MPC

6 replies to this topic

#1 Oliver_Palfreyman

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hello
ive been producing for about a a couple of months now with just reason 5 and a korg microkey im thinking of getting some other equipment like a sampler
The most ive been hearing about is the SR and the MPC
What would be the best thing to get cos ive heard alot about producers using mpc 2000 and others using 3000 and what not.
what does everyone thing of the mpc and sr which would be the best?
im thinking of getting a synth aswell so some advice for that aswell would be good.

#2 illusive

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:anime
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/illusiveness

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

it's all subjective. There is a swing you can get inside of an MPC that you can't get anywhere else. I mean ableton live has its set of swing groves that emulate swing but it will never have the swing youc an get in your mpc. To be honest I wouldn't get a lot of hardware if you are on a budget. Conserve your money and understand you style before anything. Don't go out a purchace things because of what you hear from other people.

#3 DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I use the renaissance, best combo of hardware and software period.

#4 QuincyBanks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/quincybanks

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

peep for general advice, from me at least

http://www.stonesthr...showtopic=23819

#5 AtomHeartMoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

View Postillusive, on 25 October 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

it's all subjective. There is a swing you can get inside of an MPC that you can't get anywhere else. I mean ableton live has its set of swing groves that emulate swing but it will never have the swing youc an get in your mpc. To be honest I wouldn't get a lot of hardware if you are on a budget. Conserve your money and understand you style before anything. Don't go out a purchace things because of what you hear from other people.

this.

also, spend some time watching videos of ppl using those machines and see what workflow you like the most

#6 g1sm0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/g1sm0

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

buy maschine with a midi keyboard, also has a cool swing function. got it 2 and i dont need anything else. maschine and arturia 25, perfect combination

#7 scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostDJ Tav!k, on 25 October 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I use the renaissance, best combo of hardware and software period.

Yeah, it looks intriguing. The funny thing is though, the MVs did all that stuff, years ago. Still cool none-the-less.

View Postillusive, on 25 October 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

THIS. NEVER buy a piece of gear you dont need. The moment you do, you'll find you'll need something else, and so on and so forth until you have to sell it all off because you've become a gear junkie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users