Jump to content


am i the only one???


20 replies to this topic

#1 j303

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:n y c
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

that doesn't care about the chrome children release...


i don't know.... seems ummm..


er,,,

#2 GoosDiff

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY
  • Interests:MUSIC!

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

View Postj303, on Sep 8 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

that doesn't care about the chrome children release...
i don't know.... seems ummm..
er,,,
damn j, y u feel that way?? i mean, it's a new ST release, new music from the people we dig. a new venture for ST, which gives them an opportunity to try new things... i mean, what's not to like.

#3 BigErnMcCracken

    STMB Beat Battle Vet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dayton, OH

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

I don't know man....
I care because of the extras (45, poster...etc)but on the otherhand, most of the songs from people that I want to hear....are old (ie. "Nothing Like This" "Take It Back" "Blaze Up"). But hey....I'll take what I can get. ST is one of the only labels putting out quality music. Plus I'll buy the album for "Monkey Suite" alone.

I don't fully agree with you but I see how you could think that.

#4 j303

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:n y c
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

monkey shit... oh i mean monkey suite...


not feeling it.



i'll have to think about this for a while.


quas dunks....
all the hype on chrome children.....

a little to above ground for me..

#5 BigErnMcCracken

    STMB Beat Battle Vet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dayton, OH

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

View Postj303, on Sep 8 2006, 10:58 PM, said:

quas dunks....

I'll give you that. Those Quas dunks are a BIG disappointment. But I blame Nike for that....Not ST. The Quas Dunk should have been something like the "Bling Pack" Dunk with a full sized image of Quas on the back or something....and a pattern. I'm sooooooooooooooo pissed at that Quas Dunk.
Posted Image

#6 j303

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:n y c
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

naaah...im sayin jus the fact that stones throw was like....



yo nike!!!! make us a quas dunk..... ----- not good.

#7 GoosDiff

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY
  • Interests:MUSIC!

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

View Postj303, on Sep 8 2006, 10:58 PM, said:

monkey shit... oh i mean monkey suite...
not feeling it.
i'll have to think about this for a while.
quas dunks....
all the hype on chrome children.....

a little to above ground for me..

i feel what u saying j. like they're a lil too out there. but even when ST do it, it's done in such a subtle way. idk, i guess i'm trying to look at the positives of the thing: new music, a tour in which they're coming to NY.

as far as Monkey Suite, i think they're trying to go in a completely different/new direction....

idk, maybe it's just me...



... OH AND THE DVD TOO!!!!! HOT!!!! j, U HAVE TO AT LEAST B HAPPY W/ THE DVD RIGHT????????

#8 BigErnMcCracken

    STMB Beat Battle Vet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dayton, OH

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

"Monkey Suite" is dope....to me. It may not sound like "traditional" Madvillain beat-wise but it's still dope and DOOM's verses always keep me alert. Madvillain can do no wrong with me. I'd take another Madvillain song in place of Roc C or some shit.....no offense but I'm super cool on him. And it's not because he's different for a "Stonesthrow" artist....that goes for if he was on any label. I think Georgia Anne is dope though.


The question is...."Am I the only one not feeling Roc C?"

If you say that you aren't feeling Roc C, people want to automatically say you are hating because maybe he's a little more "street" than your normal Stonesthrow artist. NO....I'm just not feeling him. He could be on Def Jux.....or Def Jam. He's boring to me.....I couldn't quote any of his lines. He's an automatic fast forward when I buy the Chrome Children CD. That's my opinion though....sorry ST. But I spend my money on the records and cds so I am entitled right?. I know people will hate because of this post lol :huh:

#9 Toya?

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

View PostBigErnMcCracken, on Sep 9 2006, 01:47 AM, said:

"Monkey Suite" is dope....


That shit is dope! I fuckin love that song! Doom is always on point with the rhymes and Madlib does his thing with the beats. It is a little different, but the shit is still tight. You're right, Madvillain Can Do No Wrong.

#10 Toya?

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

View PostBigErnMcCracken, on Sep 9 2006, 01:47 AM, said:

The question is...."Am I the only one not feeling Roc C?"

