#1 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Hello,

My name's Dan aka Pings, DJ/producer. I'm 27 and run www.KingUnderground.com an online hip hop store/label based in the United Kingdom.

I just wanted to introduced myself on the the STMB forum and to put a few words on the thread so if you don't know what we are all about at kingUnderground then hopefully this will give you an idea.

I'm going to start posting topics on our 'KingUnderground Shop Thread' so if you want to keep up to date with KU on STMB you can.

KingUnderground has been running for 5 years, I started it with a friend back in 2005. Unfortunately my friend/business partner decided he wanted to do other things with his life and left KU about a year after opening. I wanted to run a 'Stay True' hip hop shop (originally just strictly vinyl) and create a Fatbeats type UK store. I pretty much started KU at completely the wrong time as it seems hip hop went down hill a bit after 2005. I felt though that KingUnderground could hopefully help keep the scene alive. I'm not sure we have done that but I'd like to think we've played a part and are still adding to it.

I've joined the STMB forum to get involved with all the hip hop gossip and to let people know about KingUnderground.com
I'm not sure how many of you do know about KingUnderground but I'm not on here just to plug releases and make money, hopefully you can tell I'm a true hip hop head.

It's very tough running an independent hip hop/record store and trying to survive is very tough at the moment. If you can come and check us out that would be appreciated big time, I'm also keen to know your likes and dislikes as well of KingUnderground and how we can make it better for you?

We stock a lot of Stones Throw product as well!

Just to finish off you can download any of our FREE Podcasts here if you fancy a listen:

http://kingunderground.podomatic.com/

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you!

Peace,
Dan @ KingUnderground
  • LAMEDUCKSHOMIE likes this

#2 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

Easter Newsletter @ KingUnderground.com

Latest newsletter link. Please subscribe up!

http://www.mynewslet...tter/1410837185

Cheers,
Dan

#3 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Posted Image

SHIPPING NOW @ www.KingUnderground.com!

So.......I should have released this one a while ago, but I thought that these tracks would find a home somewhere with vocals of some kind attached to it.....Oh well, no big deal....I always will make more and more and more beats...I LOVE THIS GAME !

Volume 2 has a few old potential Gang Starr tracks that we never used back in 1993 for our "Hard To Earn" LP, but they were not better than the ones that made the cut....since they sound dated next to my style of production in the 2000 era, now YOU have it....And don't 4get the BONUS cut at the end of the LP which I will continue to add only to these releases......Much Love to all of the supporters of Vol. 1 and especially all of the MC's that sent versions spittin' lyrics over them for demos, mixtape CD's, and freestyling on radio mixshows.....I actually forgot to add some ill beats that I had intended for Vol. 2, so that means Vol. 3 will be next.......Year Round Records will ALWAYS keep the Vinyl Alive and QUALITY will NEVER be compromised..... NOD YA HEADS 2 THIS !!! - DJ Premier

Label: Year Round Recordings
Catalog: l-YRI202
Format: LP
Released: 2011
Genre: Hip Hop (instrumental)
Producer: DJ Premier
Condition: New

#4 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

Posted Image

270 pages full of numerous photos and illustrations as well as exclusive interviews about SP's development in the course of the one and only, Hip Hop it is. Featured artists include Buckwild, Dela, DJ I-Cue, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Joc Max, DJ Roddy Rod, DJ Spinna, E-Swift, Easy Mo Bee, Gensu Dean, Grap Luva (Pete Rock's brother and MC of InI), Imhotep, Insight, J.Force, J-Zone, Jamey Staub (Pete Rock's sound engineer), Jel, J-Ro, K-Def, Kenny Parker, Lewis Parker, Lord Finesse, Mac McCraw, Needle Drifterz, Nick Wiz, Showbiz, Ski Beatz, Todd Terry and others.

“In the chapters to come, PBODY will guide you through the world of the SP1200, its history, its underlying technology, and both conventional and unconventional techniques for making music with it. I am personally honored to have played a key role in creating such a time-honored instrument, and I must confess how delightful it has been to have a chance to pour over the schematics again and recall the whole design experience. I hope you’ll have as much fun reading as I and the whole E-mu gang did in producing the SP1200. Enjoy! - Dave Rossum, E-Mu Systems Inc.''

