336 replies to this topic

#61 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

I just wish this would get proper mastering.

I'd kill for a properly mastered MBDTF, man.

I've heard the leak is unmastered, so there's hope. Also, the retail version that's dropping tomorrow is said to have 4 bonus tracks. Pretty excited to hear those as well.

#62 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Iv'e been a long time Kanye fan and one of the things I have learned while following his career (along with other artist) is to just let Ye be Ye, you can't put your expectations of what music he should make on him. Kanye is pretty good at expressing his current mood and lifestyle in his music which is one of the things that make him a legit artist to me. He's not like these other pop rap cats were you pretty much know what to expect from them, so my expectations going into this album were pretty low. Overall the album is pretty extreme and there seems to be some metal influences sprinkled throughout. I can dig most of the tracks, I find "Hold My Liquor" pretty cringe worthy though. I would love to see "Send It Up" as the next single.

#63 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

BLACK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszwuX1AK6A

#64 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

yo that trailer was awful

looks like a cool movie though

#65 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

it is mastered bruh. the distortion's intentional

#66 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,902 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

yo that trailer was awful

looks like a cool movie though

This.

Someone tell Yeazus Spartans weren't Romans...
  • DJ Primate likes this

#67 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

it is mastered bruh. the distortion's intentional

Yeah, the distortion is completely intentional, but that's not what the mastering is supposed to fix.

#68 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

it actually sounds amazing. for a gritty spazzed out acid bass record, it's remarkably clear and well defined

#69 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

• mangoes cash, GC90 and Dirty Cyclist like this

#70 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

^^so much better than the orig^^

"Diabetic - fish fillet"

"It's them nigas who poorest who are them rebel guerrillas."

"Don't get caught up in no throne."

Mos Definitely.

It's funny. I never listened to the og much. All of Yassin's lines are a play on the original's. lets just say the original is a bit arrogant compared to Yassin's righteousness. Think Jay and Ye got their feathers ruffled over this?
  • GC90 and Dirty Cyclist like this

#71 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

This is great workout music, I killed me some weights last night while bumpin this in the headphones.

I could do without the screaming though, thats just some silly shit. Makes me lol.
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#72 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Posted Image
  • GC90, gEEchieDan and MWBOOGIE like this

#73 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

It's got some tracks.
It's interesting, but for me, hearing Yeezy complain makes me say "no man".
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#74 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

This album makes me really mad! I screamed into my pillow after listening to it!

#75 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:The Universe

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

I feel like people hate to like Kanye. His personality and antics lend to the conversation and sentiment, yes, but musically, from an objective standpoint, I definitely think that he deserves somewhat of an applause for the amount of attention to detail that he puts into his music. Between his beats, his approach to rhyming, concepts behind his albums, and his style of dress, Kanye has always been different. Hip-Hop started off as a sincere expression of oneself. Although some of this has been compromised through time, some of the original properties of Hip-Hop remain in present day, and are expressed through Kanye's efforts - - this is true whether or not we like to admit it.

This comment wasn't made in response to anything posted in this topic,it was more of an expression of frustration that I have with myself and that I'm sure some of you reading this might find within yourselves because I've found that because Hip-Hop is so image driven, those of us who identify as fans of the culture and genre can be really prejudice and discriminatory. Let's give "different" music and artists more of a chance.

Peace

#76 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

I never would have guessed upon first listen but.............this shits really starting to grow on me.

#77 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

:(

i'm very disappointed in this album...i thought all 10 tracks were gonna be some biting social commentary like "New Slaves" and "Black Skinhead" was. now i see that it was just a marketing scheme to get stupid, hopeful people like me to buy into this horse shit...the lyrics completely ruin it for me, it goes from "clean water was only served to the fairer skin" to "eating an asian pussy all i need is sweet and sour sauce" for the other 8 tracks.

