• ynqhead likes this

#2 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

I wish I knew. It's been a while since any new madlib jazz has been released. Hopefully he's onto a next level phase. I'm waiting as well

#3 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image

when is it coming out?

good question, i think we will be hit with something new in the next 4 months (fingers crossed)

i just moved to arlington tx like a year ago, forever young record store is very whack the people that work there get attitudes when asked a question, i went to a few other that were better do u know of any around here?

#4 Jackie Kennedy

Jackie Kennedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Being a wife and mother.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

i just moved to arlington tx like a year ago, forever young record store is very whack the people that work there get attitudes when asked a question, i went to a few other that were better do u know of any around here?

i haven't been to texas in years :P

#5 nervous

nervous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Looks like it's just some sketches and shit by Jason Jagel, a mock record cover.

http://www.juxtapoz....d-conversations

Far as I can tell, there's only one Kamala Walker track that's been released and it's on Yesterday's Universe.

#6 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

I dont know if anyone caught this, but a few years back The Madlib had three upcoming albums from Yesterdays Universe listed on his Myspace account. The firtst two were Slave Riot and Miles Away...The third was Soul food Conversations. The only way I could confirm this is by having BOT or JJ co sign, but I have a feeling they aren't very big fans of me.
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#7 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

I dont know if anyone caught this, but a few years back The Madlib had three upcoming albums from Yesterdays Universe listed on his Myspace account. The firtst two were Slave Riot and Miles Away...The third was Soul food Conversations. The only way I could confirm this is by having BOT or JJ co sign, but I have a feeling they aren't very big fans of me.

Man 20LIB, or as its referred to on the Gregorian calendar 2010, The Madlib started the year with some nice YU releases and had my expectations for more jazz set all high, especially with High Jazz dropping in the middle of the year. Who really knows when KW&TST will drop though, because Slave Riot and Miles Away kind of came out of left field when they dropped. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we'll eventually get the Winter and Spring Suites in those awesome little cardboard cases.

#8 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'd be happy if he dropped EP's like the old YNQ days. I am comfortable enough with The Madlibs music that I dont mind if its a big seller or not, I really enjoy his experimental creativity and I'd support (almost) anything on the spot. I'm still diggin the Rels project and other less popular albums... But then again, everything isn't about what I'd buy. After all ST/MADLIB INVASION are businesses at the end of the day and Otis has mouths to feed.

I'm afraid that those seasonal suites are on a Madvillainy 2 status :(

#9 Liv

Liv

the mean mugging scapegoat

• Members
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

but I have a feeling they aren't very big fans of me.

we in this together
I know that feeling
  • ynqhead likes this

#10 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'd be happy if he dropped EP's like the old YNQ days. I am comfortable enough with The Madlibs music that I dont mind if its a big seller or not, I really enjoy his experimental creativity and I'd support (almost) anything on the spot. I'm still diggin the Rels project and other less popular albums... But then again, everything isn't about what I'd buy. After all ST/MADLIB INVASION are businesses at the end of the day and Otis has mouths to feed.

I'm afraid that those seasonal suites are on a Madvillainy 2 status :(

There are so many projects within YU that some EP releases would be quite excellent to have in the collection; Suntouch, R.M.C., and Kenny Cook I'm looking in your general direction...

I'm still going to hold on to hope with regards to both the seasonal Suites. If we get to 2016 and there still is no word that's when I'm willing to relegate them to MV2/Supreme Team status.

#11 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

That last London interview The Madlib said hes been working on different jazz projects...he also says that he hasn't been so eager to put new music out.

Hopefully we get a surprise jazz CD a mist the raining of madlib projects, especially this winter 2013.

#12 NohtisDaSound

NohtisDaSound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

I remember when Yesterdays Universe was about to drop and they had the poster for it. I used to bug out on all the pictures of the EPs at the bottom and although I had most it was cool to see that little by little we began to see the rest come into fruition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users