#5 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

Posted Image

Redefinition Records is proud to announce that they have partnered with Kev Brown & Kaimbr of the Low Budget Crew to give their recently released digital LP, The Alexander Green Project, on cd & vinyl.

Plus one lucky customer will be put in to a draw to win a 'Green Cassette' courtsey of Redefinition Records!

Limited 600 copies
GREEN vinyl LP
Deluxe edition in full color printed jackets
Bonus green vinyl 7″
One lucky customer will be put in to a draw to win a 'Green Cassette' courtsey of Redefinition Records!
Art work by Joe Buck

#6 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

Posted Image

On June 10th 2011 in sunny Milton Keynes, KingUnderground & Dephect have got together to bring you an MC BATTLE with a 100 prize for 1st place! More info coming soon. (If you would like to enter or get your name on the list please contact dan@kingunderground.com) There are limited places available.

KingUnderground.com & Dephect.com Present:

MC BATTLE (100 Prize)

Also we are celebrating a birthday for very good friend of the KingUnderground family - JOHN DOE!

Where: X-Scape - Sno!Bar - Milton Keynes
When: Friday, 10th June 2011
Doors Open: 9pm
Tickets: FREE ENTRY / 2 after 10.30pm

DRINKS PROMOTIONS!

Also performing live on stage:

AUDIT & MR BROWN - Up & coming UK rapper 'Audit' returns to MK after the success with the last show back in February. His DJ & producer 'Mr Brown' will be manning the turntables and providing all the beats with some fresh new material!

Special Guest: DJ MANIPHEST - DJ set from the Milton Keynes legend, Dj Maniphest, back to show is skills on the turntables!

Local DJ's

Live Art Work Provided By ''Blank Canvas''

Thank you & we hope you enjoy the event!

#7 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

I've just started a sound cloud for myself (Pings). It has beats on there, a few mixes and a Pharoahe Monch Remix if anyones interested. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Peace.
Dan

http://soundcloud.com/djpings

#8 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:05 AM

BRIANNA COLETTE 'In Love (Brooklyn Affair)' 7'' (Prod. Lewis Parker)

PRE-ORDER - SHIPPING JUNE 27th. www.KingUnderground.com

'In Love (Brooklyn Affair)' is a beautiful song that the UK hip hop legend Lewis Parker recorded with the seductive singing talents of the wonderful Brianna Colette! Limited to 300 copies and includes instrumental on the b side.
Posted Image

#9 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

Lewis Parker 'Dangerous Adventures' EP (Black Vinyl) £12.99

If you missed out on the deluxe version here's your chance to pick up the EP on it's own.

After the huge success with the release of Lewis Parker's 'The Puzzle, Episode One: The BIG Game', KingUnderground Records & Dusty Vinyl have teamed up again to release Lewis Parkers 'Dangerous Adventures' EP.

Guest features from: Planet Asia, Vast Aire, Killa Sha, (R.I.P) Easkoast, Tah Born, T.R.A.C, Sav Kills, Baron & John Robinson!

HAND NUMBERED
INSTRUMENTALS
500 COPIES
FREE STICKER

SHIPPING JUNE 27th @ www.KingUnderground.com

Posted Image

#10 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXG_Abu1VEo

Promotional Video/Interview For the upcoming World OF Dusty Vinyl / KingUnderground release 'Dangerous Adventures' Feat. Lewis Parker, John Robinson, Planet Asia, Icerocks, Killa Sha, Vast Aire, Baron Sav, T.R.A.C, Eastkoast, Tah Born, River Nelson.

To pick up a copy: www.KingUnderground.com
This project is supported by www.Dephect.com

#11 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:40 AM

Latest Newsletter @ KingUnderground

You can check out our latest newsletter right here...

http://www.mynewslet...tter/1410891215

#12 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

KingUnderground Podcast Vol.6 - Mixed By Hack

Here's the latest edition in the KingUnderground podcast series, this time mixed by UK DJ/Producer 'Hack'. Description: A diverse, mainly vinyl selection from a couple of months ago featuring tracks from Gangstarr, The Natural Yogurt Band, Pings, Mr Brown, The Menehan Street Band, Flying Lotus, Paul White, Mike Slott, Dennis Coffee, Gonja Sufi, Teebs and Hack along with many other surprises thrown in!