& idk if anybody on here even listened to The Money Store or NO LOVE DEEP WEB last year...but is it just me, or does it sound like Kanye's been listening to A LOT of Death Grips? he bit off a lot of their style in this album- and it might be only because of that that i think it's acceptable, though extremely underwhelming. it kinda made me just wanna go listen to DG when i heard it, but the fact that the biggest name in hip-hop just flipped off his fanbase and went in this direction is interesting in itself...and worth the listen just for that alone.

i just wish Kanye "tried" more...instead of hiring Rick Rubin last minute and recording lyrics one fucking hour before his flight to Milan...it makes for some very cringe-worthy moments, especially on all the auto-tuned tracks and the album version of "Black Skinhead". that yelp he tried to give made me laugh out loud, this is his "badass" phase i guess...maybe one day we'll get back to the shit he was doing in his first three albums, back when he was actually hungry and not jaded about the same success he fought to get for years.
  • GC90 and gEEchieDan like this

#78 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Man, I hate the whole fuckery with iTunes getting remastered versions, while CDs have a shit sound to it.

Anyway, the album is great. It's growing on me more and more.

#79 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

So TMZ just reported the kids name is actually North West.
http://www.tmz.com/2...rth-west-kanye/

#80 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

cant wait for the rock konducta

Troll
  • ynqhead and Dirty Cyclist like this

#81 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:nah what
  • Soundcloud:hhaha wat

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

It's growing on me more and more.

#82 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:The Universe

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Well said, James Frank

#83 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

side by side comparison of the two opening tracks from this album (Yeezus) and NO LOVE DEEP WEB.

#84 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

acid house is from Chicago... that Kanye track is based on the 'first' acid house track 'ever made'. also, all that dude from sacramento does is belligerently scream at the mic...not dissing but honestly with all the clipping i can't hardly make any sense of it most of the time

#85 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

The Money Store > NLDW
  • James Frank. likes this

#86 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

acid house is from Chicago... that Kanye track is based on the 'first' acid house track 'ever made'. also, all that dude from sacramento does is belligerently scream at the mic...not dissing but honestly with all the clipping i can't hardly make any sense of it most of the time

it might not be very audible in that particular song, but the mood across Ye's entire album is similar to what DG was doing- cold, minimal electronics-based hip-hop, complete with screaming, auto-tuned samples and repetitive looping...it's a lot easier to see the similarities if you're familiar with the last 2 albums Death Grips released last year.

for me, they were 2 of my favorite albums, so i'm very familiar with all their quirks and idiosyncrasies. but yeah, for people who have NO CLUE where this version of Kanye's coming from (as i'm sure a lot of people feel like), a lot of it's coming from a mix of OFWGKTA, these guys, and of course all the sounds of classic Chicago-based techno music.

#87 Tackler

Tackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I also thought this album was going to be a stance against the media, corporations,and fast party lifestyle that kanye tries so hard to make people conscious about when he first started making music. New slaves is exactly about how modern day slavery is one that exist in psychological realm rather than the physical form of snatching people and controlling them. Now slavery exist by controlling the masses to buy into products with no real substance behind it. With all the understanding of how the subconscious brain work a lot of people really have no.chance against mental slavery. Along with the beat that plays at the end I thought he was going back to his soulful sound. The beat that plays in the middle of.the first track, the beat at the end of New slaves, the beat on the last track and also the beat which sampled strange fruit, are what i would of liked the whole album to.sound like. Although I do like hold my liquor dont get me wrong, album just isn't what I expected. His beat for rza's novie New dress I think was really nice. he really does come across better on soulful beats an his emotions do come across clearer on his older albums.

#88 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Each track has other producers involved, he didn't do this on his own, check those people out, and it falls into place why it sounds the way it does, love an instrumental version, cos these lyrics are some shallow shit, and the deep stuff is barely a puddle and has no ground as soon as he starts banging on about what he does to women, gets thats what big contracts force you into, talking shit.

#89 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Each track has other producers involved, he didn't do this on his own, check those people out, and it falls into place why it sounds the way it does, love an instrumental version, cos these lyrics are some shallow shit, and the deep stuff is barely a puddle and has no ground as soon as he starts banging on about what he does to women, gets thats what big contracts force you into, talking shit.

