new Promoe LP

4 replies to this topic

#1 Planet ₮urope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:14 AM

Anyone into that?. I just copped it and itīs quite good. Some tracks are too political correct and boring but some tracks are the really the bomb. Like "Songs of Joy" with Capleton. There is also a track with some french guys rappin on french and one track with a german guy singin on german. That makes it to a really european album which is quite cool. You should check it out!
http://www.hhv.de/item_79305.html

#2 andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

View PostPlanet ₮urope, on Oct 17 2006, 01:14 PM, said:

Anyone into that?. I just copped it and itīs quite good. Some tracks are too political correct and boring but some tracks are the really the bomb. Like "Songs of Joy" with Capleton. There is also a track with some french guys rappin on french and one track with a german guy singin on german. That makes it to a really european album which is quite cool. You should check it out!
http://www.hhv.de/item_79305.html

i heard the snippets and it sounds totally weak too me. i lost all my interest in the troop after "long distance runner". musically its sooooo boring. this reagge touch all the time sucks.

#3 Bwosz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:45 AM

I've been a fan of the Troop ever since Heads or Tails (the first thing that was available outside of Sweden), and love just about everything they do.
Embee's "Tellings from Solitaria" is probably my favourite album of all time.
But this one i'm not really feeling. I don't know, the thing that i like so much about the Troop is the evolution within certain songs, but that's not happening on this one. I guess it's the absence of Embee (yes, Songs of Joy is the best track on the album).

#4 Brayaz (Weisheitszene)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

...i was on a looptroop concert last year in oldenburg (germany) and it was dope. they rellay rock... but since "modern day city symphony" they didnīt really blow me away... i like them but i donīt really get into the music nowadays.. but.. that promoe "off the record" joint is propably the fattest joint ever...

respect for the lopptroop-crew!

#5 DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

promoes government music album was dope... and after that he has changed so much that it aint the same no more... iīd like to see promoe going back to the days he did the government music album... to me the long distance runner was too lame (exept one track called calm down), too much of them ragga dudes on the new albums... anyways iīll have to cop the white mans burden album though i listenned to the snippets and there was quite a few dope tracks (sad to say but which is a suprise)... and i personally think one of the dopest tracks hes done over the years are dawn track from the government music and the track he did with creative in 1997 (cant remeber the tracks name though)...
telling of solitaria (Embee) was reel dope by the way

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users