- - - - -

STMB Beat Battle #7 Vote

34 replies to this topic

#31 Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:59 AM

View PostBigErnMcCracken, on Apr 1 2007, 10:57 AM, said:

So can you use breakbeats in Fruity Loops? I don't know anything about how Fruity Loops works so please forgive me but that may be an alternative to your drum situation.

Yeah I Can

But I Don't Have Any
Except The Corny Ones That Come With FL Studio

I Sort of Just Started Fucking With It
So They Have a Pack of Drums Called Realistic and They Are the Nicest Sounding Ones
I Used Them For Every Beat I've Made

And I Just Sequence Them In the Step Sequencer

But Thats What Makes Them Sound Shitty

They Are Too Mechanical I Think

And FL Lets You Put a Swing On the Sequence That Makes it Sound a LITTLE More Natural

But I Want Some Mean Drum Packs

Some Shit With Random Hits Like Trash Cans and Polls And Shit

I Want That Grimey Shit

I'ma Have to Start Searching the Torrent Sites

#32 pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

torrent sites and drum packs are not the answer...... get stuck into them crates!!! i'm sure its been said a million times but it's the only way to get the exact sound you're looking for --- and it's a realy fun activity in itself. finding a massive, open break on some wierd record you bought because it had a funny cover and was cheap is the best feeling --- BREAKFACE!! polish records from the 70's (especially on the Muza label) seem to be a goldmine for breakbeats. and there are extensive lists on sites such as www.the-breaks.com to check so you dont leave those badboys sitting in the dollar bins.

using software kits is for cissies and i doubt any of your favourite producers do it...

#33 Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

View Postpencilface, on Apr 1 2007, 12:24 PM, said:

torrent sites and drum packs are not the answer...... get stuck into them crates!!! i'm sure its been said a million times but it's the only way to get the exact sound you're looking for --- and it's a realy fun activity in itself. finding a massive, open break on some wierd record you bought because it had a funny cover and was cheap is the best feeling --- BREAKFACE!! polish records from the 70's (especially on the Muza label) seem to be a goldmine for breakbeats. and there are extensive lists on sites such as www.the-breaks.com to check so you dont leave those badboys sitting in the dollar bins.

using software kits is for cissies and i doubt any of your favourite producers do it...

Yeah

I Just Make Beats For This Contest

All I Have Is Fruity Loops And Sony Acid Pro

I Have Been Thinking of Getting Into It A Bit More In Depth
Maybe Get Some Equipment

But As For Now Everything is Digital

I'm Just Trying to Get The Feel of It

#34 pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

View PostDoot, on Apr 1 2007, 05:41 PM, said:

Yeah

I Just Make Beats For This Contest
All I Have Is Fruity Loops And Sony Acid Pro
I Have Been Thinking of Getting Into It A Bit More In Depth
Maybe Get Some Equipment
But As For Now Everything is Digital
I'm Just Trying to Get The Feel of It

fair enough. you're beats sound a lot more developed and more interestingly arranged than mine so you should probably do it mre if this is you firing on half cylinders... im sure a lot of beatmakers dont use any hardware -- just computer programs and that --- but still sample from record because its more fun and sounds better. if you dont have a record player you should get a shitty one for cheap. good for the soul!

#35 Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

View Postpencilface, on Apr 1 2007, 04:55 PM, said:

fair enough. you're beats sound a lot more developed and more interestingly arranged than mine so you should probably do it mre if this is you firing on half cylinders... im sure a lot of beatmakers dont use any hardware -- just computer programs and that --- but still sample from record because its more fun and sounds better. if you dont have a record player you should get a shitty one for cheap. good for the soul!

Well Thats What i Meant By Hardware

I've Got An Old Marantz 6300 With the Receiver and Speakers
I Just Need to Get a PreAmp Mixer of Some Sort
USB Style With Like 4 Imputs

I Seen One But I Didn't Have Any Cash On Me
It's Been on My Mind Though

I'm Gonna Check TurntableLab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users