STMB Beat Battle #7

87 replies to this topic

#31 pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

mine has no synths either -- but would sound load better with some proper bass line. this rule is silly. big ern better watch himself with al his dictating rules and whatnot...he may have a riot on his hands!!! i say only use the sample plus bass and drums - -that seems reasonable to me.

#32 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

View Postpencilface, on Mar 27 2007, 08:42 PM, said:

this rule is silly. big ern better watch himself with al his dictating rules and whatnot...he may have a riot on his hands!!! i say only use the sample plus bass and drums - -that seems reasonable to me.

a riot?....from who? people who can't make beats? i told dialog that he could submit his beat so what else do you want?!
man please.... who's dictating? i just think some of you guys bitch and complain too much. if you read the responses...it seems like the majority wants to keep the rules the way they are? maybe i'm wrong....if you can't make the beat...don't enter the contest. what's so hard about that? i thought the last original was wack....so i didn't bother entering. what don't you understand about this?....am i alone in feeling like this? you guys seriously have to be kidding me. :blink:

it's not even like all the originals will be the same with no usable basslines....what happened to making the best out of what was given to you?!!

#33 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:making music,crate diggin,traveling

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

people who cant make beats? ah i c, thats what you think of me right? i c someone thinks highly of himself oh great beat king big erm allowed me to use some synth, praise god. serious dude check yourself cause now you sound like a dick with this ppl that cant make beats shit.

#34 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

View PostDialog, on Mar 27 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

people who cant make beats? ah i c, thats what you think of me right? i c someone thinks highly of himself oh great beat king big erm allowed me to use some synth, praise god. serious dude check yourself cause now you sound like a dick with this ppl that cant make beats shit.

i didn't direct it at you before you get all excited....it was a general comment directed toward anyone that wants to bitch about the rules guy.

FIRST we resolved our situation a long time ago so slow your roll....

SECOND since we did resolve it....why does this keep coming up?!

so fall back with that man.

#35 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

I even stated that I wasn't trying to be a "jerk" about the whole situation after the first time so why are you coming at me like that?

#36 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

well since im the only one who did i wonder who you could be talking about? hmm listen man if anyone needs to fall back its you were all grown men and i dont think this msg board needs a father figure you feel me? im submiting my beat cause i wanna share my music with musical people thats all. your the one making a big deal about it now don't say that i can use synth and then fuckin wine about it after the fact. serious man i politely asked if i could make my beat a certain way and i get mad fucking attitude. then when ppl are finished their beats they say smart ass shit like "i finished my beat no synth" on some straight up trying to take a stab at me but not saying it straight up shit. am i wrong? :blink:

#37 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

and the fucked thing is im not even trying to win or be the best or some shit i just wanted to have some fun and do this. :blink:

#38 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

View PostDialog, on Mar 27 2007, 10:40 PM, said:

well since im the only one who did i wonder who you could be talking about? hmm listen man if anyone needs to fall back its you were all grown men and i dont think this msg board needs a father figure you feel me? im submiting my beat cause i wanna share my music with musical people thats all. your the one making a big deal about it now don't say that i can use synth and then fuckin wine about it after the fact. serious man i politely asked if i could make my beat a certain way and i get mad fucking attitude. then when ppl are finished their beats they say smart ass shit like "i finished my beat no synth" on some straight up trying to take a stab at me but not saying it straight up shit. am i wrong? :blink:

i don't see how i gave you attitude but ok whatever man....this was all in good fun at first now it's going downhill. what's a contest if it doesn't have rules? i thought it would've been cool if everyone used the same material....some people don't have synths to use....*shrug* oh well.....i was wrong....if you feel like i owe you an apology then "i apologize"....if anyone else wants to keep the beat battle up, be my guest.....fuck it i'm done. i'll just be a contestant. :(

#39 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

apology accepted

i also apologize for trying to bend the rules

sorry to call you out man but i just said what i felt was right man. this shit is fucking sour now, its like i dont even wanna be involved anymore over some stupid bullshit like putting a bassline and a small amount of synth. meh i'll get over it tho.

