• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Anyone else check it out yet?

I thought it was very 'Snyderesque' but overall a pretty good Superman origin movie. My sole complaint is that the Lois Lane role could have been done much better.

I do recommend that you guys check it out even if you're not too familiar with the Superman mythos.

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

I liked the last Superman, Superman Returns. I was surprised when they announced a full reboot, after the reboot. Apprently doing $400 million was not enough for the studios. Also, the studio thought it did not position Superman well enough for sequels and lacked testosterone driven action for the male audience (thanks Wikipedia).

Snyder always makes visually stunning flicks, but in my opinion, everything else has dropped off steadily since 300. Sucker Punch is freakin terrible and Watch Men was good but not a classic. I have been hearing mixed reviews for Man of Steel. But since his movies are so nice to look at, I am interested for sheezneezle.

#3 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

I was going to see it this past weekend but decided to show some support for This Is The End instead. But I will def be seeing it this week!

#4 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Seeing this tonight! High hopes :rolleyes:

#5 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

Oh no! now I know he's the dude that ruined Watchmen <_< I'm staying well clear, if it can build into a Justice league, then it could be worth it.

#6 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

Ismit just me or is DC < Marvel and 10% gayer.

• DJ Projexion likes this

#7 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

went into it with an open mind but...
other than some cool fighting (think DBZ in live-action, pretty awesome) i gotta say it was whack as hell. terrible writing, terrible characters, very boring. thought maybe they'd do a cool, philosophical update of the superman mythos for a modern era but to me it was like watching cardboard cutouts for 2 AND A HALF HOURS.

almost got nauseous from the insane bombardment of product placement (superman literally takes off triumphantly in front of a prominently-placed Sears, couldn't get through 5 minutes of a fight without the 7-11 logo, etc.), to the point that i turn to my buddy mid-movie and joke that they must have broke the record for product placement, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY DID. they made back $160 million before one ticket was sold, JUST from product placement!

#8 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

went into it with an open mind but...
other than some cool fighting (think DBZ in live-action, pretty awesome) i gotta say it was whack as hell. terrible writing, terrible characters, very boring. thought maybe they'd do a cool, philosophical update of the superman mythos for a modern era but to me it was like watching cardboard cutouts for 2 AND A HALF HOURS.

almost got nauseous from the insane bombardment of product placement (superman literally takes off triumphantly in front of a prominently-placed Sears, couldn't get through 5 minutes of a fight without the 7-11 logo, etc.), to the point that i turn to my buddy mid-movie and joke that they must have broke the record for product placement, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY DID. they made back $160 million before one ticket was sold, JUST from product placement!

I agree: the product placement was distracting. Nikon was all over the place! I watched it yesterday and although I have seen worse and wouldn't mind seeing it again just for clarity purposes, I got some good sleep in the theater.

#9 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Fack!
Why does Hollywood have to suck so bad?

Hollywood, likes to suck on wood.
If she could
She'd do you good.
But all she is, is a dumb ass bitch.
Too bad her ass is so damn big.
She bumps everything.

Ms Hollywood.
Why you got to suck so hard.
You know I'd come if if weren't such a retard.
Trying to tell me things are cool when they ain't.
Ms Hollywood, your breath smells like taint.

#10 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

ha
that's awesome

#11 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

The opening scene on Krypton was the best part of the movie. I'm quite surprised this wasn't better given that Nolan/Goyer was behind the project. At the very least it was entertaining, although they could have shaved a half hour off.

#12 PatchGotBeats

PatchGotBeats

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

it was coo

#13 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Antje Traue > The movie

Antje Traue bodying Superman > The movie

#14 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

it wasnt complaint worthy. like sunny said it was snyderesque and i can respect that. and the fact that he brings up batman and superman in the same movie is pretty mindblowing but thats considering im a comic book nerd fuck and now im just waiting until someone brings predator into the picture!! and watchmen was awesome so idk what yall is talm' bout

#15 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/shadeprint

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

I haven't seen it yet, I stopped trusting Snyder after Watchmen.
From what I've read and been told, they completely missed the point with WHO Superman is, and although you can take it as a reworking of the character, you end up with less in comparison to the current Superman mythology.

I'll check out the Superman vs Batman flick that they're working on right now, but I expect it to be a huge disappointment.

#16 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,145 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

I haven't seen it yet, I stopped trusting Snyder after Watchmen.
From what I've read and been told, they completely missed the point with WHO Superman is, and although you can take it as a reworking of the character, you end up with less in comparison to the current Superman mythology.

I'll check out the Superman vs Batman flick that they're working on right now, but I expect it to be a huge disappointment.

There is one scene where Snyder is making an overt Jesus comparison to Kal-El but beside those five minutes he did an excellent job explaining who and what Superman is to the people of Earth.

#17 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/shadeprint

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

There is one scene where Snyder is making an overt Jesus comparison to Kal-El but beside those five minutes he did an excellent job explaining who and what Superman is to the people of Earth.

I feel what you're saying, but I meant more along the lines of being the hero with so much power he doesn't need to kill or threaten anyone, I heard he removed a satellite from space so the government couldn't spy on him, then [Broke his rule as a Superhero. No spoilers].

He sounds a lot like the Superman written in Injustice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users