Fisher Price Record Players

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ageispolis

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hey guys I was looking for a good portable record player and I actually have heard good things about these Fisher Price record players like the 820 model ( I think this is the model that madlib had pictured in the Brazil photos) and the 825 model even the Big Bird one. My main question was, do these have RCA outs or any kind of output jack or just that external speaker? I was looking for something light and battery powered so I could take with me when hunting for vinyl. From what ive heard the sound reproduction on these isnt bad at all and is at least on par with some of the models in the <$100 range. If they dont come with outs, do any of you have experience with modding an output jack on them?

#2 Cis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I have the 820 and it doesn't have any kind of output jack.

#3 Ageispolis

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Would you recommend the 820? I was looking in to either getting one of those or the 825. Does the 820 have the option of running on batteries? I know some of the models like the big bird one can. I think I will have to end up opening it up and modding a headphone jack but it shouldnt be too hard to be honest. Just patience a few components and a soldering iron should be all you need

#4 Cis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Yeah it runs on batteries, I'm very pleased with mine.

#5 NTRZZ

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Try using a swich. I moded a casio PT-100 adding a output jack and a swich to change jack output to the original speaker output.. Some swiches even has a screw on the socket for the wire so you dont need to solder.

#6 scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostNTRZZ, on 13 December 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Try using a swich. I moded a casio PT-100 adding a output jack and a swich to change jack output to the original speaker output.. Some swiches even has a screw on the socket for the wire so you dont need to solder.

I was about to suggest this. Read a tutorial, boy a cheap toy keyboard from goodwill to practice on, then move on to install a 1/4 or rca to the unit yourself

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users