If you say that you aren't feeling Roc C, people want to automatically say you are hating because maybe he's a little more "street" than your normal Stonesthrow artist. NO....I'm just not feeling him. He could be on Def Jux.....or Def Jam. He's boring to me.....I couldn't quote any of his lines. He's an automatic fast forward when I buy the Chrome Children CD. That's my opinion though....sorry ST. But I spend my money on the records and cds so I am entitled right?. I know people will hate because of this post lol :huh:


Whoa, somebody had to say it I guess. I totally agree with you. I'm sure he brings a quick buck in because 'street' people will like him. But ya know, people like what they like. He bores me. But I still support the other ST artists and I will continue to buy almost everything they put out. But hey, whatever makes money, right?

#11 godzilla

    STMB's number one superhero

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Okinawa Japan
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

View Postj303, on Sep 9 2006, 02:40 AM, said:

that doesn't care about the chrome children release...
i don't know.... seems ummm..
er,,,


View PostBigErnMcCracken, on Sep 9 2006, 05:47 AM, said:

"Monkey Suite" is dope....to me. It may not sound like "traditional" Madvillain beat-wise but it's still dope and DOOM's verses always keep me alert. I'd take another Madvillain song in place of Roc C or some shit.....And it's not because he's different for a "Stonesthrow" artist....that goes for if he was on any label.
The question is...."Am I the only one not feeling Roc C?"

If you say that you aren't feeling Roc C, people want to automatically say you are hating because maybe he's a little more "street" than your normal Stonesthrow artist. NO....I'm just not feeling him. He could be on Def Jux.....or Def Jam. He's boring to me.....I couldn't quote any of his lines. He's an automatic fast forward when I buy the Chrome Children CD. That's my opinion though....sorry ST. But I spend my money on the records and cds so I am entitled right?. I know people will hate because of this post lol :huh:
not milk?=dumbest line of the year!
ummm, I never buy the unreleased mixer albums, all the songs on them that I want will be eventually released as an lp or single. I like Roc C on a few tracks but I'd never spend money on an album by him unless he really steps his game up. Personally, if Stones Throw production wasn't as hot as it is I don't think any of their mcs would be known at all. I hear dudes every day that spit shit hotter than ST mcs but don't have the production/funds to make a name for themselves. Just saying, I've heard MED and Wildchild freestyle and if they came to a battle here in Lawrence fucking podunk KS they'd both get killed. Thats the end of my rant, no offense to anyone, I still bought MED and Wildchild's cds and I think that Wildchild has matured a lot since his last album, I was really feeling the stuff he did on Giles Peterson's show a while back (other than his freestyle). Also, there is no hate at all going to Percee P. He brings it real on every track.

PS, if you think I hate on street people your dumb as hell. I grew up getting recruited by gangs because I was a bully, used to make beats for the person that ran the Folks in Topeka and all that shit..

/drunken rant

not trying to make friends just speaking my mind

#12 godzilla

    STMB's number one superhero

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Okinawa Japan
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

View Postgodzilla, on Sep 9 2006, 06:43 AM, said:

not milk?=dumbest line of the year!
ummm, I never buy the unreleased mixer albums, all the songs on them that I want will be eventually released as an lp or single. I like Roc C on a few tracks but I'd never spend money on an album by him unless he really steps his game up. Personally, if Stones Throw production wasn't as hot as it is I don't think any of their mcs would be known at all. I hear dudes every day that spit shit hotter than ST mcs but don't have the production/funds to make a name for themselves. Just saying, I've heard MED and Wildchild freestyle and if they came to a battle here in Lawrence fucking podunk KS they'd both get killed. Thats the end of my rant, no offense to anyone, I still bought MED and Wildchild's cds and I think that Wildchild has matured a lot since his last album, I was really feeling the stuff he did on Giles Peterson's show a while back (other than his freestyle). Also, there is no hate at all going to Percee P. He brings it real on every track.

PS, if you think I hate on street people your dumb as hell. I grew up getting recruited by gangs because I was a bully, used to make beats for the person that ran the Folks in Topeka and all that shit..

/drunken rant

not trying to make friends just speaking my mind
am I going to hell for this post?

