81 replies to this topic

#31 Yvon

Yvon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I feel what you say Sunny and I know that french audience can be lousy. But trust me, I've seen a lot of madlib shows footages and that time he was out of his mind from start to end. By the end, J Rocc had to help him with his settings and we all know that the beat konducta should not need assistance from the beat junkie (no disrespect here, simply Madlib is actually a very decent DJ, nonetheless). I don't want to be the hater here, I just feel that sometimes when the show is bad, you cannot simply blame the public. There is a few videos on youtube if you want to make up your opinion. No offense. And I'll surely go to see Madlib again the next time he'll be around, I just cannot remain with this bad impression. Egon, J. Rocc and Gibbs made the show though.

#32 2tieum

2tieum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Like Egon told me after a Lib performance, if the crowd isn't feeling him there isn't anything wrong with Otis or his performance there is something seriously wrong with the audience in question. Trust me man a lot of his shows lately have been received with this kind of reaction. That's what you get when you're expecting him to don the Lord Quas costume and start rapping Come On Feet though...

I agree with your statement.i personnaly really like his set in general, but he didn't do well with his set on saturday. Too many cuts to really enjoy. But it was a good show overall. Egon is always bringing good stuff to our ears and J Rocc remains the funky Pres!

#33 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

PLEASE TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MY WOOOOOOOOOORLLLLLLD

#34 mau

mau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

I feel what you say Sunny and I know that french audience can be lousy. But trust me, I've seen a lot of madlib shows footages and that time he was out of his mind from start to end. By the end, J Rocc had to help him with his settings and we all know that the beat konducta should not need assistance from the beat junkie (no disrespect here, simply Madlib is actually a very decent DJ, nonetheless). I don't want to be the hater here, I just feel that sometimes when the show is bad, you cannot simply blame the public. There is a few videos on youtube if you want to make up your opinion. No offense. And I'll surely go to see Madlib again the next time he'll be around, I just cannot remain with this bad impression. Egon, J. Rocc and Gibbs made the show though.

i certainly wasn't suprised to see him bug out. i mean that's madlib, he does he wants and doesn't give a crap what other people think.
i only saw like the first 15 minutes of his set though, my legs and back were hurting so much from walking through the city the whole day. i went for a smoke outside just after jrocc joined him on stage.
jrocc's set was dope, been a while since i seen him spin. it was awesome. only annoying thing was this stupid drunk guy behind us screaming the whole time and all the other wasted people around me. for a minute i was like ehm ok, french crowds are pretty retarded. but a friend of mine said it was the first time he experienced a wacky crowd like this haha. the venue was really really nice too, but the sound was crap..
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#35 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

only annoying thing was this stupid drunk guy behind us screaming the whole time and all the other wasted people around me. for a minute i was like ehm ok, french crowds are pretty retarded.

That is the worst at a Lib show. Personally I'm trying to hear all the new/unreleased tracks when I see him play and the screaming drunks get really distracting. At one show this guy was in the front row and kept screaming 'BIG DADDY KANE!!!!' at the top of his lungs the entire night. Last time he was in Denver some drunk asshole stood on the stage next to Madlib the entire set and kept yelling random shit and acting like a retard, dude had me so distracted I hardly could pay attention to the music at all.

#36 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

#37 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

I need the song @ 32:50

#38 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

27:20

I need this!

#39 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

virtual dj and record the songs u want,

super easy

thats what geech does

AND AS FAR AS THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEING TOO HIGH

try a high potency brownie from the stores

almost killed me yo!

geech

#40 Machiventa

Machiventa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Love, Hugs, & Hip Hop Soul

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

A whole Cheeba Chew will get you too high. Fuck even a quarter of one is almost too much. But I ain't fuck around with edibles too much so I'm a lightweight in that whole realm.

a big fuck you to drunk dudes ruining shows

#41 faddermakker

faddermakker

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

This tread makes me wonder even more why the fucking Madlib x Carhartt shit didn't go to Amsterdam yo.