#40 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

View PostDialog, on Mar 27 2007, 10:56 PM, said:

apology accepted

i also apologize for trying to bend the rules

sorry to call you out man but i just said what i felt was right man. this shit is fucking sour now, its like i dont even wanna be involved anymore over some stupid bullshit like putting a bassline and a small amount of synth. meh i'll get over it tho.

that's cool man, no hard feelings....i'll finish this #7 and if someone else wants it be my guest....
i nominate Sanka or godzilla....it don't matter to me....as long as i'm no longer the "dictator"

#41 pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

chillax guys.... my comment was only meant in jest. the point was that bending the rules on this friendly game of baseball is no bad thing --- it's just a bit of fun.

those who have skills will shine no matter how loosely the competition is played.

...now let the releasing of heatrocks commence!!!

#42 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

very good point man

#43 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

no hard feelings at all bro , im sorry for making such a big deal. its all good now tho :)

#44 Guest_Outlier_*

• Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

you know what... the rules were stated, and have continued to be stated with every battle. it was always clear and certainly made sense to me.

#45 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

ya well im through arguing over it man, just dead it if you were gonna say something it should have been said a while ago. we dont need to go in circles.

#46 ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

yah its funny i was actually thinking about this not too long ago.

but ithink we should make this a bit more like the "iron chef"

whereby we have the main sample and tha tshould be the main element of the song, but we should be able to ad in other elements just so that we can make it like an actual song and not just a loop.

#47 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

yes thats what im sayin, ne one can loop up or chop a sample to bits and add drums, lets make a production out of it.

#48 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

what about people who don't have keyboards or synths?

#49 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

you can add extra stuff using your comp can't you? soft synth and stuff like that.

#50 BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:16 PM

View PostDialog, on Mar 28 2007, 02:14 AM, said:

you can add extra stuff using your comp can't you? soft synth and stuff like that.

nah,
i don't really use the computer.

i mean it's like i said.....i thought this whole thing to me was about working a sample. it's fair to me if everyone starts on the same playing field....when you bring in synths and keyboards it changes everything....

sure, anyone can chop a sample and loop something but that was the whole idea in the battle..."flip what was given to you"
for example all quas album stuff is straight loops/chops and it was dope, donuts was all chops and loops and it was dope.

i'm not "anti-synth" or anything but i am for the sake of what we are doing.....you can post your sample synth beats ANY OTHER place on the board but as far as the beat battle goes, we just use the original, kicks, snares, EVEN filters are cool...but that's it.

how about this....Dialog you can take over the beat battle? Or Ren or Pencilface....or anyone "pro-synth"

ONCE AGAIN....i'm not trying to be a jerk...i'm just trying to make it so everyone can agree on the rules.

#51 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

• Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:47 AM

View PostBigErnMcCracken, on Mar 28 2007, 01:16 AM, said:

nah,
i don't really use the computer.

i mean it's like i said.....i thought this whole thing to me was about working a sample. it's fair to me if everyone starts on the same playing field....when you bring in synths and keyboards it changes everything....

sure, anyone can chop a sample and loop something but that was the whole idea in the battle..."flip what was given to you"
for example all quas album stuff is straight loops/chops and it was dope, donuts was all chops and loops and it was dope.

i'm not "anti-synth" or anything but i am for the sake of what we are doing.....you can post your sample synth beats ANY OTHER place on the board but as far as the beat battle goes, we just use the original, kicks, snares, EVEN filters are cool...but that's it.

how about this....Dialog you can take over the beat battle? Or Ren or Pencilface....or anyone "pro-synth"

ONCE AGAIN....i'm not trying to be a jerk...i'm just trying to make it so everyone can agree on the rules.

:angry: nah man i think big ern should still be "manager" of this thing...he saw it from the beginning, for one. he's on here pretty frequently, and he does a dope layout of all of the entries for the voting

but whatever you guys want, doesnt matter to me

#52 Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

STMB Beat Battle # 7.1

Rules: You can only use these items to make beats.

