Jump to content


DOOM


859 replies to this topic

#541 Jurmainson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

So every new track is just a remix right? There are no brand new tracks right?

#542 SunnyMeadowz

    Dutch of Dukes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostJurmainson, on 03 August 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

So every new track is just a remix right? There are no brand new tracks right?

It looks like there are a couple new joints on there.

#543 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

NEW tracks: Pause Tape (featuring both JJ and DOOM), The Signs (just JJ), Bookhead (though we already got the video a while back), Viberian Son (Del drops a verse over Viberian Sun beat from the original) and even though the BBNG track is a "version" of Guv'nor, it's got two completely new verses from DOOM about cannibalism over a new beat.

The rest (4 tracks) are remixes.

#544 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Was thinking of posting this in the Marion Morrison thread haha but:

http://cassettestoreday.com/ featuring the cassette release of JJ DOOM Butter Edition 9/7 among others.

ST should get in on this somehow too

#545 Jurmainson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Not sure if I want to buy the entire Butter Version or just the new tracks on iTunes.

#546 James Frank.

    Rookie of the Year

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DENVER
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

i wish they wouldn't have pulled a lame marketing scheme like this and just put the new tracks on the original...i'm sorry, but i'm not gonna shell out an additional $35 for ~5 new tracks, as much as i <3 DOOM i'm not made of $ to just keep giving him. i'm still debating whether i'm gonna buy the extra tracks on itunes or just torrent them to prove my point.

on a more positive note though, that "Guv'nor" remix by BBNG is fucking incredible-- and most certainly deserving of my $1.

#547 NickleBanks

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostJames Frank., on 05 August 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

i wish they wouldn't have pulled a lame marketing scheme like this and just put the new tracks on the original...i'm sorry, but i'm not gonna shell out an additional $35 for ~5 new tracks, as much as i <3 DOOM i'm not made of $ to just keep giving him. i'm still debating whether i'm gonna buy the extra tracks on itunes or just torrent them to prove my point.

on a more positive note though, that "Guv'nor" remix by BBNG is fucking incredible-- and most certainly deserving of my $1.

that's cool man, sit one out. sometimes releases get complicated and stuff.

#548 Jurmainson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Can't the bonus disc be purchased separately though?

#549 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

^Yeah that's how it works. 9 tracks on a CD (price unknown) or on a pic disc LP ($19). you can buy all 3 LPs together and it only costs 35 as opposed to 45 (cost of buying them separately, not to mention 2 shipping charges if you copped it round one). If you've already got it... it's a tough call. It's not the double-album anyone wanted it to be in terms of amount of new songs, but it's all great stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Leave it to fucking DOOM, with both Ghost and Madlib shifting all blame onto him for album delays, to pull this shit: "In 2012 after DOOM turned in the masters for Key To The Kuffs, he carried on working on the project. Rather than put the breaks on and start saving up new material for a new album that might never come out we decided to keep it coming."

#550 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Beck Remix streaming

#551 Jurmainson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Does this sound like DOOM to anyone else?



#552 Jay Stone

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

Sounds like a white guy doing a DOOM imitation.

#553 SunnyMeadowz

    Dutch of Dukes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostJay Stone, on 07 August 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

Sounds like a white guy doing a DOOM imitation.

Also known as Jonwayne.

#554 fungus

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Traverse City / Detroit, MI

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostJurmainson, on 06 August 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Does this sound like DOOM to anyone else?
yea. this is a good mixtape, but he's got to learn not to imitate like this verse.

#555 WaldoH

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostSwampThing, on 05 August 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

^Yeah that's how it works. 9 tracks on a CD (price unknown) or on a pic disc LP ($19). you can buy all 3 LPs together and it only costs 35 as opposed to 45 (cost of buying them separately, not to mention 2 shipping charges if you copped it round one). If you've already got it... it's a tough call. It's not the double-album anyone wanted it to be in terms of amount of new songs, but it's all great stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Leave it to fucking DOOM, with both Ghost and Madlib shifting all blame onto him for album delays, to pull this shit: "In 2012 after DOOM turned in the masters for Key To The Kuffs, he carried on working on the project. Rather than put the breaks on and start saving up new material for a new album that might never come out we decided to keep it coming."