You can download it here @ Dephect or straight from our Podomatic page.

#13 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:15 AM

Link to the latest KingUnderground newsletter. Lot's of new titles shipping now.

http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1410909301

Have a dope weekend!
Dan

#14 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:33 AM

Posted Image

Coming soon on KingUnderground/We Stay True Records.

Please CLICK HERE for the audio.

Mr Brown, (UK producer) has been on the scene for a while now, working largely under the radar on various projects and collaborations with artists such as Planet Asia (Cali Agents), MCM, C-Lone, Audit, Conflix & Logan to name but a few.

After the successful release of Mr Browns' debut instrumental EP 'Beats For Days' his next vinyl offering comes in the form of a limited edition (300 copies), hand numbered, clear red 7 and features the lyrical talents of OH 10s own Copywrite! This song was originally recorded in 2008 and has yet to be released....... until now!

The song is called 'We Don't Quit' and is pure boom bap hip hop through and through. Heavy hard hitting beat, tight scratches and Copywrite coming ripping it up on the sort of beat you rarely get to hear him on these days, basically all the ingredients needed to cook up a hip hop banger!

As an added bonus Mr Brown has thrown in 2 extra bonus beats that are exclusive to the 7 vinyl release (please note the bonus beats will NOT be available on the digital download version).

Copywrite, a member of the MHZ (MegaHertz) crew emerged from the underground scene in 1998 along with his group "MHz" with a debut single on Fondle 'em Records called, ''World Premier''.

After deciding to pursue his solo career, mainly due to DJ Mighty Mi (a member of the group, High & Mighty) not wanting to sign his group, "MHz", in 2000 he released "Holier Than Thou" with producer RJD2 on Eastern Conference/Rawkus Records. He then went on to release his full length LP, ''The High Exhaulted''.

After many major collaborations with artists such as, J Dilla, Sean P, Royce Da 59, Jake One, J-Zone, Rhyme Asylum, RJD2, to name but a few, the US MC, from Columbus, Ohio has teamed up with the UK producer Mr Brown!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hope all's well with everyone!

The Mr Brown / Copywrite 7' is now available for pre-order! http://bit.ly/qFL8Cp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNOqqxnt0KI

Cheers,
Dan

#16 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:06 AM

Posted Image

KUTMASTA KURT Presents: 'Bay-Bronx Bridge 10 Year Anniversary Remixes' 12'' (Limited Edition Vinyl on Blue Wax) £19.99

PRE-ORDER HERE - Shipping 16.09.11.

Bay-Bronx Bridge 10 year Anniversary Remixes by Masters Of Illusion featuring Kool Keith & Motion Man.

Only 200 copies pressed
Pressed on sky-blue colored vinyl
Packaged in a clear plastic jacket with a color sticker
Individually hand numbered
Featuring Kool Keith & Motion Man

The 3 Remixes are by KutMasta Kurt, Imperial (Asphalt Poetry) and Tom C3 (Project Polaroid, Dopestyle 1231, Saga of the Simian Samurai).

Label:Threshold Recordings
Catalogue: BBB-1
Format: 12" Vinyl
Genre: Hip Hop
Producer: KutMasta Kurt, Imperial & Tom C3

YOUTUBE VIDEO
YOUTUBE VIDEO

Track List

Side A

Bay-Bronx Bridge (KutMasta Kurt Remix)
Bay-Bronx Bridge (Imperial Remix)
Bay-Bronx Bridge (Tom C Three Remix)

Side B
Bay-Bronx Bridge (KutMasta Kurt Instrumental)
Bay-Bronx Bridge (Imperial Instrumental)
Bay-Bronx Bridge (Tom C Instrumental)

#17 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:10 AM

Posted Image

ASPHALT POETRY 'Harmagedion EP' (Limited Edition) £34.99

PRE-ORDER HERE - Shipping 16.09.11.