I think the biggest misstep people take when listening to this album is that they think that they should be able to agree with everything Kanye says and that the messages and themes of the music are to be taken as a lesson/moral. That is no way to approach Yeezus. Hell, you shouldn't do that with music, period. But the thing with Yeezus and Kanye's music in general, really, is that this music is an insight into the mind of a person. It's what makes it so fascinating. Sure his thoughts sometimes may be radical, and sometmes a bit naive or pretentious or whatever, but they're definitely real. This sort of all out openness is rare from a celebrity of his stature, and is most definitely unprecedented in rap culture. I'm not saying rap isn't expressive as a whole, but Yeezus may be one of the most expressive albums of its kind. And it's really cool to get sort of an untapped, unfiltered view of someone like him. That's what is its. A perspective. He's not preaching to you. He's sharing his view, his world. So agreeance isn't necessarry. It's like when I listen to Quas. I'm not one to stab dudes with pitchforks or old folks with butterknifes, but I enjoy listening to the thoughts of someone that does!
  • ynqhead likes this

#90 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

I think the biggest misstep people take when listening to this album is that they think that they should be able to agree with everything Kanye says and that the messages and themes of the music are to be taken as a lesson/moral. That is no way to approach Yeezus. Hell, you shouldn't do that with music, period. But the thing with Yeezus and Kanye's music in general, really, is that this music is an insight into the mind of a person. It's what makes it so fascinating. Sure his thoughts sometimes may be radical, and sometmes a bit naive or pretentious or whatever, but they're definitely real. This sort of all out openness is rare from a celebrity of his stature, and is most definitely unprecedented in rap culture. I'm not saying rap isn't expressive as a whole, but Yeezus may be one of the most expressive albums of its kind. And it's really cool to get sort of an untapped, unfiltered view of someone like him. That's what is its. A perspective. He's not preaching to you. He's sharing his view, his world. So agreeance isn't necessarry. It's like when I listen to Quas. I'm not one to stab dudes with pitchforks or old folks with butterknifes, but I enjoy listening to the thoughts of someone that does!

Yeah man I get that, but for me it's how comfortable I feel hearing what someone has to say, I don't feel comfortable hearing what he talks about sometimes, and I can't relate to the drinking sex thing, cos of I've grown up myself, and got over being like a randy 16 year old. Words are energy and can change everything around you, and really effect people, I work with a lot of teenagers, and they do take this for real, and can sometimes model their own belief's around a song, we can't judge what others will or won't do by our own behavior, but some responsibility has to be taken somewhere for these actions, like Pass The Couvoisier, the song and video is an advert, it worked a treat, well off, or not I clearly remember this being the case and the sales went up on that drink. I must admit Hiphop, the whole culture all 9 elements of it, was born out of need, a platform to speak and teach, and raise people on the street out of ignorance. I can just about remember NWA getting pulled into the White House, to be told to calm down with what they're saying, then we get the guns champagne, fur coats rims watch's money gangster era, that was the begining of rap, and a slap in the face for the culture of Hiphop. So any genre, lyrics are a lesson and a morale take John Lennon's Imagine he says it all, you just don't know how the listener will perceive it, literal or figurative. What I do try do myself is, try and remember, somebody is proof reading his lyrics, and probably controlling the content of what he say's, and saying whether he can do something or can't.

Just watch this at about 2 mins out of no-where, there is some chump in the background, who looks like he is watching over what he is doing, he doesn't fit, he looks out of place, everyone going off in the room, but this one guy, I'm pretty sure most big mainstream artists have this to make sure the product that gets released is what they want to put out, not the artist. And we have all heard that one till we're blue in the face.

Now below is the real Kanye, and I will always remember this, when the guy talks shit. He did not stay on the auto cue, look at the shock of the other celebs, and look at Kanye's body language, he knows he shouldn't say it. That's what bugs me, he comes out with something that powerful and then, we get a sex anthem after sex anthem, lyrically. Must say though as well, I find it funny that people think this is heavy, it's big, it's moody, it's powerful, but heavy ? I think it's from growing up on death metal and grindcore, that makes me not see any heavyness, Listen to 30 sec's of any Decapitated tune, or Meshuggah, that to me is heavy

Yo Primate it's not all directed at what you said, you just got me thinking Holmes, cheerz for that. ;)
  • DJ Primate likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users