9 replies to this topic

#1 DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:49 AM

yo

i was just wonderring why most of people use technics 1200/1210 and blindly ignore vestax pdx 2000/2300 ?! i mean is there something im missing cause i dont really get why more people dont use those vestax turntables ?!
im asking this because im going to upgrade my turntables from stanton to technics 1210 or vestax pdx 2300...

#2 DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:25 AM

so vestax has less skipping (if any) comparred to technics ? id be using the new turntable mainly for listenning and scracthing purposes, so i wouldnt need it for mixing so that clears the pitching thing out... i heard there was something wrong with the first pdx2000 though, i think it has reverse-paly option and some turntables flipped and started turning clockwise and then anticlockwise, i heard they fixed that problem in the new ones though...

#3 Roughian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:The study into the actions of any pimp, mack, player or hustler, in that particular order.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

People constantly go towards the 1200/1210 because you know when you get a Technics table you are getting the best. There is a reason why it is the industry standard. When I first started getting into hip-hop/making beats/dj'ing I always wondered why someone wouldn't get something like the TTX instead, or the PDX, the torque is much higher and they have more features. It took me actually testing them all out to see why you see damn near most DJ's rocking Technics. It's that long-lasting quality, they know how to make turntables and have known since the first 1200 came out.

#4 DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

so now its 1 plus to technics and 1 plus to vestax :D

#5 BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

ANother reason to go with Tech'ies is for durability. Pick up a vestax table and just feel it. It feels flimsy, like it could fall apart in a year. The techs are bulky and durable, from my perspective. I love tech's. Vestax makes good shit though, I just prefer the Tech's when it comes to turntables. Vestax obviously makes great mixers, especially if Rane is out of your price range.

Go Technics

#6 DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

alright... i think ill get em technics cause i dont really want spend another 600 euros to a turntable next year again...

thanks for the help yall ...

peace ! ! ! ! ! !

#7 Roughian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:The study into the actions of any pimp, mack, player or hustler, in that particular order.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Mattafak, a friend of mine has a 1200 from 8 or 9 years ago...

It is still working amazingly.

#8 duomaxwell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:32 AM

+1 for the 1200 too. Don't get me wrong that Vestax is a great turntable. It has alot of great features. If your all about scratching then the Vestax's straight tone arm is key. (Cuts down on the skipping) Although I have heard that you lose some sound quality with a straight tone arm. Bazaco made a great point. The heavier the turntable usually means its better. Both are outstanding turntables. I went with the 1200 because the Vestax's weren't even out yet when I got mine. Peace.

#9 mephisto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:57 AM

tanton str81150s good turntables like to think theyre somehwere between the two only time will tell if they have the durability of the technics

#10 DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:22 AM

vestax turntables comparred to technics seem kinda toyish i mean how they look... technics look so sturdy and rock solid so thats it then.
i wish wed had that kind of stores here where i could test those both out but there isnt :S... and yeah of course the has to be raeson for why all these people use technics, actually onky scratch dj (known) that uses vestax turntables is dj woody, others mainly techs...

and what comes to stanton, i have these stanton str8-30 direct drive tunrtables right now (have had for few years) and they were dope at first but after scratching for about a year their motors started to slow down and them started to skip tracks when i was scratching so... stantons seem ok but dont know if other stantons will brake down like that too..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users