Beat Battles RULES/FAQ - PLEASE READ FIRSTHelp!
Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:20 PM
Anyone can participate.
Each Saturday a sample for beat makers to use is posted in the Beat Battles forum. Make a beat using the sample, and post it on the forum by Wednesday. Voting takes place on the board Thursday. The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle.
The Beat Battles are run entirely by users of the Stones Throw Message Board.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Join the Stones Throw Message Board
• Download the sample from the latest thread on the Beat Battles forum.
• Post your beat on Soundcloud, with the tag and title STBB### (using the number of the current Beat Battle)
• Post your beat on the latest Beat Battle by Wednesday, 11:59PM, Pacific time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum Thursday, 12:00AM, Pacific time, and ends on Friday, 11:59PM Pacific time.
• Winner posts next week's new Sample & Rules on Saturday by Noon, 12:00PM Pacific time.
The winner of the previous week's battle sets the rules. Here are the default rules:
• One beat per person
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want
• Outside drums and bass are allowed
• No outside keys/synth unless stated
• No A Cappellas
• Vocal samples/skits are allowed
• Cuts/scratches are permitted
Voting takes place in a separate thread for each Beat Battle on the Beat Battles forum. You can vote if you have entered the battles before, or if you have a post count of 5+
• Votes must be in by Friday, 11:59PM Pacific Time.
• Don't vote for yourself
• Make your votes easy to read - using BOLD, BIG FONTS and HIGHLIGHTS is recommended
If you need it: Time Zone Converter
Topic edited by ST Bot 8/16/16
- ST Bot, Ymsé, saadyah tz▾i and 1 other like this
Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:49 AM
I think we must change the vote process to be fair as possible. So, I propose that the moderator of the group will keep the tracks 'pending approval' until voting day, at which point all beats go live to the group page simultaneously.
This way, voting cannot be skewed by friends, nepotism etc.
I think it's better. Tell me what you think.
- Callsine and Instrmntl Beats like this
Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:18 PM
- James Frank. and Professor Coneyack like this
Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:30 PM
Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM
Hey, quick question - how to embed the soundcloud player in a forum post?
Posting the URL of the Soundcloud track on the forum should result in the track being automatically embedded. If that fails:
[ soundcloud ] URL OF TRACK [ / soundcloud ]
additionally, there is a button in the POST window called "Special BBCode" which helps enable Soundcloud and other kinds of links.
Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:10 AM
Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:42 AM
Speaking about samples, is there any list of songs/samples that have previously been used in STBB?
It would be cool to have some sort of overview when choosing samples, just so you don't pick anything
that has been played before.
Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:58 AM
...I'd like to propose two new fixed rules:
- No rulechanges after posting the Topic Start
- The rulemaker has the final say on the entries... he can be made aware of possibly dodgy entries by other participants
- must vote to be able to win
- B-Dog and Cees like this
Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:42 AM
I suggest on top of Joa's suggestions (which I support) that when only much later/after finishing a week's competition, comes out that somebody has won with breaking a rule, the win of that week's competition will be given - with all the (in retrospection) deserved respect and honour - to the nr. 2 in line.
- JoaGymshoe likes this
Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:20 PM
can't find anything in the rules regarding the substituting a posted beat for a new one...
might be good to add the guidelines we've been using...
- it is allowed to replace an earlier posted beat but only if it's a totally different flip.
- first flip is allowed to stay posted when: non- entry is put in the title
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users