Asphalt Poetry (Coolie Bee & EJ) had their debut EP in 1993 with the awesame Harmagedion EP. Asphalt Records pressed only 200 copies of that EP back then, now Threshold Recordings have put out a very limited vinyl press of only 50 copies, we managed to secure a limited amount of these!

This ep is considered a random rap holy grail and original copies have sold in Japan for over $2,000! It's random rap at it's best engineered by KutMasta Kurt in his first studio and Produced by Imperial (aka DJ Cooley Bee).

Official re-press of only 50 numbered copies
Packaged in a plain jacket with a pink sticker

Catalogue: ASP-0001
Producer: Imperial

YOUTUBE AUDIO CLIP
YOUTUBE AUDIO CLIP

Track List

Harmagedion
Instrumentally Retarded
Lyrical Decay
Freestyle Mind Frame

#18 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image

IMPERIAL 'Drum-Break Hip Hop Vol.2' LP (Limited to 135 Copies) £19.99

PRE-ORDER HERE - Shipping 16.09.11

Drum-Break Hip-Hop Vol.2 by Imperial the Producer of Asphalt Poetry.

Limited to 135 copies
Pressed on green colored vinyl
Packaged in a clear plastic jacket with sticker
Individually hand numbered

Catalogue: DBHH-2
Producer: Imperial (aka DJ Cooley Bee)

YOUTUBE AUDIO CLIPS
YOUTUBE AUDIO CLIPS

Track List (Audio coming soon)

Warriors
Electric Gypsy
Fly Steppin'
Funky Punch
Gyro
Floor Wars
Enter The Master
Apache Line
Metro Knights
True Rockers

#19 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

DAMU THE FUDGEMUNK 'When The Winter Comes' B/W 'Truly Get Your's' (Instrumentals) 7"

SHIPPING NOW @ www.KingUnderground.com

Please note this is the BLACK vinyl version. Linited to 200 copies.

Price: £9.99

Redefinition, once again. Damu's collab with Buff1 gets the official instrumental versions release, in fact "When Winter Comes" & "Truly Get Yours" are finally available as beaties.The ultimate collector's item on black vinyl packed in a plain white sleeve & protective dust jacket with sticker in a limited one time run of 700 units!

Posted Image

#20 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

MR BROWN 'We Don't Quit' Feat. Copywrite 7'' - NOW YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE BONUS BEATS ON THE 7'' EXCLUSIVELY @ KingUnderground.com

Posted Image

#21 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

PRE-ORDER!
Shipping 29.08.11

Price: £51.99

Doom's own Metalface Records are releasing the first complete version of Doom's debut album OPERATION: DOOMSDAY. The complete version contains the original album, alternate versions, b-sides and instrumentals - 51 tracks total, all remastered.

METAL LP BOX 4 records, 32-page lyric book, and all new artwork including 10 Operation Doomsday MC cards.

#22 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

K DEF 'For Def's Sake' (Limited Edition) 7"

SHIPPING NOW @ www.KingUnderground.com

K-Def is a legendary music producer from New Jersey who has worked with artists such as LL Cool J, Marley Marl, Ghostface Killah, Real Live, P Diddy, Lords Of The Underground, Ol Dirty Bastard, Heavy D & more. “For Def's Sake” is an instrumental track that pairs haunting vocal wails & acoustic guitars with jazzy vibraphones & banging drums in a way that keeps the listener on his toes while demanding multiple replays.

The B-Side features a strong composition entitled “Times Change” which is especially notable for it's unique, evolving arrangement which continuously morphs into new patterns & sequences as K-Def introduces a variety sounds in a masterful fashion, all the way until the track fades out.

By now you are surely aware that Redefinition Records is all about Quality Over Quantity, and this record is as good as any previous Redef release. In addition to his plans with Redefinition Records, K-Def also has new releases in the works for quality record labels such as DWG, Slice Of Spice & Mello Music Group. There's a good reason why producers such as Kanye West & Just Blaze have cited K-Def as an early influence and the music on this record and his upcoming releases truly serve as a testament to the man's abilities.

