Sample rate and 432Hz

432Hz vs 44.1Hz

3 replies to this topic

#1 MOXATRON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Bashing out Beats on my MPD, skateboarding, Drawing skulls, and other stuff... like playing pool.
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/moxatron

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Word up,

I been looking into sample rates and Frequencies of music recently and came across this whole deal with 432Hz business. Correct Pitch and wave oscillation / vibrations.

You can check the link or do a Google search plenty of information on it.

http://www.omega432.com/music.html

It seems pretty insane the whole background about it and the reason and the end results with what you hear.

But my main question is has any one tried out this frequency and what their thoughts where on it?

So this is what I gather from the idea is that you need to sample at the desired rate to have true effect you can't just adjust the frequency to 432Hz with a plug in or in your DAW program.

Also I noticed that my Edirol FA66 sound card only samples at 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
So I don't really know what to do there?
If I change the sample rate on the sound card will that make a difference?
I changed my sample rate in Logic 8 no problem but until I make a beat I won't know the outcome.
The other thing is when I bounce it to a mp3 won't I just lose all the effect of making the beat at 432Hz?

Any ideas views or advice would be helpful.

Peace.

#2 mangoes cash

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Dude,
I would not take my advice from a website that looks like that. Second of all, while it probably is true that you get awesome, perfect audio at certain frequencies of devices involved with recording and playback, can anyone really give a fuck?? Come on son.

Posted Image

#3 Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

that website has nothing to do with digital audio and sample rates. it's just trying to argue (with what looks like a bunch of pseudo science bullshit, cant be bothered to read it though) that the concert A pitch should be set at 432hz rather than the standard 440hz. it's more about music theory, harmonics and overtones and whatnot. sample rate has more to do with the human range of hearing, for example humans can only hear up to about 20khz, which is why the standard sample rate is 44.1khz.

#4 scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

actually Human adults often cant hear over 18.5kHz, but FEEL up to 20Hz but that's beyond the point, I understood and enjoyed this article, and for that, I say thanks for sharing! We didnt have posts like this back when I was on these boards years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users