#42 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

This tread makes me wonder even more why the fucking Madlib x Carhartt shit didn't go to Amsterdam yo.

I bought a couple grams of that good shit back from dam just for the london show lol.

#43 George Jetson

George Jetson

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Dope. Literally

#44 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

This mix has me zoning.

Posted Image

#45 mau

mau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

seems that no one wants to book him anymore here, it's really fucking sad.

#46 faddermakker

faddermakker

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

seems that no one wants to book him anymore here, it's really fucking sad.

I feel the same way man, having a carhartt store in town made me think / hope this show would make a stop here.

#47 nervous

nervous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

The Medicine Show Tour did its last date here in Melbourne last night. Wasn't sure what to expect based on what people said/wrote/posted on some of the European shows. Anyway, for all you non-believers, it was a damn good show! For want of any proper write-ups of the Australian shows on these boards or elsewhere, I thought I'd take the liberty to post this.

I had a spot near the bar and at some stage while the supports were still playing I turned around and recognised Egon walking through nonchalantly. I stuck my hand out and he shook it before walking through the crowd and onto the stage.

Egon's set was "soul journeys", like Beat Konducta around the world style. He also played some new stuff by Guilty and Percee and previewed at least one Madlib beat that will be coming out with Mos Def (Yasiin Bey) over it soon.

J Rocc did a solid hip hop set. Nuff said.

Madlib started his set with some of the best tracks he's produced for other artists over the years (Madvillain [nothing new], Georgia Anne, SAS, Freddie, Jaylib...) and then a whole lot of stuff from the Medicine Show and some pretty experimental beats I'm sure we never heard and I think some people didn't understand.

While Egon and J Rocc were pretty hyped during their sets, Madlib definitely showed he's "a bro of few words". He barely said anything, except stuff like "Brain Wreck Shop" when it dropped and when he'd finished, "'Night, y'all". Couldn't help thinking he was like a mad professor too absorbed in his work to notice or be bothered by anything else. He was good though in sharing the love after the show, shaking hands with everyone and signing things.

Glad I made it!

#48 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

"I didn't even know it waaas reeaall..."

WEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOP

#49 TIGERSQUASH

TIGERSQUASH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/tigersquash

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Gonna listen to this now, hope it's good!

#50 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

#51 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well now that the tours wrapped up we can get an actual album from the man. Thats usually the case after he drops a mix. Fingers crossed as we head into winter.

#52 Samir_

Samir_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Latest update on Rappcats mentions "a Quasimoto retrospective is in the works for Stones Throw" and "more medicine." Pretty cool video in there too.
http://www.rappcats....-the-aftermath/

#53 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

great news cant wait for that interview id love to just have that magazine

what do we do until then...

geech?

#54 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

First "madgibbs" was slated for fall release, now it's planned for a vague 2013 release. Wtf? This album is turnin into another madvillain 2. All this waitin and shit makes me not even care anymore.
  • James Frank. likes this

#55 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

CHECK OUT GEECH ON SOUNDCLOUD YALL!!!!

#56 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

First "madgibbs" was slated for fall release, now it's planned for a vague 2013 release. Wtf? This album is turnin into another madvillain 2. All this waitin and shit makes me not even care anymore.

Its all good. I'm expecting a first quarter release in '13. If it gets pushed beyond that I'll join you in not giving a fuck...until it drops.

#57 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Its all good. I'm expecting a first quarter release in '13. If it gets pushed beyond that I'll join you in not giving a fuck...until it drops.

MADVILLIAN IS BECOMING LIKE PAC MAN AND MAYWEATHER

GEECH

#58 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

MADVILLIAN IS BECOMING LIKE PAC MAN AND MAYWEATHER

GEECH

I feel you. But I'm talking about MadGibbs (I really really dislike that monkier).

Who wants to come up with a better name for this project? Let's start a contest.

#59 nervous

nervous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Who wants to come up with a better name for this project? Let's start a contest.

1. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib.

#60 Yvon

Yvon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Madbabyfacekillalib

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users