Posted Image

#23 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

Posted Image

DANNY SPICE Feat. Craig G King of the Beat B/W KEY FIGURES Feat. Craig G & Mikey D 7"

PRE-ORDER - Estimated shipping date, 26/09/2011.

www.KingUnderground.com

Limited edition 45, only 300 copies pressed. Featuring two of NYC finest Battle M.C’s Craig G and the legendary Mikey D of Main Source! Side A is produced by KOTB winner Danny Spice and the flip is handled by Key Figures.

Label: King Of The Beats
Catalogue: KTOB 0004
Format: 7'' (Vinyl, limited to 300 copies)
Producer: Danny Spice/Key Figures
Condition: New

Track List

King of the Beat
Come get some
Skit

#24 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

Posted Image

PAUL NICE ‘Turn Tha Party Out (Remix)’ Feat. Biz Markie 7''

PRE-ORDER - estimated shipping date, 30th September.

www.KingUnderground.com

Slice-of-Spice records have saved the best until last of the Signature-7-Series with Paul nice, as they present Biz Markie.
Biz Markie has also recently recorded the ‘Top 5 Break Beats’ skit with Paul Nice, which is included on this limited edition 7”. Joe Buck has also blessed us with some of the most striking cover art you’ll see this year, in a similar style to his award winning J-Dilla poster.
There are 500 hand numbered copies available for worldwide distribution. Release date is set for 19.9.11.

LIMITED EDITION (500 COPIES)
ART WORK BY JOE BUCK
FULL COLOUR ARTWORK & LABELS

YOUTUBE VIDEO

Label: Sice-of-Spice
Catalogue: SSR-004
Format: 7'' (vinyl, limited edition)
Released: July 2011
Producer: Paul Nice

Track List & Audio

Turn Tha Party Out (Remix)
Turn Tha Party Out (Remix)
Instrumental

#25 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

DNA 'Paper Chase' B/W 2 Ounces & a Dream 12'' GREEN VINYL £16.99

PRE-ORDER - Shipping late September.

YOUTUBE VIDEO

AUDIO CLIPS

Limited to only 300 copies on GREEN clear vinyl!
Previously unreleased
Sealed in a Red jacket w/ Sticker
Collector's Edition, not to be repressed

DNA (Devon Noah Allah) in conjunction with Gritty Trax / DNA Function + Six2Six Records.

Track List

Side A
Paper Chase
Paper Chase (Inst)
My Thing Iz Tight
Side B

2 Ounces & a Dream
2 Ounces & a Dream (Inst)
My Thing Iz Tight (Inst)

Posted Image

WAX POETICS 'Issue #48' (Nina Simone) £8.99

PRE-ORDER, Shipping mid September, date TBC.

Latest Installment from Wax Poetics.. Issue 48!!

Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk & Soul Magazine.

Featuring: Nina Simone, Theophilus London, Shock G, Billy Cox, Yabby You, Dom Salvador, Neul, Hudson Mohawke, the Roland TR-808, Neu! Gil Scott-Heron and Fonce Mizell remembered Swamp Dogg, Sarah Vaughan, Odyssey, The Beastie Boys, and Midnight Movers Unltd. rePosted Imageiscovered.

Nina Simone had no filter. She spoke with candor about civil rights when many in her position didn’t dare. She sang about uncomfortable subjects and made sure her audiences understood what those songs were really about.

Setting the contemporary archetype for a breakthrough artist, Theophilus London dropped three mixtapes before releasing any product for sale. Utilizing a mix of ’80s downtown art/music aesthetics and postmodern viral freedom, he put art ahead of commerce and gained fame without the help of a major label or marketing push. Known for the clowning antics of his alter ego, Digital Underground’s Humpty Hump, rapper Shock G was actually very serious about music. Billy Cox gigged with Jimi Hendrix in the Army, worked the chitlin circuit in the South, played bass as an R&B session man
in Nashville, and backed countless stars on television. When the guitar god called on him to join his new band with Buddy Miles on drums, Cox brought gritty Southern ammunition to the Band of Gypsys.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

K DEF Feat. LL Cool J ‘Year Of The Hip Hop’ 10”

PRE-ORDER - Street date is set for October 28th, TBC.

