i've just got an sp-303

3 replies to this topic

#1 stopover bombay.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:music. film. rapp cats. warhol. hieroglyphics. vinyl. pop eye. butter. arts. the beats. the meats. spank rock. word. stylus. heads. stickers. samples.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

ive just got my 303 this morning. i've been on it all day. i've made a few nice loops and shit. the sequencer on it is hard to understand; i've heard it's crap anyway. is it probably better to upload the samples on my computer and sequence them on their? if so what is the best program to do this with, and how would i go about this? i have a 64mb smart media card, but that's it. i don't have any type of usb connector or anything.

also, what hardware or software can i used to record on, other than a tapedeck?

#2 Dirk W

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

audacity.sourceforge.net/ throw that tape deck away...

#3 zomg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

Somebody should make a 303 FAQ thread.

#4 scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

View Poststopover bombay., on Dec 29 2006, 01:43 PM, said:

ive just got my 303 this morning. i've been on it all day. i've made a few nice loops and shit. the sequencer on it is hard to understand; i've heard it's crap anyway. is it probably better to upload the samples on my computer and sequence them on their? if so what is the best program to do this with, and how would i go about this? i have a 64mb smart media card, but that's it. i don't have any type of usb connector or anything.

also, what hardware or software can i used to record on, other than a tapedeck?

I USE A SONY MINIDISC!!! That way it works just like a tapedeck, yet its digital!!!!!
Trust man, get those 2 together and thats all you'll need. The minidisc transfers via USB as .wav through the program Sonicstage. Thats it.

PPL dont realize this but just sequence through realtime while resampling , loop it, add, resample, loop, add, ect.

Visit my page to hear how I do @ www.myspace.com/scabsivvi

HOPE TO GAIN NEW FANS!!!!!! NEEEEEEEEW MokaOnly&SCAbS VINYL DUE SUMMER/FALL 2007: "SMOOTH ABRASIONS"....

NEW ELECTRONIC ANIME HIPHOP ALBUM DUE JULY 3rd, 2007: "A Tribute To Animation vol.1" featuring Magneto Connect and Basis Supreme of the Black Zentreadi along with Production by Macross

AND THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED CONTINUATION TO "THE EARPLUGS EP": "The Followup LP" featuring production by Beatiful (UK), DJ of Jade Productions, Moka Only, and SCAbS

ILL SHIT IN STORE... MORE FOR YOU HIPHOP WHORES!!!!
CHILLIN...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users