1. Rubber Band
2. Paper Bag from local grocer (No Plastic People!!!)
3. Campbell Chicken Noodle Soup Can (Large Size... Sorry, No generic store brands...)
4. Late night neighborhood Meowing Cat or Howling Dog (Must be from your neighborhood...)
5. Your Car or House Keys (Jingle Jangle...)
6. Stuffed Animal (Teddy Ruxpin or Talking Elmo accepted...)
7. Ringing in ear from hearing very loud noises (Slapping yourself in the ear has the same effect...)

Entries must be submitted right now. No late entries will be accepted.

ok you people....... HUSTLE & FLOW! :angry:
Posted Image

#53 Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

WE'RE HERE TO MAKE BEATS NOT BEEFS.

First off: I don't think Ern is being a "dictator" at all. He's always done a great job with organizing things and he was trying to keep people within the rules.

I see you all apologized and everything so I hope we can just continue along with these battles because I think it's been pretty fun so far. Hopefully Ern will continue to organize it all because I know I'm not around enough to be able to do it (especially on the weekends).

Let's do this round and then maybe discuss the rules afterwards ???

#54 godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

View PostSanka, on Mar 28 2007, 07:34 PM, said:

First off: I don't think Ern is being a "dictator" at all. He's always done a great job with organizing things and he was trying to keep people within the rules.

I see you all apologized and everything so I hope we can just continue along with these battles because I think it's been pretty fun so far. Hopefully Ern will continue to organize it all because I know I'm not around enough to be able to do it (especially on the weekends).

Let's do this round and then maybe discuss the rules afterwards ???
I agree with Sanka

Also, maybe if the winner stated explicitly the use of synths is permitted then it'll be for that round only, kind of like the dealer in a friendly card game choosing wilds.

Remember kids there isn't a prize, this is friendly!

#55 Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

View PostKlay Doe, on Mar 28 2007, 11:57 AM, said:

STMB Beat Battle # 7.1

Rules: You can only use these items to make beats.

1. Rubber Band
2. Paper Bag from local grocer (No Plastic People!!!)
3. Campbell Chicken Noodle Soup Can (Large Size... Sorry, No generic store brands...)
4. Late night neighborhood Meowing Cat or Howling Dog (Must be from your neighborhood...)
5. Your Car or House Keys (Jingle Jangle...)
6. Stuffed Animal (Teddy Ruxpin or Talking Elmo accepted...)
7. Ringing in ear from hearing very loud noises (Slapping yourself in the ear has the same effect...)

Entries must be submitted right now. No late entries will be accepted.
ok you people....... HUSTLE & FLOW! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

I wanna get in on this! I only have T.J. Berrytales for a stuffed animal. Is that cool?
Posted Image
He tells stories and I wanted to use a part of this one story

And does it matter what color rubber bands I use? I only have red and blue ones
And also, can I use my own dog's bark?

:P :P :P :P

#56 sera#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

co-sign.

#57 Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

i wasnt even trying to make beef i simply requested if i could use synth and he said yes,

end of story ppl............

#58 godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

View Postandt88, on Mar 28 2007, 10:36 PM, said:

i think the original sucks. but i'm already done.
haha me too! the piano player is good but I can't stand harmonica, used it though.

#59 Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

View PostToya?, on Mar 28 2007, 04:53 PM, said:

I wanna get in on this! I only have T.J. Berrytales for a stuffed animal. Is that cool?
Posted Image
He tells stories and I wanted to use a part of this one story

And does it matter what color rubber bands I use? I only have red and blue ones
And also, can I use my own dog's bark?

:P :P :P :P
T.J. Berrytales is cool.
You must use fat only "Dope Boi" rubber bands
No, you must only use the dogs howl, after midnight

#60 straight outta fremont

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

View Postgodzilla, on Mar 28 2007, 02:43 PM, said:

haha me too! the piano player is good but I can't stand harmonica, used it though.

yea, i feel the same way but we work with what we've got, no? i am finally on spring break....so countme in this time....no fakin....i swear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users