Anyone can participate.
Each Saturday a sample is posted in the Beat Battles forum for beat makers to work with any way they choose. Beats are posted on a Soundcloud group by Wednesday. Voting takes place on the board Thursday-Friday. The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle. The Beat Battles are run entirely by users of the Stones Throw Message Board.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Download the sample from the latest thread on the Beat Battles forum
• Join/Submit entry to the Beat Battles Soundcloud Group
• Post your beat by Wednesday, 12:00AM Eastern time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum Thursday, 12:00AM Est, and ends on Friday, 12:00AM Est.
• Winner posts new Sample/Rules on Saturday by Noon, 12:00PM Est.
• One beat per person
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want
• Outside drums and bass are allowed
• No outside keys/synth unless stated
• No Acappellas
• Vocal samples/skits are allowed
• Cuts/scratches are permitted
• Don't post external links unless they are in the comments section of your own beats
• Only post beats for the battle to the Soundcloud group - others will be deleted
Keep it fair. Asking your friends/family to vote for you is not how you win. If you have entered the battles before you can vote or if you have a post count of 5+
• Votes must be in by Friday, 12:00AM Est.
• Don't vote for yourself
• Make your votes easy to read - using BOLD, BIG FONTS & HIGHLIGHTS is recommended
Edited by ST Bot, 22 June 2013 - 07:25 PM.