#13 Toya?

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

View Postgodzilla, on Sep 9 2006, 02:43 AM, said:

PS, if you think I hate on street people your dumb as hell. I grew up getting recruited by gangs because I was a bully, used to make beats for the person that ran the Folks in Topeka and all that shit..

Damn... Kansas, they wanna be like Compton :lol: just kidding. I didn't know y'all got down like that.

I can't lie though, I put some Roc C stickers up in the radio studio.

Does Roc C need to go back to the drawing board? hmm...

#14 godzilla

    STMB's number one superhero

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Okinawa Japan
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

View PostToya?, on Sep 9 2006, 07:05 AM, said:

Damn... Kansas, they wanna be like Compton :lol: just kidding. I didn't know y'all got down like that.

I can't lie though, I put some Roc C stickers up in the radio studio.

Does Roc C need to go back to the drawing board? hmm...

my hometown's crime rate used to be worse than St. Louis even when we only had 130,000 people... I remember when the area my highschool was in was created a warzone. I was the dumbass punk (you know those stupid kids with the spikey hair) driving through the bad neighborhood with my car that backfired with kids taking cover like they were getting shot at after it happened. :o

Its like I tell everyone here in Lawrence though, I haven't had a gun pulled on me since I moved from Topeka. :lol:

#15 envy sible

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:37 AM

well, we'll get new songs by madvillain, madlib, jaylib, med & percee p. that alone is worth the money. plus you got the nice artwork, the dvd, bonus items... im looking forward to this release :lol:

#16 neologism

    STMB Sex Ed.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:home of LA Carnival
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

it will be good-everyone is probably mad cause they teamed up with adult swim. the dvd included is a nice touch. ive been waiting for stones throw to do that forever.

#17 Toya?

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

I think it's cool that they teamed up with Adult Swim, good idea :lol:

Can't wait to see the rest of the DVD

I value the free stuff, by the way. It keeps me coming back

#18 Bapt

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:vinyl

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:48 PM

Posted Image

#19 Holden Caufield

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

View PostBigErnMcCracken, on Sep 8 2006, 10:47 PM, said:

"Monkey Suite" is dope....to me. It may not sound like "traditional" Madvillain beat-wise but it's still dope and DOOM's verses always keep me alert. Madvillain can do no wrong with me. I'd take another Madvillain song in place of Roc C or some shit.....no offense but I'm super cool on him. And it's not because he's different for a "Stonesthrow" artist....that goes for if he was on any label. I think Georgia Anne is dope though.
The question is...."Am I the only one not feeling Roc C?"

If you say that you aren't feeling Roc C, people want to automatically say you are hating because maybe he's a little more "street" than your normal Stonesthrow artist. NO....I'm just not feeling him. He could be on Def Jux.....or Def Jam. He's boring to me.....I couldn't quote any of his lines. He's an automatic fast forward when I buy the Chrome Children CD. That's my opinion though....sorry ST. But I spend my money on the records and cds so I am entitled right?. I know people will hate because of this post lol :lol:

absolutely not feelin roc c. it almost makes me feel guilty, but it's truth. it definitely has nothing to do with his street credentials. i mean.... you can't get more street than immortal technique, whom i believe is one of the dopest mc's in this hip hop world. idk, i just think he sounds very elementary. then again.... who the fuck am i? i just know i want be droppin any dough on his shit.

#20 Brother of Inertia

    ΩΩΩΩ

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Macungie

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

View PostToya?, on Sep 10 2006, 03:38 PM, said:

I think it's cool that they teamed up with Adult Swim, good idea :lol:
if it's censored it's not.

#21 BleeHLH

    STMB Official

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, FL

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

"Monkey Suite" is DOPE AS HELL!!! Those who think otherwise are LOCO to me. I love that little clap (dope), the piano (fresh), and of course the witty lyrics (ill). You can't expect Madvillain to sound the same as they did 3 years ago. People evolve and get inspired differently. Nuff said!



I feel what you are saying about Chrome Children though. I heard most of the tracks already on Madlib DJ mixes or elsewhere. I will buy it to support Stones Throw though.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users