After several failed attempts by other labels to drop this incredible unreleased LL Cool J gem, Slice-of-Spice is proud to present ‘Year Of The Hip Hop’ as a limited edition 10”, with incredible artwork by Joe Buck.

Back in 1994 K-Def was working on some beats out of the B Room in Marly Marl's House Of Hits when LL Cool J walked in on his session and said "let's make some tracks together". Uncle L had always wanted to rhyme on a track using the famous ESG breakbeat 'UFO', so he had Def lay it down with some scratches and then went to town with the mic. Both thought they had a sure fire hit on their hands but unfortunately it was never used.
The DAT tape of the studio session was feared lost for several years before it eventually turned up stuck behind a radiator! Now, 17 years later, K-Def and Slice-of-Spice are proud to present 'Year Of The Hip Hop' in all its vinyl glory.
Once again we're coming at you with strong cover art from the legendary Joe Buck, and personally we think this is his best one yet!

Full color art work with a 3mm spine
Limited edition 10''

AUDIO - Year Of The Hip Hop

Posted Image

#27 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

Posted Image

FREE DOWNLOAD from the latest KingUnderground signing, Simiah. 'Purple Dreams', is a collection of Simiah's beats and gives you a little taster of what to expect from his full length instrumental vinyl release coming early in 2012, called 'Lost in Time'.

#28 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

GRAP LUVA 'Neva Done' EP

Posted Image

GRAP LUVA 'Neva Done' EP £15.99

PRE-ORDER- Release date 25.11.11 as long as no issues at the pressing plant. Shipping 6.12.11.

We are proud to be the only UK retailer stocking this record! KingUnderground exclusive UK release!

Slice-of-Spice are hitting it hard again with another quality release!

Limited edition! New & old music from Pete Rock’s talented brother, Grap Luva. Kev Brown, Joc Max and Damu The Fudgemunk also on the production boards and completing almost all the engineering, mixing/arranging and cuts.

Side A

Work Is Never Done
Neva Done (Vocal)
Neva Done (TV Track)
Work It Out (Vocal)
Work It Out (Inst.)

Side B

Pieces Of A Drum
Keywaves (Piano Waterfall)
Rocking With Elegance
Lion's Walk
Make 'Em Clap (Classic Issue)
Westside Highway

#29 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

EMSKEE 'The Complex Engineer' EP £15.49

Posted Image

The DWG crew are excited to announce there latest release, by Emskee "The Complex Engineer From New Jersey". Consisting of 6 previously unreleased tracks on vinyl.

Black vinyl / Sticker Cover / 350 Copies / One Sheet

Back in the early 1990's before radio stations became dominated by advertising and marketing genius and allowed jocks more flexibility to implement personal music selections and the record industry was still about individual A&R representatives for labels looking for the next big thing to break out. Emskee was right in the thick of the hungry and talented, to show the world that his rhyming skills were more than worthy.
He, along with the tight friendship and talented production skills of Kayzee The White Soul (now known as Nick Wiz....with impressive production credits for Rakim, Chubb Rock, Chino XL, Cella Dwellas, Shabaam Shadeeq, and more), and the original battle DJ, Slyce from Teaneck, New Jersey stayed in the studio making demos to shop....

Click Here for audio

#30 KingUnderground Records

KingUnderground Records

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

Posted Image

Coming soon to KingUnderground....

1st Official Pressing of this Hip Hop CLASSIC on wax.

Heavily sought after and bootlegged, Below The Heavens finally available as an OFFICIAL pressing from Sound In Color with its original artwork.

This version of the album comes with 2x blue vinyl and a bonus 45 of So(ul) Amazin' (Steel Blazin') & Blu Collar Worker.

First 1000 on blue vinyl with bonus 45.
Next 1000 on white vinyl with a blue swirl
Final 1000 on black vinyl

Pre-Orders start very soon @ www.KingUnderground.com!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users