11 replies to this topic

#1 Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Sup Peeps,

In 30 years from now how do you think hiphop will evolve?

Take note of the first +- 35 years, look what has changed, what has become subtler or more elaborate and try to predict that into the future on a positive note .

A few things that come to mind:

*Electronic or acoustic
*back to Roots
*Boom bap
*Loudness wars
*Swing in beats
*Percussion
*Vocal cuts seem to play a greater part in "future" hiphop productions

Would love to read some valid points and get into the discussion as well!
Thanks for your input, appreciated !

Peace.

#2 SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

James Pants once predicted that kids are going to rebel against the heavy bass sound and make music that's all treble, no bass.

#3 AzMatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Rap/Hip-Hop, Basketball, Retro Video Games, Graphic Art, Books, TV & Movies, Music in General.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/ryan-bingham-2/

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

It won't go back to the roots, but it may be inspired by it. Kinda like an underground sound but not quite Beastie Boys. Or it will continue to degenerate and get much lazier and even more about weed and other questionable material.

#4 MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/nick-papadopoulos-2

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

The Beast has already stated what he envisioned for the future. Take it back to the early 2-0-0-0s. He has supporters too, apparently:

https://www.youtube....h?v=b2kMKtf1q2s

#5 Berry Woods

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

He aint no swag fag, he old school.

#6 Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostSunnyMeadowz, on 13 December 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

James Pants once predicted that kids are going to rebel against the heavy bass sound and make music that's all treble, no bass.

I believe that in the next 10 years, physical instruments or real live instruments will become popular again as a reaction on all that electronic and bass minded music.

In 20 years, it will be like the psychadelic sixties. We will have mastered the electronic sound and intrumental sound to perfection. And now we just wanna do crazy things with it. Crazy ass beats...Homosapien shiz

In 30 years, Google TransRap Will be fully Functional, MF DOOM will be the first voice and will be heard on Boom BAP records all over the globe.

#7 James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

fucked up time sigs, tempo changes, vocal fx, less immediate verse structures, no more ABAB rhyme schemes, acoustic instruments, drone music samples, idk.

also, in response to the beast up there ^ , isn't the early 2000's considered to be the worst period in hip-hop history thus far? we're talking the years of Nelly and Eamon and Akon and Sean Paul...

#8 mangoes cash

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostSunnyMeadowz, on 13 December 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

I tried that once. I mixed a song like that for an album, just cause. I regret that decision every time I hear that tune now.

My point is, what is good, will always be good. Funk trendy.

#9 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/obi-dan-kenobi

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

The one thing I find with evolution of anything is it always comes back to it's starting point, the ones that are ahead of their time and get misunderstood are the ones that get noticed later on. I guess when we master all the techniques of the greats, not biting not copy but drawing inspiration we can evolve the artform ourselves, already people are realizing digital sounds shit, we're go back to pure analog, mp3's won't exist, as 30 years is enough time to wake up and realize this format has butchered sound like CD's.

El-P for me is leagues ahead creatively than most producers, Funcrusher plus, Little Johnny from the hospital, are timeless pieces of work. The problem is recognition and understanding of what is actually well made music. For example I wonder whats wrong with people for example the beat battles, some of the votes I see, I'm like Fuck off!!! it sounds like something that's been done over and over, or people will like something that sounds like Dilla Madlib, Primo, etc. It's not their fault they just have to broaden their view, and are probably fairly young, and didn't experience what the 90's was meant to set in motion, 2000, was the death of a lot of music with the real formula being deleted, unfortunately making the kids say "They forgot about Dre" is a classic. So off that some recycle what they have heard, and we get stuck with nothing progressing.

I think there will be a push of mixing things that shouldn't really work well together, but actually work, I also think drums layered with one loop on the left and a different one on the right will grow. I also think that in 30 years we will either be under a one world goverment and Hiphop would of been deleted, or if we beat the system, and get our original states of being back, the need for what Hiphop is at the moment will also evolve into an even more Intelligent spirit. It will be used as a healing tool, and possibly as therapy for pregnant women, lets not forget the average bpm is that of a heartbeat, it is meant to exist, I don't know any other genre that can say this, it is the only form I can think of that expresses reality from all angles. We know Hiphop got kidnapped and turned into Hip-pop, but there are lots that work hard to bring it back to what it was, because what goes round comes back around, it's a revolution !! shit keeps spinning.

#10 MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/nick-papadopoulos-2

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostJames Frank., on 13 December 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

also, in response to the beast up there ^ , isn't the early 2000's considered to be the worst period in hip-hop history thus far? we're talking the years of Nelly and Eamon and Akon and Sean Paul...

Yeah there was a lot to complain about then, but I counter with this :unsure:

Not sure how to add youtube
https://www.youtube....h?v=nI34Ll0kN8M

#11 AzMatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Rap/Hip-Hop, Basketball, Retro Video Games, Graphic Art, Books, TV & Movies, Music in General.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/ryan-bingham-2/

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm working to make intelligence acceptable in modern hip-hop. None of this club, money and swag rap. If y'all see my vision, join me. We got a lot of rappers and producers on this board. Let's do something. Didn't mean to get all motivational.

#12 soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I just don't know what to say about hip-hop nowadays. People seem to have lost touch of why we created this shit in the first place. It's like, currently, these cornball rappers are basically playing out the Willie Lynch letter in how niggas is wearing dresses and leggings and bitches are looking more like niggas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users