#1 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Shit. All respect due.

Dude had absolutely zero skill but big ups to you in the sky still. Up there you can scam all the white women youn want.

Posted Image
RIP

#2 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

"absolutely zero skill" is a bit of a stretch, penicillin on wax was a good listen, in an entertaining like riff raff or lil b kind of way, not a rakim or big daddy kane kind of way.

#3 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I tried to give that album a listen. But it was just too ridiculous.

#4 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

^^^That's the genius of that record. He's horrible, but he sells it with everything he's got. It's a dope album. I laugh, but at the same time I honestly enjoy it.

#5 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yah,
Me and my boys had plenty of laughs listening to it. But it was never a real thing for me. I kind of class him in with Bon Jovi. Albums I put on for a laugh. The beats are good, and I guess his whole Fuck Compton thing was understandable, but kinda unnecessary I mean no disrespect. But I laughed at his tunes more than dug em. Just my opinion.

#6 J-Syxx

J-Syxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Shit. All respect due.

Dude had absolutely zero skill but big ups to you in the sky still. Up there you can scam all the white women youn want.

Posted Image
RIP

This has to be the most disrespectful RIP thread I've ever seen. Really, are you trying to impress us or something by suggesting you listen to more skilled MCs, because personally I don't give a shit.

You don't have to be Rakim or Kane to have dropped a classic album. Penicillin on Wax is a classic album. Most hilarious diss record ever released. I listen to it for the same reason I listen to Eazy E, to laugh my ass off.

The Ultra record he did with Kool Keith was also a great record. He has plenty of credibility.

And fuck diabetes.

#7 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,188 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

And fuck diabetes.

This.

#8 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I admit I felt kinda bad J-Syxx for saying he was a joke, but that was what his rap career was to me, more than anything else. He came out with a super hardcore diss album aimed at Compton and Easy E and did jack squat else ever. Then, last year, he pops back up on tv because he was busted conning silly white women. Apparently, the joke continued. Then he died. Sorry. But a nice arc in my opinion.

And read up.

Yah,
Me and my boys had plenty of laughs listening to it. But it was never a real thing for me. I kind of class him in with Bon Jovi. Albums I put on for a laugh. The beats are good, and I guess his whole Fuck Compton thing was understandable, but kinda unnecessary I mean no disrespect. But I laughed at his tunes more than dug em. Just my opinion.

#9 J-Syxx

J-Syxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I admit I felt kinda bad J-Syxx for saying he was a joke, but that was what his rap career was to me, more than anything else. He came out with a super hardcore diss album aimed at Compton and Easy E and did jack squat else ever. Then, last year, he pops back up on tv because he was busted conning silly white women. Apparently, the joke continued. Then he died. Sorry. But a nice arc in my opinion.

And read up.

Tim Dog has like six albums, and he has classic guest spots on stuff like Ultramagnetic MCs - A Chorus Line. He just didn't suddenly dissappear after POW and that wasn't the only thing he did. If he never got maisntream attention again, well, the record industry is a bitch. I'm not going to judge him based on that. But if you kept tabs on underground shit, chances are you have heard his name name since 1991. Tim Dog is a real MC from the Bronx. Plenty of people in hip hop, including prominent MCs and even people from the westcoast, respect him. He just wasn't some creation. Frankly, I enjoy his super hard, over the top delivery and persona for the same reason I like westcoast gangsta rappers in the same vein. I never listened to him and thought he was weak either.

As for whether or not that diss concept album was a "real" thing, I think it's totally beyond the point. When I listen to NWA, for example, I don't think I interpret all the shit they rap about as the god given truth. The reason I love Eazy E is he goes so over the top to the point it was ridiculous, rapping like he was the hardest person on Earth and would shoot anyone, even your grandmother. I can for example, listen to the Chronic, and then put on Eazy records where he disses the shit out of Dre and Snoop and laugh my ass off over it. In the same way, I can play NWA and then play POW right afterwards and enjoy both. I don't know if people on the westcoast caught feelings over that record, but I don't think it should be interpreted that way. I also think it was a good thing to do at the time in the context of NWA and westcoast hip hop getting endless media attention for their gangsta image. In some way, it may have helped other hard New York shit that came out later like Wu-Tang or whatever else indirectly by helping create the context in the public concisouness for a more hardcore New York gangsta rap image.

As for him catfishing some chick, I just thought it was irrelavanet. A good amount of the MCs we love have done stupid egregious shit and I don't think their work as artists should be judged on that. When I think about Slick Rick, for example, I don't think about him trying to blast his cousin. I must have been out of the loop recently on this stuff, becuase I didn't even hear about this internet scam until yesterday. I just know him for his musical output.

#10 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

:)
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#11 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Or did he??
http://www.egotripla...ke-death-video/
  • DJ Primate likes this

#12 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

White women, you have been warned.

#13 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

White women, you have been warned.

Kool Kieth Says He Is a Alive. "TIM DOG. I"M THE MUTHERFUCKING MAN."

#14 joust1

joust1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Nope, he dead.

http://noisey.vice.c...tim-dog-is-dead

#15 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Yah, saw this. Really bummed. Was hoping for a new album.

Erm.

#16 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

this shit made Dateline NBC news haha:

http://www.nbcnews.c...-solved-n203776

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users