitching because his video didn't win an award at least....not just yet anyway.

To be fair I still think he left the rest of Def Jam in the dust as far as promotion and whatnot goes. Method Man got zero promo, The Roots got in rotation on VH1 Soul and that was about it, yet he gets his song in rotation on every major music channel, even ESPN! I don't know if how things are handled over there, but he's pres. so I blame him haha.

Kingdom Come itself is not that bad. The 2nd half is flatout wack save for Beach Chair and Minority Report. I think it's funny that he sounds like he's about to fall asleep on every track, though. But I don't think it's HORRIBLE horrible.

#15 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

when he said it made me realize the exact reason why i hate radio .....no effort gets put into that trash that gets played on the radio...

#16 greengiant

greengiant

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:11 PM

Did the producer who did "the prelude" jack MADLIB axe puzzles?? Sad day :D

porque jay z porque??

#17 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

Did the producer who did "the prelude" jack MADLIB axe puzzles?? Sad day :D

porque jay z porque??

yeah same sample, been discussed.

ive just heard clips of it, and seems like the same ol jay-z that i was never really a fan of.

#18 jv0x

jv0x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:aliens

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:20 PM

Meanwhile the Nets are losing to every team in the NBA.

#19 camfield

camfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

Get Him!!
Posted Image

haha excellent

#20 boatben

boatben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

regardless of the garbage he been putting out(like almost eveything since reasonable doubt), jiggaman still collects his props from me. I just like the way dude moves.

he's from marcy...

he runs def jam

he got paper for days

beyonce??

hard worker. maximum respect.

#21 Kweku Ananse

Kweku Ananse

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

jiggaman was in Ghana in all his ceo glory, charged about US$ 80.00 per ticket for his concert and ended up pissin off one of Ghana's top rankin emcees. why, bcos jay's people would not grant reggie rockstone an audience with his royal highness. the emcee was dissappointed as were die hard hip hop fans who could not even afford the show. reggie was so vexed he issued a press statement n tins.

corporate ghana made a killin still. only my friends with well paying jobs could afford it, but they said it was a sick concert. everybody knew the lyrics, all were singin along etc etc etc...and thats what they loved about it.

he is a show man this jay z guy. and thats exactly why no one should get things confused for a moment. the love is gone, its all business. kingdom come proves it. the just blaze tracks were tight, especially with the "cant touch it" sample, but as stated earlier the lyrics are so poor, they have to be designed for the most uncritical poetic pallate.

jay is the mcdonalds of this rap shit. you want a quick fix of mostly generic sounding rhythms with a generous sprinkle of capitalist rantings on private property; all to stimulate a general inconsequential feel goodness, then this is ur shit. dont expect some gourmet slow food goodness. That is what the ST is for ...

#22 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

jay is the mcdonalds of this rap shit. you want a quick fix of mostly generic sounding rhythms with a generous sprinkle of capitalist rantings on private property; all to stimulate a general inconsequential feel goodness, then this is ur shit. dont expect some gourmet slow food goodness. That is what the ST is for ...

Very well said.

#23 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,927 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

Preach on, brother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users