Posted Image

#2 Muzik Macks

Muzik Macks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:39 AM

granted I didnt read all of it, but that shit just sounds stupid. so what, an old friend out shined you, thats how it usually works, get over it.

beef is wack, especially when its only really jealousy

#3 NineSSix

NineSSix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:41 AM

Good read thanks, I was wonderin' why exactly they were beefin', besides that M.I.C. comment made on D.D. Man, I hope they square that ish out! Funny how things turn out between friends, damn & thats lil Dumiles' godfather.

#4 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:03 AM

"Book of Daniel" has listeners around the country duking it out on Internet message boards. Some see Carey's rage as justified, while others find the song a pathetic attempt to cash in on Dumile's celebrity.

I Think Carey's Rage Is Justified

Who Wants To Duke It Out?

#5 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:12 PM

granted I didnt read all of it, but that shit just sounds stupid. so what, an old friend out shined you, thats how it usually works, get over it.

beef is wack, especially when its only really jealousy

I wouldn't even call it beef or jealousy. I don't feel that Grimm has a serious "grudge" over the relationship between he and Doom. I just feel that they were so close, like brothers, and if you have a brother, you love your brother. Not trying to be on some soft, "Growning Pains" shit, but y'all know what I mean. I think hes more hurt than anything. We don't know both sides of the story, so we can only guess. Grimm coulda been on so reluctant, lazy shit, so Doom advanced without him. Now, hes sore because Doom's shinin' and he didn't come back for him. I think, in time, the shit will be squashed and them cats'll be makin' serious music again... :(

#6 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

granted I didnt read all of it, but.....

...but, but, but what?! Like you said, you didn't even read it. You are talking about what it "sounds like" when if you took a few minutes and read it, you'd be able to say what it actually is.....

You sound like kids in class who didn't read shit, but are the first to have an opinion about it.

Anyways, thats a cool article. The whole thing, getting into Grimm's situation with Doom (justified or not), his situation with crime and jail, his situation with his body and the price to pay for living that crime life...that was a great article thanks for posting it. The end was great too, how he shows the writer how he can stand...thats good shit.

About the beef, it's hard to say. I mean, articles are still an outside/biased perspective and since we are reading the article that puts us further away from the truth...I guess, it's just too tough to formulate an opinion without having been there throughout their beef. Coming up with an opinion on it would be like trying to call a boxing match when all you have to go on is the articles written about it...to tough to call.

#7 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,499 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

this whole doom/grimm beef is shit and members of grimms day by day entertainment messageboard posting links up on other boards to promote grimms beef with doom to gain publicity is dumb,whats even more shit is when said members come rushing to grimms defense(and oh yes they do do that) on the board they posted the links to cos someone 'dared' to say grimm is crap(see count bass d's board and domination records board for evidence of this)

in short . .

doom=good

grimm=not that good really to be honest

bring on the hate . . . . :(

#8 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

interesting article

#9 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

doom=good

grimm=not that good really to be honest

bring on the hate . . . . :(

yeah i agree some of grimms tunes are pretty bad
but there are a few bad doom verses out there too

#10 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:41 PM

here's the live show with them together, I thought grim's freestyle was ok

#11 Revo1

Revo1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:18 AM

"I'm learning how to stand up," he says, moving from his wheelchair to a leather recliner and motioning for Warfield to hand him his aluminum walker. He grasps the walker's soft handles and, trembling, pulls himself up. After a few seconds of struggle he extends, fully vertical, his muscular arms supporting his underdeveloped legs.

"I fully expect to walk again, but it's difficult for me to put a timetable on it," Carey says, after sitting back down. "It's not my body anymore. My body's back. It's just, there's a lot of things I've got to overcome in my mind."

Damn. Best wishes to Grimm. Hope he can walk again someday. I don't personally give a fuck about their beef. That's between them. Doesn't change my opinion of either of them. They are both dope emcees. Both have their own collection of underground classics in my opinion.

#12 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:21 AM

Damn. Best wishes to Grimm. Hope he can walk again someday. I don't personally give a fuck about their beef. That's between them. Doesn't change my opinion of either of them. They are both dope emcees. Both have their own collection of underground classics in my opinion.

I co-fuckin-sign that....

#13 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

good read. all i'd ever heard about grimm's beef with doom was that it was some bullshit, but that article kinda put it all in a different light. something to think about......

#14 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:06 PM

never really thought DOOM was throwing punches on the mouse and the mask. very interesting read though, differences aside i think grimm is pretty successful himself, with the label and a graphic novel? hes staying busy as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users