DOOM likes to piss off his fans, it is what he does... When the MV project wasn't anywhere the news was its right around the corner.. Now the news is DOOM quit working on these projects and that his collaborators are pissed at him. That could be true, DOOM might really be a villain, or this might be an act. DOOM might have told Madlib and Ghost to put doubt in his fans and push the blame on himself to make us hate him, because he loves that. If these long awaited projects do finally come out, they will be even more shocking, and make the hype of them even hyper'er.

#556 Jurmainson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostSunnyMeadowz, on 07 August 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Also known as Jonwayne.

Posted Image

#557 Samir_

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

http://lexprojects.c...hop-nehru-doom/

#558 Yvon

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostSamir_, on 08 August 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:


Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect with this news.

Anyway, the FlyLo/Earl/DOOM track is dropping tomorrow as part of the adult swim single thing. Here's a live preview



#559 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

BBNG track is live.


View PostSamir_, on 08 August 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:


yeah, what the hell does that mean? collab album? probably more like a track, no?


View PostYvon, on 08 August 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Anyway, the FlyLo/Earl/DOOM track is dropping tomorrow as part of the adult swim single thing.

But the Captain Murphy/Vik Vaughn track isn't due till the end of the month... What's the indication it will be dropping tomorrow? And why wouldn't they have credited Earl on the track on the website? You'd think that'd be a selling point. Do we know this isn't off of the incoming Capt. album?

#560 Yvon

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

YEah sorry you're right. I mixed up to things. The FlyLo/Earl/DOOM track *should* drop tomorrow (read that on some sites). And on the other side, the Captain Murphy/Vaughn track is schedulded for Aug. 26th. 3 guys, 2 tracks, 5 aliases. Everything is just fine.

#561 James Frank.

    Rookie of the Year

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DENVER
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostSamir_, on 08 August 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:


so now its BN DOOM?

#562 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

I foresee Bishop Nehru over special herbs instrumentals.

#563 Jurmainson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

That track sounds so good.

#564 SunnyMeadowz

    Dutch of Dukes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostSwampThing, on 08 August 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I foresee Bishop Nehru over special herbs instrumentals.

Expect nothing less.

#565 fungus

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Traverse City / Detroit, MI

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostYvon, on 08 August 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Anyway, the FlyLo/Earl/DOOM track is dropping tomorrow as part of the adult swim single thing. Here's a live preview

there's no Lotus/Earl/Doom mentioned as a part of the Adult Swim series, and the Lotus/Doom (as Capt Murphy & VV) is scheduled for August 26. So what are you talking about?

#566 Yvon

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostYvon, on 08 August 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

YEah sorry you're right. I mixed up to things. The FlyLo/Earl/DOOM track *should* drop tomorrow (read that on some sites). And on the other side, the Captain Murphy/Vaughn track is schedulded for Aug. 26th. 3 guys, 2 tracks, 5 aliases. Everything is just fine.


#567 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

According to the adult swim singles lineup, Lil B has been bumped to the end of the line, meaning the Captain Murphy track will be dropping Aug. 19th instead maybe?

#568 SunnyMeadowz

    Dutch of Dukes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostSwampThing, on 09 August 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

According to the adult swim singles lineup, Lil B has been bumped to the end of the line, meaning the Captain Murphy track will be dropping Aug. 19th instead maybe?

Thank You BasedGod.

#569 AleisterBenway

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:casablanca

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

you guys hear this joey badass song produced by DOOM. sounds to me like a brand new beat. am i wrong? if not why the hell aint yall fliıppıng shit over this. joey is weak but at least DOOM is making new beats man


#570 SwampThing

    To Serve Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Can we take a moment to examine that DOOM/Earl/Murphy live track? The Captain Murphy verse is just his verse from Dog It (Jonwayne). I'm now thinking Flylo was just playing an unreleased DOOM/earl track, which he then hopped on. Or hell maybe it is a CM track but he hasn't written the verse. The plot thickens though.

And looks like the AS singles switch wasn't a fluke, looks like we're in for that CM VV track a week from today!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users